1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Other Stuff (anything you want to share)

Discussion in 'Plymouth' started by Plymborn, Jun 19, 2016.

1. notDistantGreen

notDistantGreen Well-Known Member

We know we will have opt-outs: of the Euro, of Euro bailouts, of any European armed force. If that ceases to be the case, we will have to leave.

You forget I did l live both in the Midlands and in the South East. The former area had big Indian & Pakistani communities and the latter Italian immigrants in particular. Italian was commonly the first or only language spoken by older generations and Fiat and Alfa ruled the roads! I've also travelled a lot to Poland and know the people there to be some of the nicest and hardest working you'll find.

We don't have a Navy the size of any other two anymore and several of the Empire colonies have outstripped us. Forget Independence Day: let's live in the real world.

2. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

This Country will adopt a proportional representational election system eventually. It has been on the cards for years so we will elect our own MPs by party rather than name. My Prime Minister wasn't elected by me either. He was elected by his own party to lead the Country but not by the Country itself.

I went into town today because my Mrs had an eye appointment. We were walking past the Sun Dial and there were people there from the IN side handing out leaflets and having the odd word or two with passers by. A woman started a blazing row with one of the men there by waving her finger in his face and shouting at him from a few inches away. When challenged by my Mrs (she's like that) who pointed out her actions were a tad appalling the woman tried to claim the bloke was agressive towards her. Absolute rhubarb. I actually think she was part of the OUT side who were also in the area and had deliberately tried to start a ruck. That is one problem I have with the OUT people. Very few facts but a lot of hot air about very little,

There is no way on this Earth there will be a European Army. There is the UN for World stuff and monitoring and NATO for most of the rest that might involve Europe. It has existed for years and worked very well. NATO includes America whereas a European Army would not. Nobody will make it weaker by choice. Without migrant workers the NHS would cease to function. That is a fact whether people like it or not. A whole load of Care Homes would cease to exist because UK citizens don't much like working in them. There would not be a whole load of Hospitals built with any money allegedly saved. Thats a fact. Or roads, or railways or Airports or anything else. Notice all Boris ever says is "could" not "would". I actually don't think Boris even believes what he spouts himself. He is a career politician and is staking his future as leader on a short cut to Downing St. He would say anything to get the job if he had to. If you actually listen to him and ignore all the buffoon stuff he has very little to say at all on this. He just repeats the same thing over and over with no substance to any of it. Even when it's proved beyond any doubt that his bus was telling a porky with the £350m shipped over the Channel every week he still defends it now. The man should stick to TV appearances and leave the grown up stuff to grown ups. Just imagine a meeting between him and Donald T from across the Pond. They'd spend it swapping hair tips.

I have still to get the full answer to my "name 3 things" challenge.

3. Guywanderer

Guywanderer Well-Known Member

There is only one reason to vote out all the rest of the arguments are by-products, its the fact that the EU is an un-democratic corrupt dictatorship ok you could call that 3 if you exaggerated everything like Cameron and Osborne with their scaremongering

4. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

Nope it's still only one Guywanderer. I'm off to bed now as I have to get up early tomorrow to get to the polling station.

5. Plymborn

Plymborn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

1.....Uncontrolled immigration from the EU.....(London is becoming a foreign city with areas where english is a foreign language).

2.....Our parliament no longer controls the law making for the UK....the EU can over rule and is the highest court.

3.....Our economy is linked into the EU and trading outside of the EU is stifled by layers of red tape and tariffs.

WE WANT OUR COUNTRY BACK.......VOTE TODAY TO COME OUT...OUT...OUT...OUT...OUT...OUT...OUT...OUT.

Hope you forget to vote sensible......<whistle>..........:rolleyes:.

Guywanderer likes this.
  6. Greenarmyjoe

Greenarmyjoe Well-Known Member

Im off to vote... IN.. Plym we are better off staying as we are...

7. notDistantGreen

I do hope we never have PR Sensible. The country voted for the Conservative/Social Democrat coalition in a hung parliament and then proceeded to moan for 4 years because nothing was achieved. Well, vote for a hodge-podge of single-issue parties like the Scottish Nationalists, Greens and UKIP and that's what you get.

