1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

One Adam Johnson

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by Amin Yapusi, Mar 4, 2015.

1. Brian Storm

Brian Storm Well-Known Member

Not necessarily, it would depend on the circumstances of the case.

2. dakins lift shaft

dakins lift shaft New Member

For sure, depending on how things pan out, she might be able to "exploit" him in the future, I notice that "bleeding dry" falls into the exploitation definitions.

3. Spook

Spook Well-Known Member

Classless by the Sunderland fans (and yes, it was the majority of them). Even if he is found innocent, it doesn't alter the fact that Sunderland fans chanted in support of an accused paedophile for no other reason than him being an accused paedophile. Adam Johnson may not be a paedo, but at least we know the majority of travelling Macken fans support it.

4. Brian Storm

Wouldn't chant his name personally but no problem with people who do. They have more right to do that than the people who've condemned him have the right to make nasty assumptions, after all nobody knows anything except it's innocent until proven guilty. You a ****ing ignorant **** saying Sunderland fans support pedophilia, it's not the case and you know it.

With your attitude it would serve yourself right if someone ruins your life with accusations.

5. Fez

Fez Well-Known Member

You might have a point, but getting on your high-horse is laughable when I have listened to Mackems call Boro supporters 'Kiddy-Fiddlers' for the past twenty odd years.

6. Fez

Fez Well-Known Member

I agree with you, it is a poor show, but your usual reference to mothers/sisters/nieces, etc. is an equally poor show by you. I don't understand why you always find it necessary to bring the feminist card to the board; has it escaped your awareness that women are found guilty of sex crimes, that women often drive the sex industry and that women are involved in the grooming and involvement of minors in the sex industry?
    The contrived way in which you have commented on the posts made on here regarding Ched Evans is more than poor, it is dishonest and shameful. I don't recall anyone getting up to 'Chant' level on here in his support of being a rapist; there might of been the odd individual poster, but not as you have made it sound. The true gist of the conversations on here (true being something you should try revisiting) were centered around the process/evidence of his original trial. It does seem that, in your world, once someone is found guilty and convicted it is reprehensible to question the trial and conviction by using the country's legal process; what isn't clear is whether or not you apply that across all crime or just those against women.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2015
  7. TheCasual

TheCasual Well-Known Member

I've always thought it was innocent until proven guilty.

But it still doesn't mean we can't question the judicial system or the evidence that found Evans was found guilty.

8. DMD

DMD Eh?
    Forum Moderator

Isn't life an education?

I knew a paedophile was someone attracted to pre-pubescents, but apparently, someone attracted mid-pubescents is a hebephile.

*pushes glasses back on bridge of nose*

9. Carmine Galante.

Carmine Galante. Well-Known Member

What do you call someone who is attracted to late-pubescents?

*strokes chin and ponders*

10. Tuckin

Tuckin Well-Known Member

FACT: The term for someone who strokes their chin and ponders is the same word as the term for someone who violates the Pope sexually. Pontificate.

11. Chazz Rheinhold

Chazz Rheinhold Well-Known Member

Interesting or bullshit?
    I've just recalled a bit of info a Swansea fan gave on here whne i asked about Danny Graham. He said driniking was a problem but he also had a liking for "young" ladies. Genuinely hope its all a load of ****e.

http://www.thesecretfootballer.com/.../sad-tale-of-adam-johnson-and-sunderland-afc/

Never start an article with “I told you so”. At least that’s what “The Guardian” said to me when I first started writing “The Secret Footballer” columns for the paper.

Eighteen months ago, I wrote an article about Sunderland in which I said: “There are problems at Sunderland – big problems. They have too many players who do not have enough respect for the game. It is no secret in football circles that there is a drinking culture at Sunderland that extends right through the core of the team.”

I was hammered by Sunderland fans for that article but it’s absolutely true. To this day, I still get weekly pictures of the Sunderland players out and about on the piss. And I also get the stories that go with those pictures.

Adam Johnson, the England and Sunderland winger, was arrested on Monday on suspicion of sexual activity with a girl under 16. He was immediately suspended by his club.

I rang a friend who used to play with Johnson and the first thing he said to me, before he’d even said “hello”, was: “It was only a matter of time, wasn’t it?” He didn’t say that in relation to the accusation that Johnson had had sexual activity with an underage girl, he said it because we both know that the players at Sunderland are renowned in the game for their nocturnal activities.

Regardless of whether or not the Johnson allegation turns out be true, the frequency of the nights out on Wearside from certain Sunderland players was always going to snag one of them.

“They were out again at the weekend,” my friend said. “At the end of the night, they took birds back to ******’s house but he’d gone back first so was in the middle of it with his one. The others had to go a hotel.”

