1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Other Stuff (anything you want to share)

Discussion in 'Plymouth' started by Plymborn, Jun 19, 2016.

1. Plymborn

Plymborn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Having treatment.

2. notDistantGreen

notDistantGreen Well-Known Member

Muscle injury again I think. Miller and Smith didn't go either due to injuries but Spencer and Ijaha did, so they must be nearly ready.

3. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Going back to my hard set of fixtures post I find tonights result interesting. There was me saying it was going to be hard for Argyle and that half the league had not been consistent unlike Doncaster and us. Then along come Newport and get a draw with them in a top v bottom fixture. I'm wondering if the second half of the season is going to be stranger than the first half. That has to be 2 points dropped by Doncaster.

Whilst looking up the result of that game I noticed on the beeb site that Maxine Blanchard had signed for Newport on a game by game basis. He was a free agent. I thought he had retired but see he is only 30 years old according to that story. Genuinely thought he was older and had virtually packed up when he left us.

4. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

Despite the fact that I detest Westley as a person, everytime I log into the beeb football page for league 2 there is Westley doing a rent a quote or interview. The bloke is on there at least 3 times a week with one comment or another. This time it's about Newport showing it's intent because they have drawn 4 and won one in the last 5. I suppose for Newport this season that is an achievement but I wish the bloke would shut the f*** up for once. It's bad enough having him about when you have to play his team without having to read him every week.

5. Greenarmyjoe

Greenarmyjoe Well-Known Member

Hope fully when we play them again in April, we relegate them. we should be promoted by then also.. :mad:

6. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

Trouble is I have nothing against Newport it's their Manager I don't like.

How's the house hunting going Joe? I've got 2 sheds if you need somewhere to stay for a couple of days.

7. Greenarmyjoe

Nothing found as yet. Looked at 3 so far.. one we offered full price and never got? That is life.

Looking at another on Saturday in Goodrington/broadsands .. not rushing.. will be homeless. how much are those sheds as the partner is looking for a room.. :emoticon-0136-giggl

8. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

For your partner no charge Joe. She will need a camp bed though

9. Greenarmyjoe

Some straw will do :emoticon-0108-speec we dont spare any expense. <rose>

10. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

I see that Kevin Nugent has been made full time manager at Barnet.....over the years he has stood in as caretaker manager at Swansea and Leyton O (often)....and only last year at Charlton where he has been second in charge until this appointment.

11. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

What a fantastic result Lincoln have just pulled off. Unpredictable result but predictable Joe Barton shows his penis shaped brain to the population once more. That bloke needs kicking out of football for me. Wherever he goes he is always the story for the wrong reasons. According to the Sky pundit people he was lucky not to walk more than once. Absolutely the story of the FA Cup so far though for the non leaguers.

12. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Cardiff thrashed Rotherham 5-0....Purrington gave them their second goal with a poor back pass..... and Rhys Healey Cardiff's striker went off on a stretcher with a bad injury (had been a possible Argyle target).....at least with Cardiff zooming up the table they will not be wanting Kennedy back hopefully.

13. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Derek Adams has said in the past that there are teams in Div 2 that could play in the Scottish Premiership.

With Celtic 27 pts clear of second place having only dropped 2 pts all season because of one game they drew.....winning all the others.....Adams probably wasn't joking.

It must be the weakest top league Scotland has ever had in their history.....I would say that Celtic have had a far stronger side than they have at present.....the rest of the league is weak....I doubt that any other club in Scotland is making a profit.....Rangers who are third at present have made their way back into the top league after their fall from grace....even then they took two years to get out of the Scottish 2nd tier league....I would think that they haven't the resources to buy top players anymore....in fact didn't they raid Carlisle last summer for two players

Celtic bought Scott Sinclair and he is lording it up there freely scoring goals for fun.....remember Celtic got blown out of Europe with ease....wasn't it Barcelona who thrashed them 7-0 in the Champions League......such a disappointing situation.....no Dennis Laws coming south anymore.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2017
  14. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Just seen the Purrington back pass to the goalkeeper....<doh>...<yikes>.

15. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

Sadly Scotland doesn't have any real competition in it's leagues and Celtic haven't had any since Rangers imploded. I would hate my team to be involved like that with a guarantee of winning the league before it has even started. What a bore.

16. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

Has April fool's day come early or this actually is for real?

Apparently they are looking into a betting thing during the Sutton match. A bookie was offering odds on the Sutton reserve keeper being caught on camera eating a pie during the match. Sure enough last night there were pictures of him eating a pie with 15 minutes of the game to go. This begs the question how on earth anyone thought they could get away with something like that it being so obscure as to be weird. Unless he does it all the time of course.

If it was a scam of some sort then it has to go down as one of the worst thought out scams in history.

17. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

He only started to eat it once Sutton had used their third sub.....he could be in trouble.

18. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Roly poly goalkeeper Wayne Shaw has resigned from Sutton United because of his pie eating saga during the match....with the FA investigating the situation regarding a betting situation with a Bookmaker taking bets on him doing just that.......Sutton have accepted his resignation.

19. Greenarmyjoe

He was 8-1 to eat a pie during the game.. looks like he had a few and apparently he was in the bar at half time having a pint... he knew how to enjoy it..

20. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

If I'm perfectly honest I can't see what was so terrible about all of this. No sense of humour on the part of the FA once more making mountains where there aren't any.

This has to be a send up which has now back fired. I mean how does this go? A fat bloke walks into a bookies and says what odds have you got on a sub keeper eating a pie during a match? Hmm let me see says the bookie how about 8/1? I'll take that then says the fat bloke. Shortly after a few others walk in and ask the same question. That's funny says the bookie a fat bloke was just in here asking that and I gave him 8/1. We'll stick a ton on that then says the group cheers mate. Bookie turns to assistant and says how spooky was that? I have never been asked for those odds before and then a group all come along together. Whatever next. Sitting at home watching the cup game and the bookie suddenly lets out a cry of dismay. Feck me he says to the missus there's a fat keeper eating a pie in the dugout. How lucky were that group of blokes.

And the betting police are looking into it to see if there is anything wrong with the betting paterns? Oh come on for f**k sake.