1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer Rumours Oldham ?

Discussion in 'Plymouth' started by Plymborn, Mar 3, 2015.

1. Plymborn

Plymborn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

This could be classed as a transfer rumour......a lot of speculation on the other boards regarding Sheridan and the Oldham vacancy.......he has been mentioned in the press and on radio as being on the short list for the job.........having been there before and leaving with some say "bad feeling" you wonder if there is any possibility of him going back.....of course it's only 30 miles from his home in Sheffield so a no brainer regarding commuting.

This then leads of course to a list as long as your arm of out of work managers (some good names on there) who would be available.....also speculation by some of a "dream team" link up of Wotton and Sturrock.....which some are worried about as the cheap option and a possible disaster.

Your Views please.....and if he went now would it scupper any chance of promotion this year ?

2. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Dean Holden first team coach at Oldham has been put in charge of the team for the foreseeable future....he will be assisted by defender Adam Lockwood.

Obviously Oldham are not rushing to fill the vacancy....so Sheridan can knuckle down to winning a few more matches for us.

3. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I was reading some of that last night plym and I have to say it is the wrong time of the season for this for us. But, if asked if I'd miss Sheridan if he went there or anywhere else and I truely don't know. I have some doubts about the man as previously expressed but then again he has recruited a decent bunch of players. But again, if they are that decent which I think they are why are we on the fringe of the play offs and not in an automatic slot. I'm sort of 50/50 on this and can't quite make up my mind which probably means I wouldn't miss him too much.

4. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

River Allan who has just returned from Gosport Borough has now gone to Truro City on loan......nice to see....but not for long.