1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Northam Over Here - Blog

Discussion in 'Southampton' started by NISaint, May 25, 2016.

1. NISaint

NISaint Well-Known Member

Hi folks, I've decided to start writing a Southampton FC blog. This is my first effort, if you have the time could you please give it a read. You can comment underneath and share if you want to. Enjoy :)

https://northamoverhere.wordpress.com/

lamby likes this.
  2. fran-MLs little camera

fran-MLs little camera Well-Known Member

Nice piece, well written....though overtaken by Les Reed's declaration that the Koeman contract issue may be resolved (fingers crossed). I think we have moved on without the media picking up on it. We lost a lot of crucial players a couple of years ago (though they turned out not to be essential), but only lost 2 last season...hardly the exodus predicted. We have reached the stage where players sought by others are signing longer contracts. As you say, we are in safe hands with Les and Katharina.

Keep up the good work<applause>

3. NISaint

Granted, the article would have been more applicable a couple of days ago :emoticon-0148-yes: Thanks for reading. If Koeman extended today and the whole piece was rubbish I wouldn't mind :emoticon-0136-giggl

4. ChilcoSaint

ChilcoSaint What a disgrace
    Forum Moderator

Very well written piece, and if I may say so, your realistic outlook on the Koeman situation is expressed neatly and without any journalistic hyperbole. As Fran and yourself say, let's hope the uncertainty will be over soon!

5. Saint Alban

Saint Alban Active Member

Nice article, as you insinuate it's all about "The Southampton Way"! Looking forward to the next one.

On a separate note though my eyes hurt after reading that white text on bright red background!! my screen was like one of those magic eyes when I came back to this page afterwards! <yikes>

6. NISaint

Ah ok, I'll take that on board and aim for something easier on the eyes next time <doh> I obviously took the red and white element a step too far. Thanks for the feedback folks, much appreciated.

7. JustAnotherSaintSupporter

Enjoyed reading your blog. Well written and a fair reflection of what make the Saints tick most peoples boxes

8. lamby

lamby Needs a cold shower

As above. Good read.

9. Archers Road

Archers Road Urban Spaceman

Good stuff, keep it coming. I liked the comment that it "would be foolish to think Les Reed and the board can keep rolling sixes". That sums up my feelings when people say this or that player (or manager) can be easily replaced. Truth is, it's never easy replacing talent, it's always a gamble.

10. Che’s Godlike Thighs

Che’s Godlike Thighs Well-Known Member

Bit jealous that your name is J-Rod.

NISaint likes this.

11. TheSecondStain

TheSecondStain Needs an early night

I understand it's a form of persistence of vision. Looking at Venetian blinds from a dark room to the bright day outside produces a similar effect, for example. One looks away or shuts one's eyes and the blinds are still there.

12. TheSecondStain

But Saints' resource set-up and skill at finding replacement players means that the dice they use are heavily loaded in favour of success.

13. Archers Road

Archers Road Urban Spaceman

True. Knowledge, research and analysis can turn the odds in the gambler's favour. That and sticking with the things that have been shown to work in the past.

14. davecg69

davecg69 Well-Known Member

I second all the above emotions ............ especially the red and white copy one ....... I read it through sunglasses and it was still a tad bright :emoticon-0103-cool:

The future's bright. The future's red and white! :emoticon-0105-wink:

15. Saint Alban

There hasn't been much mention of the "Black Box" recently, did Paul Mitchell steal it when he b******ed off to Spurs?

16. Saint Alban

[Clearly I mean the rights to it or something along those lines, not the actual room !!]

17. TheSecondStain

I've mentioned it at least a dozen times in the last month, from various articles old and new. About three weeks ago Steve Claridge, on The Monday Night Club on R5 mentioned about this brilliant room bristling with technology that Saints have [which I linked on this forum], called The Black Box, which helps them muster huge amounts of relevant data on any player in the world that they choose to inquire of, which helps them recruit brilliant replacement players. He said his Chairman's reaction to seeing it was WOW.! And that was just to the stuff Saints let him see. To his knowledge, no other club has anything like it.

If I can remember any more mentions of TBB I'll tell you. ;)

18. NISaint

Thanks for all the feedback :emoticon-0128-hi: When the next piece is ready would it be better to post it in this thread instead of starting a new on each time? Maybe I could change the thread title to "Northam Over Here" Blog.

fatletiss likes this.
  19. fatletiss

fatletiss Well-Known Member

Definitely get the title changed. If nothing else that promotes your blog name more any way.

20. NISaint

Done. Thank you

fatletiss likes this.