1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Orlando City v New York City

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by steverico, Mar 5, 2017.

1. Barchullona

Barchullona Well-Known Member

Worst news is TWS are winning.

2. City Man

City Man Well-Known Member

Saving their Euros for the final.....

3. City Man

Arf!

Get in Cairney

4. Barchullona

Part-time glory hunters.

5. Barchullona

Three Yorkshire teams in play off positions. Let's hope it pans out so that Leeds get carried away about the hundreds of thousands they will be taking to Wembley and get hammered by Reading.

Burton picking up a point there makes me look forward to seeing a couple of Wednesday fans who go in my local.

6. Chazz Rheinhold

Chazz Rheinhold Well-Known Member

Putting hatred aside, monks done a brilliant job there under that nutcase

7. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

I bumped into Mooney recently, he said working for Cellino was a walk in the park compared to working for Ehab.

8. John Ex Aberdeen now E.R.

John Ex Aberdeen now E.R. Well-Known Member

Speaks volumes doesn't it.

PLT likes this.
  9. Barchullona

He has. The bastard.<laugh>

Says it all when instead of getting rid of someone Collina wants to offer a longer contract but he is unwilling to commit himsel

If Leeds do go up they don't own their own ground and it is a capacity that doesn't allow them to compete in revenues with the top clubs. It will end in disaster if they get carried away with themselves as happened previously.. Still don't want them to go up just in case it isn't an unmitigated disaster.

10. PLT

PLT Well-Known Member

I can't see that mattering. Enough 'small' clubs have succeeded in the PL ahead of supposedly bigger ones to disprove the theory that historic club size means anything these days. The only revenue that really matters is the massive one everyone gets for being in the league.

We really need Leeds to stay down and ideally get relegated again. If people are moaning about the Barca love-in, imagine what the media will be like if Leeds get back to the PL.

11. HCAFC (Airlie Tiger)

HCAFC (Airlie Tiger) Well-Known Member

Back to the OP, I'm currently in Orlando (well just passing through), you can't move for Orlando City flags, banners and merchandise in the downtown area, all the bars and shops seem to be behind them. I've not seen a single football shirt worn than an Orlando City one.

I managed to leave the bars long enough to wander to the stadium this afternoon and it's pretty smart, nothing fancy but would be great to see something like that back home.

EdmontonTiger and Newland Tiger like this.
  12. steverico

steverico Well-Known Member

The Orlando City, OWS advertise the pre match pub crawl for the singing lot, and keep advertising various bars all week when the team are away, can't ever see a PL club doing that

HCAFC (Airlie Tiger) likes this.
  13. bum_chinned_crab

bum_chinned_crab Well-Known Member

We can.

14. bum_chinned_crab

Yes it has.

15. bum_chinned_crab

Lokeren away was really quiet. As was the cup final when 2-0 up if we're honest, although that was more stunned disbelief.

16. Barchullona

Put it another way, it won't happen here. Not whilst SAGS and police say it will result in respiratory problems, conflagration, deaths in the panic to escape etc...and many fans go along with them. Look at the efforts Humberside Plod go to in order to track someone down who has let off a single flare at an away game.
    I suffer severely from COPD and the smoke from the type of flares you see all over Europe doesn't affect me in the slightest.

17. Barchullona

I will rephrase. You have never been able to drink alcohol on the terraces. In 1985 they made it an offence to be able to drink it in sight of the pitch. Don't step into that yellow painted area!

18. City Man

Trencin and Lokeren were both quiet. And why not? Mere qualifying round first legs in small grounds in front of small crowds. The ferry was great going out....better than Lokeren itself. Our ship, our fans.
    Cup Final ? Disbelief for twenty mins, then tension for 70, then resignation for another 30.

bum_chinned_crab likes this.
  19. Barchullona

I can think of a few clubs whose supporters wouldn't have been quiet for any European game no matter how small. If people can be noisy on a ferry why not at the game? Belgian fans have been noisy on the ferry and noisy at the KC for a friendly. Must have unnerved Humberside Plod as they didn't want them going through Hull so rounded them up and put them on coaches of the ferry terminal where they had to stay until the sailing. Welcome to Hull, the Gateway To Europe and which is trying to encourage foreign visitors to stay.

20. City Man

I can't think of many clubs who would have got excited about those Europa League qualifers. Somewhere between pre season friendly and Macclesfield -level League 2 grounds. We lost one and drew one, scored none, both first legs so no real drama.
    To attend FACSF and then the Final, must be half a grand. Ditto the 2 European games. Total spend = not far south of 1000GBP. That's a lot of extra money to find in May and August, and you can get time off work and find transport in high season.
    I am not the official spokesperson for travelling Hull City fans but I thought our support was decent, plenty of singing in the town square and in bars etc.
    Give me the cack handed cowards of the Humberside Police force over the baton-wielding Belgian robocops, with their water cannons trained on our fans in a forced slow march past the local toughs' pub, anyday of the week.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2017