1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Oh What A Night Pilgrims v Chairboys 30th January 2016

Discussion in 'Wycombe' started by Guywanderer, Jan 29, 2016.

1. notDistantGreen

notDistantGreen Well-Known Member

Ron

If nothing else, the very fact that we, as Argyle fans who normally confine ourselves quietly to our own board, have bothered to come here and make all this fuss should tell you something abnormal happened on Saturday.

I do need to correct you on a misapprehension you've picked up from your local radio commentary though, which you've just brought to the argument. Wycombe did not play anything approaching good football all afternoon. When you did allow the ball to be in play, hoofing it upfield out of harm's way was as close as you got. It's true that it's a mystery how PAFC, with 2 defenders (McHugh and Threlkeld) playing in holding midfield, managed to let you make so much out of that. At times, we seemed to be playing a 2-0-8 formation and that sort of ill-discipline isn't going to get us promoted.

The players on your side I'd put in a good word for were your two central midfielders: Marcus Bean being one but I can't name the other. They put in a tremendous shift especially to stem one-way traffic in the second half.

2. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Pierre and McCarthy always seem to be coming to the rescue so I suspect it was one of those.

3. Rocky blue army

Rocky blue army Well-Known Member

Looking good for col ewe.mike last seen dangling over the end of Southend pier <laugh><laugh>

4. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Another pretty sight for you Rocky
    upload_2016-2-3_22-26-12.png

5. Guywanderer

Guywanderer Well-Known Member

And so it continues both teams charged with failing to control their players and officials maybe they should charge themself with failing to provide match officials fit for purpose!

Ron likes this.
  6. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Now there is something we can totally agree on Guywanderer. I see the Ref from Saturday is doing Port Vale next. Somebody should warn them what to expect. Just imagine if it was Stevenage v Crawley of old. They would never get the game kicked off.

Ron likes this.
  7. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

8. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

Think he was quite restrained myself Ron. It is a sad state of affairs when the players get all of the blame for a problem on the pitch and the man or one of the men who caused it all has nothing to answer for. The assistants should also be looked at. People pay a lot of good money to watch games now and they expect to see one. That was not a football match on Saturday by anyone's stretch of the imagination. Will bet you any money you like that the FA will ignore it and both clubs will get done. Have to say if the boards are anything to go by the Argyle fans don't want the club to just roll over and accept this. However if this goes to judging I've no doubt they will as it's cheaper in the end because no not guilty plea ever succeeds. You have to wonder what assessment the scrutiny bloke gave the Ref for him to be doing a match in a higher league this week. Was the assessor even there and if so was he even awake.

9. mowgli1960

mowgli1960 Well-Known Member

10. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I don't how to mowgli. Do you have a link to the video?

11. mowgli1960

Sorry Ron i'm not computer savvy,taught myself everything i know which is **** all. <laugh><laugh> Maybe someone else on here can provide one.:emoticon-0148-yes:

12. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Guywanderer likes this.
  13. mowgli1960

Yep that's the one Ron.

14. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Right. If you click on that link you go to the post containing video. At the top of the screen you will see this:
    https://gasroom.org/discussion/1730/plymouth-away-viewed-from-a-different-angle
    It is called the URL. Now you copy and paste the URL into your post

All you have to do is:

1. Select the full URL and press Ctrl key and hold it down whilst pressing the C key (this copies the URL to your clipboard)

2. Then, in your post, you just press down the Ctrl key and hold it down whilst pressing the V key (this copies the URL from your clipboard. to your post, known as pasting)

To do what I did (ie hiding the link under your text) all you have to do is select your text in the post before step 2

Try it

If you want to insert a video directly into your post you just play a video (eg Youtube) and, whist playing, right click your mouse; the first option displayed is "Copy video URL". Select that and go to your post. Select the Media icon (2 to the right of the smiley icon) and where it says "Enter media url" Do the Ctrl + V to paste the media into the box and the click "Embed". The video is now in your post. You can try this with the same video

Last edited: Feb 6, 2016
    Guywanderer likes this.
  15. mowgli1960

Wycombe fined £2.500 and Plymouth £3.000 regarding the aggro betwwen the 2 sides,Plymouth got a higher fine as they have previous from home to Exeter in February last year,that's something greeny didn't mention while on his high horse about WWFC <laugh><laugh>

Ron likes this.
  16. notDistantGreen

Complete bullshit. The trouble at this game was caused by two things: Wycombe's disgraceful approach to the game and the ref for failing to stop it. If you want to think otherwise, dream on.

17. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I'm sure the FA took everything into consideration and made an unbiased decision

18. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

If your tongue was pushed any further into your cheek it would be out the other side Ron....... I assume that was the case.

I didn't mention it because it wasn't relevant to this in any shape or form. The Home team always gets a higher fine and not because they are any more guilty than the away one. How many times over the last few seasons have Wycombe been in the dock for failing to control by the way? Something that has conveniently been missed by you also I think if pots are calling kettles. I was there. I know what I witnessed and as far as I can see none of you were who have commented. We won't fall out about it but lets not try to re-write history.

19. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

<laugh> :emoticon-0159-musicGetting to know me, getting to know all about me
    Getting to know me :emoticon-0159-music ......................

mowgli1960 and sensiblegreeny like this.
  20. notDistantGreen

It's a shame we have no access to the full 90 mins of video. That would be an eye opener for those that weren't there.