1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Nothing to add

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by Prince Knut, Apr 25, 2017.

1. Jimmy Squarefoot

Jimmy Squarefoot Well-Known Member

Let's see if Jordan Henderson will receive the same level of abuse of the coming years - he has missed the same no of games over past 2 years with an incurable foot injury ...

moreinjuredthanowen likes this.
  2. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

I think that time has already come, we can't have a captain that doesn't play and at long last Can is showing that he's first choice. Hendo is going to struggle to get back in so he has to accept a spot on the bench. Same with Milner, good squad options but nothing more.

3. moreinjuredthanowen

Yeah... abuse is one thing... i think genuinely certain xomments habe not helped sturridge.

If we actually use our own memories we coyld see sturridge in 2013 coming back early from a bad ankle injury sustained for england and playing well.

In 2014 and 2015 we see him just not coming back from muscle issues.

But now? He has had a hip operation guys... and imo that was end of him. Last two rimes he was out it was quoted so whatever about percieved pain before imo this hip is game over and he will never be right.

The person who gave him a huge contract when not right has quite a lot to answer for imo.

Henderson with respect is a workhorse mainly and if he cant run.... again needs to be thought seriously about. Utd kept fletcher for a long time cos they could afford to but didnt fail to replace him on field... clearly we need to replace on field

Also its been very clear. Can is not a pivot player. Not a no 6. He is not the answer either.

Jimmy Squarefoot likes this.
  4. LuisDiazgamechanger

5. Zanjinho

Zanjinho Boom!
    Forum Moderator

Could be worse, we could criticise then for being available instead <whistle>

6. Jimmy Squarefoot

Jimmy Squarefoot Well-Known Member

Oh and let's add Danny Ings to the list as well.

7. LuisDiazgamechanger

Danny Ings has been unfortunate , I am not sure if his injuries is going to affect his space.

8. Prince Knut

Prince Knut GC Thread Terminator

Plantar fascilitis can be managed - in a middle-aged jogger like me. I agree with you Jimmy that, even though he'll get the best treatment modern medicine can give, all forms of tendonitis are managed, not cured. It won't get any better. Very debilitating in a professional athlete.

9. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

No idea wtf to do with him, he's not going to be the same player after so long out. I suppose we might as well see how he does.

10. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

I've got/had that, I don't know if it's something that can be cured but I don't run around anymore anyway so it doesn't affect me, I tore the tendon though playing 5 a side while trying to manage it.

11. Prince Knut

Prince Knut GC Thread Terminator

All forms of tendonitis can do that, as you walk/run 'unnaturally' to compensate for one injury, putting additional pressure on others. I remember reading an article by Ruud Gullit on the subject - you can get over broken legs and muscle strains, but if your tendons keep inflaming in certain areas, it never really goes away at top level athletics, and this brings us back to the fact that footballers run as much as middle-distance runners nowadays - but middle distance runners don't twist, turn, jump and bash into each other. Hendo is never going to the same.

12. Zanjinho

Zanjinho Boom!
    Forum Moderator

Nah, that's different. He's had proper serious injuries.

I don't actually moan about Studge being a wuss. I just think he needs to go because he's never available and he's on £150k per week; give it to someone that'll make a difference.

No chance he'd do it but get Studge on a pay-as-you-play deal <laugh>

PS...he doesn't suit Klopp's style either. Too much running which is also risky for Studge and injuries

13. DirtyFrank

DirtyFrank Well-Known Member

Who?<laugh>

14. Zanjinho

Zanjinho Boom!
    Forum Moderator

15. LuisDiazgamechanger

Good players must be ready to learn and adapt. You can not expect others to do the donkey work for you to score. That's why Suarez is special, if he did not get the ball he always go fight for it and win it.

16. Red Hadron Collider

Red Hadron Collider The Hammerhead

****ing ludicrous.

17. Zanjinho

Zanjinho Boom!
    Forum Moderator

Is that French for "I agree" :bandit:

BobbyD likes this.
  18. moreinjuredthanowen

I lost the heart out of that set. well to be honest i threw it away when i opened it first as the guy clearly has no heart .

19. RogerisontheHunt

RogerisontheHunt Well-Known Member

Lets be honest, that's not Sturridge is it.
    Can only play his way, doesn't want to play any other way. That's why Chelsea got rid, that's why Citeh got rid, the injuries have come later.
    Think we're all aware Sturridge has a big ego and that he does what he thinks is best for him. Don't think he has much loyalty to us, I think he likes playing for us and he likes the 150k wages, but if things had turned out better for him and another bigger club had come calling he'd have pushed for an out. He obviously realises that Liverpool are the best he can do atm due to his injuries and if he were to move it'd be a downward step with lower wages (not that I think he's a money grabber, think his ego is tied in with playing for a big club)

20. LuisDiazgamechanger

My fair is that Daniel Sturridge may have to go out on loan next season as no club will willing to pay him £150000 a week
    Liverpool may have to subsidise his wages also.