1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Oh Dear!

Discussion in 'Norwich City' started by royalbarclayfan, Feb 14, 2017.

1. royalbarclayfan

royalbarclayfan Well-Known Member

...this http://www.skysports.com/football/n...l-warns-newcastle-ahead-of-championship-clash sort of statement is just asking for trouble. A bit of Hughton-esque humility might have been both better and smarter, under the circumstances. It´s okay telling our players that, but outwardly I think he really should have been giving us the underdog role, even with home advantage, to try and make them feel invincible, now they´ll come with murder on their minds.

2. General Melchett

General Melchett Well-Known Member

Oh dear! More meakness and bowing to our supposed superiors the order of the day then? I cannot fathom what exactly he has said wrong? He has said we'll be a match for them, oh no, I bet they've never been so riled by an oponents manager!
    We beat them and were ahead at their place (We had more goals and were playing well, so I think the deservedly is warrented too) just the facts Ma'am, course he omited that we then lost in horrible fashion, why? Maybe he doesn't want the players and fans seeing negativity from the camp?
    Blimey, fancy saying that if we play well we can win! Newcastle will be reaching for their knuckle dusters after that sleight against them!
    He then lapses into classic Hughton with " they are a really good side", well done Alex mustn't forget to be nice about our opponenets!
    No Alex surely you didn't say we could beat anyone when on our game! What kind of fool would exhibit such confidence in his team? to big them up! What ever next?

"Without doubt, we will be a match for them," Neil said. "We beat them the last time they came here in the Premier League. We were 3-1 up at their place and deservedly so.
    Going into the game, we should have every belief that if we play well we can win. We know it is going to be tough because they are a really good side, but so are we and it is who plays well on the day. If we're on our game, we can beat anyone."

Another post that is the very definition of 'little ole Norwich' thinking. I may not think we are world beaters, or that Neil is the best manager in the world, but he is absolutely right that we can be very good on our day, produce our best and we can beat anyone in this division.

Sorry RBF but that be pure loser speak if you ask me (You weren't directly, but its on here so there it is <steam>)

Bah!

3. royalbarclayfan

royalbarclayfan Well-Known Member

Just an opinion, like yours Melchy, surely it´s worthy of the airspace, or don´t you think it is, just because it doesn´t agree with yours?

I just think we´d have a far better chance of beating them, if we made them feel invincible, rather than make ourselves feel invincible. Very similar to the tactic used by Hughton, when we went down there, which worked a treat for them. And yes, you and Neil are right in that we can beat anyone on our day, but sadly we can also lose to anyone on an off day, and I hardly think we´re at the sort of level where we should be warning anyone of anything, to be honest, but we´ll see. :)

Last edited: Feb 14, 2017
  4. woodbine

woodbine Well-Known Member

I know some people didn't like Hughton's nice approach, but I prefer that than firing up the other team personally. But guess being confident isn't a bad thing as long as you can back that up with a good performance.

royalbarclayfan and JM Fan like this.
  5. General Melchett

General Melchett Well-Known Member

I just don't see how what he said is remotely inflammatory. He didnt say we're gonna thrash them, get revenge or even beat them. Just that we could.
    Hughton for his nicety had a team that looked unable to perform on any day let alone beat the best on a good day. Truly a team in his meek and mild image.
    You think making the opposition feel invincible is a good thing!?!
    We must have some confidence now let's stoke that not stifle it with platitudes about how great are rivals are.
    I mainly like your posts RBF, even if I don't agree with some of them, this is just one I disagreed with. I wouldn't have bothered writing so much twice if it wasn't at least an interesting perspective!

Bah!

JM Fan likes this.
  6. canary-dave

canary-dave Well-Known Member

Nice save! ;)

JM Fan likes this.
  7. JM Fan

JM Fan Well-Known Member

The good thing about this Forum is that for the most part, posters can say what they like and others don't fall out about it.
    IMO, AN was right to say what he did.

8. Canary Spring

Canary Spring Well-Known Member

I was eager to click the link and see what AN said, but it was nothing, really. 'It's going to be a tough game. Either side can win.'

Click bait headline by Sky Sports.