1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Other Stuff (anything you want to share)

Discussion in 'Plymouth' started by Plymborn, Jun 19, 2016.

1. Greenarmyjoe

Greenarmyjoe Well-Known Member

Lyndy, hopefully you can carry on predicting? Good luck with the new job.. you may make manager soon

2. lyndhurstgreen

lyndhurstgreen Active Member

Yes, I think that is allowed-although if I win I may have to forfeit the prize!

3. Plymborn

Plymborn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

A bit unusual.....Man City put out their first team......but Huddersfield put out their reserve team.......shouldn't that be the other way around ?

4. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

It was one result tonight that didn't flatter anyone in all honesty plym. It looked 5 - 1 in the difference in class.

I see our old friends Leyton Orient are about to face a winding up petition on the 20th March. It doesn't look very good for them from what I've read about it. Whilst I don't like their club or manager after the last encounter with them I wouldn't wish going out of business on them. Relegation out of the football league would do but not disappearing. We have all said for a while now that the Tax Man is out to get a football club. I wonder if this one is it.

5. Greenarmyjoe

The tax man is out to get us all, one way or the other.. :D

6. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

HOW THE OTHER HALF LIVE.

The Saudi Arabian leader King Salman is going on a nine day visit to Indonesia.
    He will be accompanied by an entourage of 1,500, including 25 princes,and 459 tonnes of luggage.

Mrs Plym and myself have booked 5 days in Bournemouth in July.......we will be taking a small case and a back pack.

Did you notice the difference......that's right, King Salman is going for 9 days and we're only going for 5........:rolleyes:.

7. notDistantGreen

notDistantGreen Well-Known Member

See my comment elsewhere on Orient fans Sensible. Their behaviour doesn't deserve a club, never mind that of their players.

8. notDistantGreen

So the Government is now under severe pressure from a unanimous Commons committee report stating that EU citizens living in the UK should be told they will be able to stay in the UK post Brexit. One MP on the committee supporting this position is none other than arch Brexiteer Michael Gove.

I suspect most of those voting for Brexit wanted all EU citizens evicted from their homes and herded into trains .

There are strong messages from various industry sectors pleading for the ability to continue to recruit from Europe in order to keep their businesses running. Unless the Government wants to cut its own economic throat, it will have to comply eventually even if we go through a damaging period of restrictions before it gives in.

This was all very obvious before the vote but it's going to disappoint a lot of those that were led to believe Brexit would achieve racial purity.

We are going to need another referendum or better still, a Parliament with the balls to vote this lunacy down.

9. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

This is a load of hot air......no one expects that EU citizens will be made to go home.....but until the EU give assurances that UK citizens will be allowed to stay in EU countries and given the same rights as EU citizens that stay in the UK.... then Theresa May must hold back from automatically saying yes..... until article 50 starts negotiations.....you won't see the EU giving automatic rights to UK without getting assurances.....so why weaken your own bargaining position until agreements have been agreed.

PS.......'Brexit would achieve racial purity'.......now now notDistant that is a very inflammatory thing to say....that's not worthy of you.... and cannot be linked to the mass majority of brexit voters.

10. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

I would agree that the honourable thing to do would be to give EU citizens complete assurances on their position within a post-brexit UK......would those controlling the brexit negotiations in the EU automatically do the same ?

But the problem is that those that govern the EU have an agenda to stop other 'unhappy' countries within the EU from following the brexit root and will make it difficult for that to happen.

Federalism and the eventual setting up of a United States of Europe, with control over it's own territorial boarders with it's own military Army/Navy and Air Force....which will undermine any NATO set-up.....and would be a delight to Putin to undermine any USA involvement in the defence of Europe......Eastern European countries would be very worried that their safety would be at risk......and are already worried that brexit means that the UK would maybe not be so interested in Eastern Europe and it's defence from Russia......the UK will still be fully committed to NATO.....would EU countries who have never financially pulled their weight in the financing of NATO do any better in a U.S of E....I doubt it......this would mean that the EU's military will be highly German controlled, what then would be the next step... nuclear weapons.....Germany wouldn't leave that to France would they ?

11. notDistantGreen

We have, as somebody wisely said, jumped off a 100 storey building with this. Brexiteers (who do share a lot with the far right) are trying to say "look, there we are, nothing bad has happened" but the problem is we haven't passed the 50th floor yet.

12. Greenarmyjoe

All i say as a Remainer.. it's a ****ing MESS

13. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

'Brexiteers (who do share a lot with the far right)'......please notDistant..... that is just the comment of a poor loser trying to stir up trouble.

17 million Brits with swastika's under the bed....I don't think so.

14. Greenarmyjoe

Why do they keep it under the Bed Plym? :confused::rolleyes: :police:

15. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Very good Joe.

16. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

Not phrased the way I might have put it but the gist of notdistant's comments I agree with. For many who voted out the core problem was too many Johnie foreigners living here, taking all of our jobs even if we didn't want to do them and filling up hospital beds and council houses. Oh and claiming squillllllllions of quids in benefits. The majority of them wanted them to all go home. For them to say now that it wasn't the case is an absolute bleddy lie. When it was explained that it wouldn't happen that way they didn't believe it. If, now that the cat is out of the bag, they were given another go at it I wonder how many would still vote out. That and the fact that all those millions are NOT being thrown into the NHS. Has anyone noted the cost of living rising slowly since the vote? I have. I don't think we have passed the 80th floor yet. I shudder to think how much stuff will have begun to cost by the time we get to 50. Not a sore loser at all. The facts are there for all to see without anyone shouting yah boo told you so. The trouble with the out voters is they will never accept they cocked up even when Rome has burnt and the fiddle has no strings left.

17. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

Good news even if it dows involve Sky TV. The away game at Portsmouth is on tele on Good Friday kick off 2 30pm. Another excuse to go to the pub and watch it.

18. Greenarmyjoe

You will purchase sky next season sensible, save going to the pub.. it would be cheaper.. :emoticon-0105-wink: It makes sense to have a sky pass...:emoticon-0176-smoke oh and BT sports.. :emoticon-0176-smoke

19. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

I'd rather go to the pub Joe.

20. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Joe.....it's difficult for his mates to buy the beer...in his front room......:emoticon-0102-bigsm.