1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

O/T Jeremy Clarkson's sacking

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by TurkeyToon, Mar 25, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TurkeyToon

TurkeyToon Active Member

Whilst i know that hitting a work colleague is wrong, if someone clouted me at work I would definitely hit them back. Running to AandE would be the last thing on my mind. I would want retribution asap and if the protaginist was an overweight pissed up 50 something I would having a good ****ing go back at them. Not condoning what he did but its just my thought on the whole thing. Love the show, Clarksons an arse, but quite funny sometimes as well. I will probably get slaughtered for this but, WTF! Just an opinion..

2. Rafa's Championship Party

Rafa's Championship Party Well-Known Member

Thought he had left to join One Direction, with that prick leaving.

3. pauljohnhutch

pauljohnhutch Well-Known Member

iv been offered both vacancy's ,just debating which 1 to take , vacancy 1 is having a laugh and facking about with loads of cars ,vacancy 2 is having a laugh bit of a sing song and facking about with loads of girls ,what do you recon if i take number 2 though i might have to miss the end of the season

JakartaToon likes this.
  4. Geordie lass in the Fen

Geordie lass in the Fen Well-Known Member

Cannot stand the pompous prat, good riddance ! His demise is long overdue.

Talentless bore.

5. Rafa's Championship Party

Rafa's Championship Party Well-Known Member

6. ClearlyDeludedGloryHunter

ClearlyDeludedGloryHunter Well-Known Member

I fell out with Top Gear when they did that Bethlehem Christmas Special which was, for me, their shark jumping moment. Until then he produced some excellent stuff. I also liked his serious documentaries such as the excellent one on the Raid on St Naziarre.

Oh, he had talent. Alas, though he had an even bigger ego.

7. JakartaToon

JakartaToon Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Sounds like its win, win, win then.
    I would go with Option 2. Fecking about with loads of girls has no effect on global warming - unless you are very perverted.

8. General Lee Speaking

General Lee Speaking Well-Known Member

Strike him down and he will become powerful than you can possibly imagine.

Basically, within 12 months he will be making another hugely popular programme and will be followed by at least as many millions of viewers if not more. The usual channels will be in for him and other content deliverers such as Netflix may be in also. He won't be going away just because the BBC sacked him.

9. leez

leez Well-Known Member

thatcherite . prob jimmy saville lover aswell ..cant stand the bloke .. never have good ridance

Frank_Pingel_Legend likes this.
  10. Albert's Chip Shop

Albert's Chip Shop Top Grafter
    Forum Moderator

A cynical view could be that Clarkson engineered the whole thing (wasn't he the one who reported himself?) to get a lucrative deal with a rival broadcaster.
    Stranger things have happened.

Minxy likes this.

11. Warmir Pouchov

Warmir Pouchov Better than JPF

I doubt that ACS, but I do believe he will get that deal. Like him or loathe him, he has a large following. He is Top Gear. I used to love Top Gear but it has just begun to grate on me in recent years. It seems less and less about cars, more and more about them behaving like toffy school children. The best bits are undoubtedly still the car reviews but there are so few of them!

12. Alan Partridge

Clarkson only had one month left on his contract anyway, so this "sacking" rings a bit hollow. Clarkson was ready to leave the BBC to do something 'new' and doing it this way has just given him more publicicty. Over the years he had taken Top Gear to the point where it was no longer about cars, but 3 daft middle aged blokes having fun. They could probably do an episode now with no cars at all, and it wouldn't look very different. Watch this space because this is exactly what is coming next from Clarkson May and Hammond, on Sky, Netflix or another - it just won't be called "Top Gear".

That said, I do agree with the general sentiments here expressed about Mr C. A consumate bell-end. If I met him in public I'm pretty sure I'd want to punch the twat. Come to think of it, I met the "nice guy" Tiff Needell a few years ago. he was another obnoxious upper class turd completely in love with himself.

13. Delusional Full Stop

Delusional Full Stop Here to serve all your counselling needs.
    Forum Moderator

So it's Option 1 then.

<whistle>

14. Delusional Full Stop

Delusional Full Stop Here to serve all your counselling needs.
    Forum Moderator

Also, again am I missing something, but are the BBC simply not renewing his contract. If so, he isn't actually being sacked. If so, what actual punishment has he received for his actions? It wouldn't from what I have heard, I haven't bothered reading anything, that he has been dismissed summarily which I would have thought would have been an option. It would also mean that he continues to be paid until his contract runs out.

15. Freddd

Freddd Well-Known Member

I am fairly certain that he has been summarily dismissed and a report made to the police.

A conviction could make his career choices interesting - - anything that involves trips to the US would be out.

16. Joelinton's Right Foot

Joelinton's Right Foot Worth Every Penny
    Forum Moderator

If it was you or me that had assaulted a colleague then the police would get involved, so it should be no different for him. I like Top Gear, but for me it has got sillier over recent years and lost some of its appeal.

17. TheJudeanPeoplesFront

TheJudeanPeoplesFront Well-Known Member

The old top gear was boring. Jeremy Clarkson is a very talented journalist and presenter that reinvented the show into something more interesting, to a larger segment of society, than simply pandering to the boring mackintosh loving, cagoule possessing, anorak wearers of society who get together in crowded basements to discuss, in a nasal and virgin-esque voice, whether the TVR produced in 1991 really produced the 297bhp quoted on a pack of top trump cards, or whether that figure belongs to the later model created in zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz..........

However, as with every popular programme, it had to go to the next step to continue being viewed, to continue getting worldwide followers, and then the next step and the next... and the next. They've spun The Stig as a joke for about 15 billion series... I think it's a testament to the caliber of Clarkson, his fellow presenters, and the writing team that they have enjoyed such incredible longevity, that only in the last series and a half have people just said the jokes are getting thin and repetitive and silly. It was always going to end thus.

What Clarkson did, however, is a sackable offence in every single work-place on these shores, bar a boxing ring or nightclub door, and so he has rightly been let go, and at basically, an appropriate time, before people started to really develop negative views towards the legacy, which is, as I said, incredible. Not many programmes have lasted as long as Top Gear under JC, JM and RH has.

Salomon #9 likes this.
  18. Warmir Pouchov

Warmir Pouchov Better than JPF

Still a pompous cock end though :biggrin:

19. General Lee Speaking

General Lee Speaking Well-Known Member

To paraphrase James May, Clarkson is a cock, but I like watching him.

20. JakartaToon

JakartaToon Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I am sure a psychologist would find that very interesting. So General how does it make you feel that you like watching cocks?

Great article in the Jakarta newspaper today where they try and explain who this Jeremy Clarkson is and why he has been fired. Includes the paragraph: "Those Clarkson has offended over the years include environmental groups, mental health and disability charities, cyclists, truck drivers, Indians, Germans, Mexicans and Argentines" He must have been particularly hard on disabled Mexican truck-drivers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.