1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread On The Other Hand Glovers v Chairboys 08Oct16

Discussion in 'Wycombe' started by Guywanderer, Oct 7, 2016.

1. Guywanderer

Guywanderer Well-Known Member

The Chairboys are on the road for two away games and first up is a trip to Somerset to face the Glovers at Huish Park a ground where our luck changed last season when we broke our duck winning against the west country side for the first time as a football league side. The Glovers league season started brightly enough with a home win and then a draw away at the Hatters but that was followed by 5 successive loses then wining 2 in a row before returning to the loosing run for the last 2 games lets hope that run continues.
    Gaz has no new injury worries that we know of but he will more than likely return to the starting line up as last weekend with Kashket, Freeman and the Beast returning to their rolls as super subs.
    I won't be making my way to Somerset for this one but I will be keeping up to date via Twitter and Soccer Saturday and I expect the lads to gain their first away win of the season:1980_boogie_down:

Ron likes this.
  2. josewwfc

josewwfc Well-Known Member

Im hoping we can get our first away win of the season there, however theyve always been somewhat of a bogey team for us so i worry! Id like to see kashket get a go at some point but hard to justify dropping anyone from last saturdays/crewe game team

Ron likes this.
  3. colu_mike

colu_mike Active Member

G'won you Glovers, beat the deplorable wycsh!te! <applause><applause><applause>

4. mowgli1960

mowgli1960 Well-Known Member

They werent at Huish park last season jose. <cheers>

5. Cardiff-Wycombe

Cardiff-Wycombe Well-Known Member

Id take a draw today to keep the undefeated run going.

6. Guywanderer

Team news no changes from last Saturday Kashket misses out through illness

7. philhythe

philhythe Well-Known Member

Seeing as there has been no comments todays game must have been bad. Still the game at Colchester according to Sky Sports reporter was AWFUL

8. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I haven't been around but checked in to see the disappointing result. We badly need a win on the road.

9. josewwfc

josewwfc Well-Known Member

Really poor today, worst display in a month. Dont get me wrong yeovil were bad as well, and a 0-0 would have been fair if it wasnt for one half decent shot (although im inclined to blame blackman again, would be interesting to see a replay). Nothing seemed to work going forward and the subs didnt change much - we apparently had 7 shots but im hard pressed to remember any. One of the most forgettable games and away days ive ever been to and bouncing back against mansfield will be crucial

10. mowgli1960

mowgli1960 Well-Known Member

I couldn't go in the end as i had a family emergency and some things are more important than football. All got sorted but thank god i didn't have to watch what was apparently a shocking game and Wycombe performance. We haven't won away since February which is strange considering our away form over the previous 2 seasons.

11. Guywanderer

We had 65% of the possession 7 shots 1 on target they had 8 shots 1 on target I was thinking of going to Mansfield next week but gone off the idea now our way form of the previous 2 seasons has well and truly deserted us <wah>

12. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I find it strange also. It has completely scuppered any logic I may have put forward in the past as to why we play better away.

13. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Only just seen the team sheet for last Saturday's game. Looks pretty strong with a strong bench. What happened?

Is it just O'Nien missing now? Did you know that his great-uncle was politician Lim Kim San? Not a lot of people know that