1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

North Ferriby FA Trophy

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by The Omega Man, Jan 23, 2015.

1. The Omega Man

The Omega Man Well-Known Member

Yer, erm, well yer. What's stopping you going? Flat tyre on your bmx?

Happy Tiger likes this.
  2. Carmine Galante.

Carmine Galante. Well-Known Member

I don't know his name but the big ginger beast who plays centre half is worth watching.

I've only seen him play once but he's a unit who takes no prisoners.

3. The Omega Man

The Farnborough manager says that NF are the biggest team he has seen and that they are a bit of a handful.

4. Aire

Aire Member

It's a sad state of affairs when you feel you have to justify your reasons for going to watch some non league football.

Is this what it's come to?

5. The Omega Man

For me too many on here use Hull United as a stick to beat the name change with and therefore you are right, it's a sad reflection on the state of affairs at the club. Supporting a club as an alternative to supporting Hull City / Hull Tigers is far different to watching a lower league team play. But I do feel strangely uneasy at attending North Ferriby today and the only reason is the Hull United thread.
    If Assem Allam did not want to change the name of the club, would Hull United have had 500+ last week?
    I just find it odd that no one challenged the Hull United thread being put up at all, even me.

6. Happy Tiger

Happy Tiger Well-Known Member

Splitter.

OT a sec. Is anyone taking any of the comments in this thread seriously?? Honestly are they??

7. PLT

PLT Well-Known Member

U
    So what's the problem? Plenty of words but what are you saying?

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but you seem to be always attacking the anti name change stance but pretending not to be pro name change yourself.

8. tigers40

tigers40 Well-Known Member

did you go?

9. The Omega Man

Yes I did.

NFU won 2-0. I enjoyed it.
    I have to admire the fans who travelled down to give their support. I have said on here that my Saturday's were taken up by being involved in hockey up until 9 years ago when I retired after 35 years as a player, coach, manager and umpire.
    Support for Hull City was restricted to the occasional home or away game and the weekly update chats with my Dad.
    I have always carried a simular admiration for those dedicated supporters who followed City everywhere.
    So Saturday took me back not to my supporting day's but to the time when I was involved in sport. I felt a nostalgic tug at the heart, when I heard those immortal words " don't run on contrete in studs".

10. Kempton

Kempton Well-Known Member

Yeah iv'e noticed this. So which is it Mel, are you pro or anti ? It's hard to tell. You could be a 'don't care',but then you wouldn't have so much to say on the subject surely ?

11. The Omega Man

I have said before that I would not be going to watch Hull Tigers. Recently this view has softened as the person who I go with still may want to go and I do enjoy the matchday.
    I am against protests in stadiums and the personal attacks made on here to the owner. I took part in the first West Park march. But when I saw how few joined in the first rendition of CTWD at 1904 in the West Stand upper, I realised that unless the whole supporter base is fully behind CTWD the club could do just about what it wants. Afterr that point I realised that the CTWD group did not represent all of the support.
    I am against the name change to Hull Tigers, but would have accepted a change to Hull City Tigers. But being against the name change is not as black and white as some make out. I believe that you still have to be able to work with the club and the actions of CTWD its officers and supporters does not balance with that. I support their objective, but not the manner that they have always done things and the same can be said about the club and the owner.
    It's a hard line to follow. Some of the rubbish that is posted by both sides needs challenging and as there are more anti than pro posters on here, the chances are that I will post an opposite view to more anti than pro.

I find the Hull United business really blizzare, when posters who are anti name change. Promote on a Hull City forum a club that has changed its name for economic reasons. Should I keep it quite.

Summary, I am anti name change, but I am prepared to listen to any valid reason for change and if it came to losing the club and changing the name I would support it. You know just like Hull United.

Happy Tiger and Kempton like this.
  12. Kempton

Kempton Well-Known Member

Good,that's that cleared up then. Thank you for your honest and detailed reply. On the Hull United thing, you won't have noticed,but i'm indifferent, i really don't hold any sort of view on it.

13. NorthFerribyTiger

NorthFerribyTiger Well-Known Member

Nothing wrong with watching NFU.....I'll be doing it more often from next season

14. RicardoHCAFC

RicardoHCAFC Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Admittedly I haven't been keeping track of their regular attendances, but I think a lot of that crowd would have been there due to Woodhouse and Ashbee being involved. The name change issue with Allam has been around for a while, and earlier this season United paid people to turn up and only got low 400s. Unless I've missed something there hasn't been another Allam related factor to give them a 25% boost on that for this time.

15. SimonGraysJacket

SimonGraysJacket Well-Known Member

In what should have been our greatest season ever, FA Cup runners up, first time in European Football, second season the premier league, then WHY are threads about North Ferriby United and Hull United AFC some of the most popular of recent times?

Could it be that people see the Premier League for what it is, a bunch of mercenaries on millions of pounds a year, basically doing **** all half the time, who don't give a **** about the club, its fans, or the City of Hull. The club is run by an Egyptian Buffoon with a plan that baffles everyone in the land (including his son if he dared open his trap).

Some blame must be applied to the current manager who has constantly played people out of positions and kept strikers on the bench in games where they were needed on the pitch. What is going on with our training methods too?? Surely there must be a link to our current injury crisis, are we preparing them properly?

Or could it be people like to see a winning team? Lets face it the Premier League is ruthless, I missed the Palace game because I was in Vegas, so the Everton win is the first gave I have seen us win since........????
    We were getting bigger crowds in the bottom tier v Swansea than we did in the Premier League.

Is the emergence of Hull United just at the right time, grass roots football refreshing in its honesty, they are winning games, and its bloody cheap.

Just in case anyone is thinking I am involved with Hull United, I am not, in anyway shape or fashion, I am a football fan, I love the game, and sometimes going back to grass roots is a bit like rehab, or marriage counseling after you have fallen out of love with it.

I have been a Hull City Season ticket holder for 20 years, been to all the little ****ty grounds Torquay, Darlo, Hartlepool, Rushden, Bristol Rovers, Oxford, Bournemouth, Plymouth etc, so City through and through, BUT....something tells me enough is enough at the moment, its too expensive, its not enjoyable, and this all comes from the **** at the top.

Next season I am gonna pick and choose my games at Hull City, Hull United and North Ferriby.
    (If we stay up just gonna go to the cheap banded games).

I don't even know where this little outburst came from, time for the pub I think, have a good day.

16. NorthFerribyTiger

NorthFerribyTiger Well-Known Member

They were also giving away free lifetime season passes

17. Chazz Rheinhold

Chazz Rheinhold Well-Known Member

An excellent post TOM.

18. TheCasual

TheCasual Well-Known Member

Because it's a totally different situation.

St Andrews where a tiny semi pro club struggling in a City with three pro clubs and countless pro, amateur clubs. There where proven benefits to the name change(whether you agree with it is different).

Hull City are currently in there most successful period ever, in the most marketable league in the world and the name change has no proven benefits.

Kempton likes this.
  19. Chazz Rheinhold

Chazz Rheinhold Well-Known Member

<laugh> Thats exactly Allams arguement on a bigger scale

20. TheCasual

TheCasual Well-Known Member

You seem to have conveniently miss out I said 'proven benefits' to suit your arguments.

And drop this marketing argument. It's obvious his bizarre way getting back at HCC.