1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Not 606 banners

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by The Omega Man, Apr 25, 2017.

1. The Omega Man

The Omega Man Well-Known Member

The club has been in contact with us (DMD, Mauled, TOM) regarding the Cobb Morley banner. It has been stored by them but they want to know what our plans are for it.

Steptoe is in a bad way and needs some TLC, so the first thing needed is that it gets picked up. We need to look at its condition and we can go from there. If we have it renovated by Mauled, we have several choices on what happens next.

I asked the SMC if we can display it in the stadium again and they are considering it. They will have the same problem of storage, as they have to take it down after every game as they have to provide a clean stadium for the next user. I suggested having it on display in one of the concourses and this is also under consideration.

The Airco Arena has said that they would consider it going on permament display it the bar. Alongside the OSC displays. I am happy to find a home that the forum approves of once we have assessed it.

I also asked about the in bruce we trust banner. This disappeared after the last game of the season. It was not with the Cobb Morley banner. The SMC will have a good look for it, but they have said it was in a very poor condition the last time it was put up. In their opinion, even if they found it, the chances are that it would not be usable.

If we wanted to put new banners up, we may be able to.
    Lessons have been learnt by all concerned in the banners. The club will supply the measurements for us to use in the future, they will advise on fixing points etc.

Lastly, I asked if we can have a return of the "Tigers Logo" crowd banner, for the next two games.

I should point out that this is the SMC and not the club. I am aware that this could be discussed by the Supporter Committee and I doubt that I will contacted by the club about this, but the point is that we have a good contact in the SMC.

I know that posters on here voiced concerns about the banners in the past. Besides the content issue, I have to point out that the SMC contacts are helpful and appear to want to help in the future.

nbetiger and Howden Tigress like this.