1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Norwich City v Brighton & Hove Albion

Discussion in 'Norwich City' started by KIO, Apr 21, 2017.

?

Predict The Result

Poll closed Apr 22, 2017.
  1. Canaries Win

50.0%
  2. Seagulls Win

42.9%
  3. Stalemate

7.1%
  1. Walsh.i.am

Walsh.i.am Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

But I bet they don't celebrate quite so vociferously every anniversary of the time the drubbed your ass 1 - 5? We do!! (6th today <ok>) :grin:
    Always happy to make your weekend, Warky. Any time, just ask <ok>

2. JM Fan

JM Fan Well-Known Member

Just down the Glasshouse after the game
    AP MotM AGAIN - yet as he wasn't our previous head's pet, he hardly ever played - AN persevering with Hoolahan and Naismith. <doh>
    I thought the whole team played well tonight and if they had ONLY showed as much desire throughout the season, we'd now be looking forward to the play-offs as a MINIMUM!!??
    PS - I predicted a Canaries win!!!?

Last edited: Apr 21, 2017
  3. johnnywarksmoustache

johnnywarksmoustache Well-Known Member

I celebrate the anniversary of us winning the FA Cup and UEFA Cup each year while you celebrate that goal that Gioss scored when you were participants. <laugh>

4. goldeneadie

goldeneadie Well-Known Member

So did . Nahnahnah.

5. canary-dave

canary-dave Well-Known Member

6. JM Fan

JM Fan Well-Known Member

I wonder if Stockdale will consider changing the number on the back of his shirt???? <laugh>

7. Walsh.i.am

Forum Moderator

My thoughts entirely, JM. Where was that speed of thought, movement, ball distribution against Rotherham, Burton, Wigan etc etc. I thought they were all decent or good last night but special praise to Howson, Naismith, Pritchard and in particular Oliveira, who worked like a Trojan all evening and ran his socks off - hope he wants to stay put at the club :emoticon-0112-wonde <ok>
    And congrats to Russ Martin, who was also excellent and hardly put a foot wrong on his 300th outing - something that can not often be said about him <yikes>

JM Fan likes this.
  8. Walsh.i.am

Forum Moderator

<laugh>

JM Fan likes this.
  9. Walsh.i.am

Forum Moderator

10. JM Fan

JM Fan Well-Known Member

That's one of the few games this season where we've played as a TEAM.
    Strange AI didn't go and think - 'Oh, it's Brighton - I'd better play a different team than I did against Preston!!' <doh>

11. Walsh.i.am

Forum Moderator

He explained his thinking in the presser afterwards:

12. DUNCAN DONUTS

DUNCAN DONUTS SOCIAL JUSTICE WARRIOR

Anyone got a goals clip I couldn't be arsed to watch last night.
    Apparently we have a youth player called Og that scored a brace ?

13. Walsh.i.am

Forum Moderator

DUNCAN DONUTS likes this.
  14. DUNCAN DONUTS

DUNCAN DONUTS SOCIAL JUSTICE WARRIOR

JM Fan likes this.
  15. RiverEndRick

RiverEndRick Well-Known Member

I agree, Cromer. 'Howson, Naismith, Pritchard and in particular Oliveira' certainly did work their socks off both with and without the ball. Interesting what AI said about Olivera's ability to play with his back to goal being more effective at home as opposed to CamJam's power and pace in away games. That's a great advantage if sole strikers can be rotated in that way as it's demanding physically. AP has improved considerably as the season goes on and that bodes well for next year. When he first played he was inconsistent and his defensive game was non-existent. Last night he was like a terrier when the ball was lost, as were Naismith, Howson, and Dorrans. That made us much more solid defensively. Defending is a whole team responsibility and the back four were able to keep their shape much better because of that support.

JM Fan and canary-dave like this.
  16. Walsh.i.am

Forum Moderator

Hardly surprising given his confidence must have been shot to pieces after being overlooked week after week by Alex Neil. Canos marque 2 for a long while.
    Regular game time improves fitness, awareness and confidence.
    BTW, I've never understood how - or why, people make the word 'jam' out of the letters 'Jerome' - and I'm normally OK with anagrams? :emoticon-0112-wonde

17. bedfordcanary

bedfordcanary Well-Known Member

TBF Dorrans and Martin had very good games! Id have started Maddison for Naismith though as Naismith is useless.

Josh Murphy was cack last night (aside from one half decent run where he lost the ball and it ran into Pritchard's path for the 1st goal). The Murphy boys have scored goals this season but have been useless other than that. Weak on the ball, don't track back and make poor decisions much of the time. Learning to be done by both!!

We doninated last night and the game management was far better than in previous games. Got the two goals and then kept the ball. We nullified their support by making it dull to watch by possession football. Very professional.

My personal team ratings:

Ruddy 6 (Made a good save first half)

Pinto 8 (good runs forward and defended well)
    Martin 7 (solid, nothing fancy)
    Bennett 7 (one of his best games for us, solid)
    Djiks 7 (nothing fancy but did his job well)

Dorrans 8 (one of his best games for us, kept the ball well and kept it moving, centre of everything for us)
    Howson 6 (poor game really but flashes of his usual class)

Naismith 5 (works hard but utterly useless in possession, gave it away far too often)
    Pritchard 9 (worked hard and provided to the two goals, a class above)
    Jo. Murphy 5 (as said earlier in the post... poor. Doesn't work hard, ineffectual in possession, one half decent run lead to a goal).

Olivera 8 (poor in the air but held the ball up very well when it was played to his feet, some class touches in attack)

Wes 6 (not on for long but some good touches)

Maddison 7 (looked very tidy when he came on, look forward to seeing him more!)

18. Oxcanary

Oxcanary Well-Known Member

Warky you really say the nicest things!

19. JM Fan

JM Fan Well-Known Member

Match Day report from Gary Gowers - http://norwichcity.myfootballwriter...ithful-more-glimpses-of-what-might-have-been/. I LOVE the headline!!!!

Edit - "For those who are unaware, our own Stewart Lewis was granted interviews with the aforementioned Mr Webber and also the club’s managing director, Steve Stone at this week’s Norwich City Fans Social Club event, both of which will be adorning the MyFootballWriter pages in the next week or so."
    Something to look out for..
    Sorry if some of this had been said already/elsewhere, but if typed the post and forgot to press send!!! <doh>

PS - Note for canario/Rick - I know AP struggled in some of his early games, but I saw something on , newsnow' that he's won 5 of the last 6 MotM awards!!!!.
    I also think he plays better with Naismith (he laid on the pass for the second of on Friday!!)

20. carrowcanario

carrowcanario Well-Known Member

I agree I think AP & JM are the future, hence why we don't need Hoolahan any more. I also think he needs to play alongside someone like Naismith. I might be wrong by I think that when Pritchard and howson have both played we have had our best games. I just think AP was incredibilly frustrated by AN.

: canarycall