1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

NOTTS FOREST

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by Red Robin, Sep 28, 2016.

1. bcfcredandwhite

bcfcredandwhite Well-Known Member

I don't think so mate: http://www.lfconline.com/head_to_head/bristol_city/vs/nottingham_forest/index.shtml
    This is why I said that they used to be our 'bogey' side.
    Funnily enough, their opinion on my JA606 thread seems to suggest that we have had the better of these fixtures.
    Until we beat them 1-0 at the City Ground in the 2011/12 season we had only beaten them ONCE in the league (1974) since 1955!!

Since that 2011/12 victory we HAVE had the better of the fixtures, but it is a recent development. The overall historical stats are terrible!

(these stats don't include the JPT though - we did beat them in that competition when we were both in L1 together)

2. johngalleyfan2

johngalleyfan2 Well-Known Member

46 POINTS IS WHAT ALL CHAMPS DIV1 DIV2 START WITH, THIS FIGURE FLUCTUATES BY 2 EVERYTIME YOU WIN A PLUS OR LOSE A MINUS !!!!!!
    sorry about the caps ... wrong key!

3. johngalleyfan2

Nottingham Forest look weary and need the international break to regain their freshness, according to head coach Philippe Montanier. we better get after them early then! or is it mind games .. pretend we are dekcuf then burst out and score!

4. Angelicnumber16

Angelicnumber16 Well-Known Member

And that's also why I put the caveat of 'recent' in my post, as I know that until very recently our record against them has been frankly awful.
    Interestingly they were also the only team that we didn't beat when we were in the old 1st Division.

But then it was the same with Middlesbrough in the league. I don't think we'd won on Teeside for something like 40 years until we won there 1-0 around 6-7 years ago. Ever since we've had a recent record against them home and away and have held them in the Cup a couple of times.

5. Angelicnumber16

Angelicnumber16 Well-Known Member

• Bristol City have won three consecutive league matches against Forest after a run of just one win in the previous 23.
    • Nottingham Forest have failed to score in each of their last three league visits to Ashton Gate (D1 L2).
    • Tammy Abraham has converted 39% of his shots (excluding blocks) this season in the Championship, finding the net on seven occasions.
    • Nicklas Bendtner scored his first goal in English football since New Year's Day 2014, by finding the net against Fulham.
    • The Robins could record three successive Championship wins for the first time since February with victory.
    • Forest have not kept a clean sheet in any of their last 14 Championship games.

bcfcredandwhite likes this.
  6. johngalleyfan2

Not able to get to the match, late back but just looked at the team sheet ..what formation is that? ..likely to be

7. johngalleyfan2

0 - 1 that's not good, now the chips are down .. we have possession they have a goal and shots on and off target .....

8. johngalleyfan2

what ever do they lace their half time cuppa with . .. I need some !!! WONDERFUL PLOY by Tammy's over excitement ...got Florest in stitch's and before they could recover nipped in for a second !!!!
    going into the break in 5th is really good ....

9. invermeremike

invermeremike Well-Known Member

Was there ever any doubt - get in there.

10. bcfcredandwhite

bcfcredandwhite Well-Known Member

11. Red Robin

Red Robin Well-Known Member

Gotta say this we are are looking good,can we start to dream,yes I think so.
    Play offs defiantly a possibility as I predicted pre season.

12. johngalleyfan2

I guess they are in defiance of those that say we have no chance :emoticon-0116-evilg

13. gdknac

gdknac Well-Known Member

Thought both sides were poor first half and Forest just about deserved their lead. Much better 2nd half and credit to LJ for changing the formation early enough. Bit more clinical finishing could have put the game to bed early but 3 more points. Think it took us to near enough Christmas to get to 20 points last year-
    Flint and Magnusson looked a solid back pair but still see this as work in progress. Lost possession far too easily first half. Fielding looks to have regained confidence and played well. Took several catches and crosses well.
    O'Neill made a huge impact for me when he came on and should be one of the first names on the team sheet in my opinion

14. RedorDead

RedorDead Well-Known Member

I agree, to me even though he only played one half he was my man of the match.

15. BrightredRickster

BrightredRickster Well-Known Member

Maybe he would be, but perhaps LJ was resting him for the big matches. We have a big squad full of midfield players who are all playing near the top of their game right now, so it wasn't imperative that he start with O'Neil. Leaving Pack out of the starting line-up after a MOM display against Leeds might have been a bad idea, so it makes sense that he would start with him, and bring O"Neil on later. LJ called it 100% correct from what I can see.
    Of course, if we'd lost 2-3 (which could have happened on another day) then everyone would have pointed the finger and said he'd ballsed it up, but then history is written by the winners

bcfcredandwhite likes this.