1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Of our current youngsters, who do we think will be able to cut it at a high level

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by miff33, Feb 6, 2011.

1. marklucky7

marklucky7 Member

if we could swing a transfer for mannone and evans and get a left back in during the summer we would have a brilliant young core 11 that would be the basis of our team for the next few years

gk-mannone
    Dr- Rosenoir
    Dc- cooper
    DC- chester
    dl- (needed)
    Mr- devitt
    Mc- evans
    Mc- cairney
    ml- stewart
    fc- fryatt
    fc- cullen

2. citycityhull

citycityhull Well-Known Member

Chester - Reads the game well, good technically, very atheletic, lots of experience for age. Will go far (may find himself at LB at a premiership club though). We stole this lad
    Stewart - Quick, good technique and ability, needs to work on judgement, at times runs at defenders when whipping a ball in could be better option. Will fit in well in a mid table premership club in future
    Cooper - Decent no nonsence defender, very composed for his age, a run of games at lower level that he is getting now will no doubt help him, could be a decent mid table Premiership CB
    Cairney - Has quality and vision but needs to work on his drive and desire. Reports of been a poor trainer are not good, if he trains hard and had say Marneys fitness levels he would be a high quality premiership midfielder
    Devitt - Decent enough, good on ball, decent delivery and good workrate, needs to strengthen up, a lot of potential
    Cullen - Natural striker, as with Cooper a run in a team will do him good, has an excellent chance to be a decent Premiership striker
    Evans - This is a hard one to predict, not seen much of him but so far so good, SAF thinks highly of him so that is good enough for me.

If we can keep hold of all these players we could easily be a decent mid table premiership team, bear in mind Fryatt, Rosenior, Simpson are all young too.

Very bright future indeed

3. citycityhull

Like the look of that team MarkLucky7

How about Chester to LB, then bring back Moyuokolo at Cb? Wouldnt cost us too much and on low wages

4. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

I don't think Atkinson will play at a higher level, I'm surprised we extended his deal, he's nowhere near as good as Devitt(apart from the fact that Devitt can't head a ball).

We've certainly got some good young players on the books now and as Mussie has pointed out, there's some talented kids coming through the youth team too, I'd maybe add Conner Townsend to that list.

5. citycityhull

OLM - Any chance you (or anyone esle for that matter) could give us a run down on the likes of Conner Townsend, Gavan Hoolan, Sonny Bradley and Danny Wilkinson? I dont live in Hull so very rarely get to see our youth/reserve team

6. mark2112

mark2112 Member

A good judge for our strickers would be against a organised Premier club's defence see how they faye against them.

Struggled against DQPR cb's height so be interesting against the likes of Stoke in fact i'm including our mid-field in to that test.

7. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

Mussie would be able to give you a better appraisal than me, I go to very few reserve/youth games, but here's some rough info:

Connor Towsend is a left back, I thought he had a particularly good first half in the game that saw us knocked out of the FA Youth Cup, he's fairly quick and likes to get forward, unfortunately he faded in the second half in that game, but there's signs of some talent.

Gavin Holohan is a very talented midfielder who I've seen several times now, if he keeps progressing as he has been, he could be the pick of the bunch.

Sonny Bradley is a big centre back, he was recently promoted to the first team and was on the bench on Saturday.

Danny Wilkinson is another centre back, but I haven't seen a great deal of him.

Danny Emerton also warrants a mention, a talented winger, I'd say he was definitely better than Atkinson and I thought he was particularly good in this years pre season games.

There was a lot of talk about Ray Ford(striker), but he seems to have gone off the boil a bit, he was largely anonymous in the FA Youth Cup game.

8. citycityhull

Cheers OLM, sounds like a bright future then

9. PLT

PLT Well-Known Member

Conor Townsend looks like a good prospect. He's left footed but plays all over the place, I caught the last few minutes of the juniors game against Scunny before the proper match on Saturday and he'd been moved to right back, and he was the best attacker even from there. He won a late penalty and could have had a second when the keeper wiped him out.

10. Dean24

Dean24 Member

None of the above lets get rid of them and get some more Man U youngsters.

11. jayc89

jayc89 Well-Known Member

We have a really good young core now mixed with some experienced heads, with the right guidance and training we should go far

12. tigercity

tigercity Well-Known Member

my nephew Harvey who plays for long riston juniors.. top winger, fast, brave and local.. sign him up City or give him a trial.. :)

13. Blaknamberblood

Blaknamberblood Well-Known Member

Chester, Stewart and Deviit for me, Cairney needs to toughen and speed up a bit, tends to dither too long on the ball, although a good passer of the ball and cracking left peg.

14. mussiesredhat

mussiesredhat Active Member

pretty much agree with OLM, but i would add that Ray Ford is still a kid and has time on his side and i hope, in Manny and Barmby, he has the right people around him. For what it is worth there's also a young lad called Joe Fox who looks like a strong attacking midfielder who looks promising and seems to have been eating his weetobix of late. Of course what none of us see on the pitch is attitude and i think this plays a major part in any kids development. By the way, does anyone know why half the reserve matches are now played at stupid-o-clock on a Tuesday afternoon?

15. cdtiger

cdtiger Active Member

mussie the time of reserves games only changed when we went into the prem, most reserves games are played in the afternoon.good to hear Joe fox is getting back to his best after injury. By the way reserves playing tonight away at Scunny

16. Imahappypsycho

Barmby looks like he might make the grade

17. westhulltiger

westhulltiger Active Member

Looks like we have a good premiership team here!!!!! Bit optimistic me thinks, but I admire your optimism ;)

18. NewarkTiger

NewarkTiger Member

Mark Cullen?? Give me a break! He'll be lucky to make it as a League 2 striker!! :emoticon-0112-wonde

19. jayc89

jayc89 Well-Known Member

Another season playing together in the Championship and I agree, they should provide the core of a decent prem team

20. Hessle Tiger

Hessle Tiger Member

What do you think to Danny Emerton Mussie? I thought he was head and shoulders above Cullen in the ressie game vs Scunny. He looked like the kid that was pushing for a place in the first team, not Cullen. I also liked the look of Dean Deagle in that game!

But I think Gavin Holohan is the one we should be looking out for! He looks a real prospect.