1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

New owner confirmed…

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by Hutch-tiger69, May 30, 2016.

1. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

We've taken £40m in player sales so far this season and not replaced them, yet you don't think there's any asset stripping?

We have an income of £60m this season, taking no account of transfer income, we are absolutely nowhere near a FFP issue, our wage bill is currently not even half our income.

Last season we had an income of £120m and a net transfer spend of **** all.

I find your summary to be ridiculous, inaccurate, nonsense, they can walk away tomorrow with all their money.

2. originallambrettaman

Staff Member

<laugh>

3. TigerinSydney

TigerinSydney Well-Known Member

I would guess that Hull City Tigers pays for a lot of Allam expenses. It's the sort of thing that would likely give Ehab a little stiffy

4. tigermaul

tigermaul Well-Known Member

I wish that had been true. I would say max 1/3 stood. I was saddened by that. I realise a few might not be able to stand but it could have sent a massive signal if all bar them had. Either most of the rest were Allam apologists or apathetic which beggared belief given what's gone on.

5. Chilton's Hundreds

Chilton's Hundreds Well-Known Member

At the time I thought I recognised that old Chinese fella (you know the one that looked about 80) that was in the 'buyers' group last summer but I couldn't quite place it.

I was thinking have I seen his photo on the internet or maybe in the financial section of the papers?

Turns out he'd been delivering my chicken curry with half rice/half chips for the last 15 years

<laugh>

balkan tiger likes this.
  6. The B&S Fanclub

The B&S Fanclub Well-Known Member

Is that Chein Lee geezer looking to purchase Barnsley, over us?...Not disrespect to BFC, but if so, FFS we're £ucked all ways up.

7. originallambrettaman

Staff Member

Almost everyone stood up around me.

8. Obadiah

Obadiah Well-Known Member

We are nowhere near a FFP issue because we have sold the vast majority of our high earners. Its not surprising our wage bill is less than half our income.

You have no idea whether my figures are nonsense, unless of course, you've seen the books of account.

9. originallambrettaman

Staff Member

I don't need to see the books to know our transfer business, it's fact, not opinion. What you've claimed simply isn't true.

10. howdentiger

howdentiger Well-Known Member

But but but....its OLM it must be gospel and we all must agree or face ridicule

11. originallambrettaman

Staff Member

It helps if you can count.

TonyNormansGloves likes this.
  12. Dills double deckers

Dills double deckers Well-Known Member

Bringing Silva and staff in was the last throw of the dice. The plans to sell players and promote under 23,s and bring in loanees was thought up before Silva. Relegation was the point where Ehab pressed the button to get it started. Potential new owners want stable books and a stable team. Good luck with the latter.

13. Obadiah

So the £40 million is what the clubs have already paid for the players we've sold and is/was sitting in the Hull City Tigers Limited bank account?

14. tigercity

tigercity Well-Known Member

If, as claimed, the Allams can walk away now with all their initial money and given the vitriol they are subject to (which they will no doubt see as lack of appreciation or don't care about), then you might expect them to sell up. They've had opportunities in the past. One sale collapsed due to 'fit & proper person' failure and others it seems due to trying to change the goalposts during negotiations. They have not shown themselves to be capable of sealing a deal. I wonder if Papa was the brains of the family business and in fact Ehab is a poor business man alone. There is really no reason for them to carry on if they receive an offer even giving them a small profit. The only reason to stay is unrealistic greed. "Finding the right owner" doesn't wash as they don't care about the football club in more than a financial sense.

Edelman and pudseytiger like this.
  15. SydneyTiger14

SydneyTiger14 Well-Known Member

Just because we have amounts owing on players doesn't mean Ehab and co can just pocket it and walk away. What are they pocketing? The payment is due to the club. The prospective new owners would have to pay them out for this receivable. We also don't know the accurate fees as the media reports add-ons or other amounts included in the up-front fee, when it can be staggered in various ways.

Obadiah is right, it isn't as simple as just adding together all of the supposed fees and calculating how much the Allams can just pocket.

16. Dills double deckers

Dills double deckers Well-Known Member

They are the club!

17. pudseytiger

pudseytiger Well-Known Member

Like a lot of things at the club at this moment don't make sense, surely running the playing side down as we see their are doing as we speak, make the club even more less attractive to a buyer, therefore harder to sell, we've seen hard times at city before but this is the worst, because having reach the promised land (PL) the greedy spiteful owners are now making sure that it will be a long time before we get anyway near it again, i find it so sad, bastards.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2017
    Edelman likes this.
  18. Obadiah

The Allams own the limited company yes, but if the £40 million is paid in instalments and includes add-ons then they have to wait for their money, that could take another two or three seasons or even longer.

ImperialTiger and SydneyTiger14 like this.
  19. SydneyTiger14

SydneyTiger14 Well-Known Member

Not once they sell it.

20. The B&S Fanclub

The B&S Fanclub Well-Known Member

I heard from someone who has done business with the Allams, that Ehab is quote 'thick' I don't think he was having a go at him for just the hell of it, but it was a genuine appraisal. In which case, if true, tells me a great deal. maybe he 's not got the capacity to sell the club or negotiate a deal.