1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Other Stuff (anything you want to share)

Discussion in 'Plymouth' started by Plymborn, Jun 19, 2016.

1. Plymborn

Plymborn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Well done Exeter Chiefs 23-20 over Wasps......20 years ago in the third tier of the pyramid.....isn't that were Albion are playing.....came second....but only one team promoted....team that won it had a 100% record.

.......and Celtic won the Scottish Cup in injury time 2-1 against Aberdeen.......yawn....:emoticon-0183-swear.

2. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Anyone popped along to view the Grandstand plans.....from comments that I've read.....the plans show the corners filled in as well....but that seems to be happening in phase 2 ?....but there seemed to be no one from the club to answer any questions....plans look reasonable showing phases 1 & 2....but no mention when phase 2 would be built and if that was part of the £5 million cost or is that extra money in the future....hence no starting date for it.

3. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

So it's all a bit vague then............shock horror surprise surprise........:eek:

4. lyndhurstgreen

lyndhurstgreen Active Member

Well done the Chiefs. From relatively humble beginnings they have become a real force to be reckoned with in the world of egg chasing. Perhaps we could learn a thing or two from them.........

5. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

You mean change the shape of the ball we play with?

:D

Glad to see somebody else is still alive in this region after last night's fire in the sky show. Bleddy big storm weren't it.

6. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

There must be a yoke there somewhere.

7. lyndhurstgreen

Yes it was and as a result my landline no long works. BT claim to have tested the line from remote and state there is nothing wrong with it but are happy to send an engineer out at some point in the 'next few days' and charge the best part of £150 if the fault 'is on my land'. Not impressed.

8. lyndhurstgreen

It is Stages 1 and 2, not Phases. From my understanding, Stage one is costed, funded and will happen and will include moving the changing room and tunnel into the corner between the grandstand and barn park end. Stage two (filling the corners in) might happen at some point in the future if the demand and finance is available. From the drawings all this is fairly clear. Even if stage two doesn't happen in the foreseeable future, Stage one will make a huge difference to the ground and all the staff, and will provide the opportunity to generate non match day income. I suspect that Stage 2 will only become necessary if we are close to selling out the rest of the ground on a regular basis.

9. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

My wording Lyndy...so it's stages fair enough....my dictionary shows both words meaning the same thing anyway.....pages and pages on pasoti about it.....a few ask the question when where we ever told that there was going to be two stages of development ?

It seems that stage one has been costed as part of the £5 million build.....and that stage two is not costed and will possibly only happen if more seating becomes necessary in the future....ok fair enough....but others feel cynical that including in the plans stage two (no money as yet for it) it gives people the opinion that PAFC are giving the fans a better picture than actually they are getting and stage one alone should be on the plans and not pie in the sky with a stage two which doesn't have funding or a time scale.....surprised that posters on pasoti are moaning so much....that's generally left to ATD.

10. notDistantGreen

notDistantGreen Well-Known Member

£5m was never going to do the whole thing was it, generous a donation as it is.

For me, Stage 1 does the main thing in bringing the derelict area in front of the grandstand back into use. I gather though the roof isn't extended to cover the area so the tickets will need to be cheap!

11. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Getting the Mayflower terracing in use will be a major plus....I'm sure for those of you who where at the Liverpool & Exeter games would have felt that it was a complete ground once more....I couldn't help but notice what an eyesore it looked when Mrs Plym and I came down two seasons back....how it has been allowed to be unused for so long is disappointing......the money question I assume would be the answer.

12. notDistantGreen

notDistantGreen Well-Known Member

Seats were put in on a rental to satisfy the requirements that all Championship grounds must be all-seater. Once we fell out of the Championship, the seats were removed to save money but the rules forbid areas being changed back from seated to standing. Catch 22....

13. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Blackpool...2-1...Exeter.....so Exeter win one and lose one.......if they'd won both they would of got too big headed.

14. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

It's the second year running that the team that finished 7th got promoted....I'll not remind you who it was last year.

15. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Interesting that I've heard more than once this season....that there isn't much difference between Div1 & 2 standards.....but of the four teams promoted this year two of them...Doncaster & Blackpool only spent one season in Div 2 before returning back to Div 1.

16. Greenarmyjoe

Greenarmyjoe Well-Known Member

just back from the match yesterday .. what's weekend and a great victory for the chiefs. just read there were a few storms ? been looking at the grandstand details. well it's good to get it started ..

17. Greenarmyjoe

Greenarmyjoe Well-Known Member

IMG_0751.JPG

18. lyndhurstgreen

£5million was always stated as being for the Grandstand refurb and that is what it is being used for. As usual, the club are being criticised whatever they do. We could knock the whole thing down a build a brand new one and some still wouldn't be content. Reaction from normal people who live in the real world has been very positive as it is clearly a good compromise that delivers improvements within the available budget.

19. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

Oh well nothing normal about me then............<monster>

20. lyndhurstgreen

I dont think anyone ever thought there was!