It happens most weekends, with a little hardcore group of players that are occasionally joined by other members of the squad.

But the allegation against Johnson is just that at this stage, an allegation. It is also worth pointing out that the 15-year-old girl in question was said to be boasting about their alleged “relationship” to her friends and on social media.

The defence of Johnson, 27, by the mother of his girlfriend, Stacey Flounders, has been robust. “They are still very close and are absolutely still together,” she said. “He is 100 per cent innocent and we will stand by him. He hasn’t been found guilty of anything. He is a great lad and has not done anything wrong. This is a horrible situation.”

Over the years, I have seen a lot of this sort of thing squashed in the womb, if that’s the turn of phrase I’m after. There have been accusations against players at every club that I’ve played; sometimes they’re true but very often they’re complete and utter bullshit.

There have been accusations against players at every club that I’ve played

For Johnson’s sake and everybody involved, I hope this falls into the latter category. I hope this is a girl who has made up a story up for attention; I hope that a claim reported by the media that Johnson had posed in pictures with the girl, if true, served as the starting point for her to fabricate a relationship.
    That’s what I hope. But that may not be the truth of it. However, at this stage of an ongoing police investigation, nobody really knows for sure.

On Friday, my friend called again and, this time, he picked up the conversation with the air of a man who has seen everything in football and, as a result, would not be in the least bit surprised if this allegation turned out to be true.

“Mate,” he began, “I just heard from a mate who’s spoken to his missus. Apparently, he’s retreated to a dark place, not talking to anyone. Listen, I don’t think he’s ever gonna play football again.”

I pressed him a little and asked what had been said that made him so sure, pointing out that the family were being publicly supportive. “Yeah, they were,” he said, “but that was on Monday. It’s Friday today. I asked my mate what the latest is and he just said: ‘he’s f*****’.”

The amount of negative stories that I hear coming out of Sunderland always outweighs anything coming out of almost any other Premier League club. Sometimes they make the Press, in a lot of cases they don’t. Something seems to happen to players when they move to the Stadium of Light.

In the meantime, all we can do is wait for the outcome of the Johnson investigation and the inevitability of another negative headline to come out of Sunderland AFC concerning another of their players. Unless, of course, this most unsavoury of incidents can serve as a wake-up call to the squad. I won’t hold my breath.

Not that there is any sympathy from those involved in football when these stories come along. In fact, quite the opposite, which most of the time is a bit rich to be honest. We’re not all saints, and we’re definitely a target in certain quarters, but we’re also capable of doing some bloody stupid things at times

We’re also capable of doing some bloody stupid things at times

“Mate, you know they found a loaded gun in his [Johnson's] house, don’t ya?” my friend said. “Cops took it away, though, and all his cars for forensics. Poor f***** can’t even shoot himself.” At which point, he burst out laughing.

It would appear that the “loaded gun” was, in fact, a blank firing pistol that does not require a licence to own … but still.

Welcome to the dark, dark humour of English football, where nothing, it seems, is off limits.

Read more at http://www.thesecretfootballer.com/...hnson-and-sunderland-afc/#F4VJWf346YwLLLfq.99

12. Tuckin

Tuckin Well-Known Member

That's contempt of court, surely? I'd imagine he'll get a lawyerly request/demand to take down parts of that piece, and possibly the whole thing.

13. DMD

DMD Eh?
    Forum Moderator

Can it be contempt of court if it's not yet got there?

Isn't it sub judice or libel?

14. Tuckin

Tuckin Well-Known Member

Proceedings are active from arrest, so yes, it's contempt.

Libel is another matter. He's basically libelled the whole Sunderland squad, but especially the ones who don't go out drinking and shagging.

DMD likes this.
  15. Fez

Fez Well-Known Member

<laugh> Not too many of those, allegedly. :emoticon-0103-cool:

16. Ernie Shackleton

Ernie Shackleton Well-Known Member

In what way is he libelling the ones that do go out drinking and shagging?

17. DMD

DMD Eh?
    Forum Moderator

Did Paulo Di Cannio put his name to the original article?

18. Brian Storm

Eh, I've never sang that. I've heard supporters from many teams sing some awful things, but so what? What's that got to do with **** all? People like you think people are responsible for other peoples actions. Well I'm not and you holding people to account for things like that makes you an unreasonable idiot. Am I holding you responsible for the hull fans who've called AJ a pedo? No I'm not because that would be stupid. Grow up Fez, you make yourself look a right child sometimes.

19. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

Why do you have such a massive signature?

It's ****ing annoying, filling up pages of our board for no good reason.

Funky, Funky sort itout, Funky, sort it out...

20. Brian Storm

Any better? The badge stays, nobody has ever had a problem with it.