Like you, my opinion of Boris Johnson has sunk to nothing. A few months ago, he wasn't sure whether to stay or go but since deciding Leave was the best way to grab the limelight and the leadership of the Conservative party, he has lied consistently and dishonourably. He's shown himself to be a real clown not an intelligent man pretending to be one.

8. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

..........and the same can be said of Cameron and Osborne they have lied there way through this referendum....using a project of fear.....whichever way the vote goes I cannot see those two being viable leaders of the government after polling day.....if they lose the vote they need both to resign and if they win there is a back bench groundswell to replace them developing in the Tory party.

Guywanderer likes this.
  9. notDistantGreen

If the referendum says Remain, the Brexiteers in the Tory party will have to decide whether to serve under Nigel Farage or shut up for a generation.

10. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Maybe not.....there are 50/60 Tories who are on the verge of rebellion......they do not like the way that Cameron/Osborne have gone about this campaign.....a project of fear about how it will be the end of civilization as we know it.

Guywanderer likes this.

11. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

That's the most biased interpretation of the facts I've heard so far. Are you seriously trying to tell me the IN crowd used fear of everything and the OUT crowd are telling the truth?

The Euro Parliament decides mainly trade law of varying descriptions. This provides a level playing field across the EU. It does not decide criminal law and despite there being a European Super Court it cannot dictate. It can come to a conclusion but cannot make a sovereign state implement it's findings. If Britain chooses to ignore the ruling then that's it.

Uncontrolled immigration from the EU. At your age Plym I'm surprised you want all the nurses and other workers to go home from the NHYS. But, what about all the Brits who work in the EU and live there. Are they not immigrants to the other countries? Or is it just Johnny foreigner and our citizens ok.

There is one thing I've noticed when the cameras have been out on the street interviewing the masses. There is a generation thing where older people, yes I am one, who seem to think we are giving up our own Country to those foreign persons. This tends to be people who "remember the war". What they are forgetting is that was way back now in history. Now is not a tyranical take over. I mean Poland played Germany in the football the other day and Germany won. Was that the first time they have beaten the Polish without the help of their airforce? There is simply no way that any Country will give up it's own identity. To suggest it is rediculous and scare mongering just like the IN side have been accused of.

So sorry to disappoint but I was at the polling station this morning by 10.30am. With the aid of my grandaughters I managed to vote the right way. They told me I had to vote remain. Intelligent kids for 8 and 9 so I did as I was told. I would add that the MPs are in politics. There is always a back bench revolt in the making. Remember Maggie? She turned her back for a moment and was stabbed several times by the loyal Cabinet. What's new.

12. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

Cue Jaws music......roll on the drums........the Polls have closed.<yikes>

13. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Voted about 1820hrs when there was a gap in the heavy rain/thunder/lightening.....about a 300yard dash there and back.

Guywanderer likes this.
  14. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

You see Plym even God was telling you not to do it.....<peacedove>

15. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

But I did sensible,,,,AND THE MAJORITY OF THE COUNTRY HAVE AGREED WITH ME........52% to 48%.....over a million more votes.

Goodbye Mr Cameron your renegotiation sham the people have seen through....clearly he cannot lead the Country anymore to unravel how we leave......there will be many other EU people glad that we have put the breaks on people like Junkers and his plans for a United States of Europe.....Federalism instead of Democracy has been stopped....will others now join us in claiming their countries back from these bureaucrats who unelectedly have tried to control how we think and live.

A lot of bad losers on the telly at present....who will now be losing their lucrative jobs.

Guywanderer likes this.
  16. notDistantGreen

A disaster for the country and for Europe, which is a bastion of civilisation and decency in a hostile and barbaric world.

What price the Hickley Point power station now? What price Airbus wings continuing to be made in the UK? What price Japanese car makers making investments in the UK?

Brexiteers have no plan how to deal with the crisis their lies have created. God help us.

17. notDistantGreen

Oh and what price Scotland remaining in the UK?

And if this is a vote against the Establishment, what price YOUR pension?

Last edited: Jun 24, 2016
  18. Guywanderer

Cameron has proved he is just a EU puppet

19. Guywanderer

Now Europe needs to wake up and smell the coffee

20. Greenarmyjoe

Greenarmyjoe Well-Known Member

Shares and pensions have had a hit and i see people moaning already.. Well they are the ones who voted out?

Now we ned a referendum on benefits? But that won't happen as we are not to have a say in those situations..

The country will suffer now..