1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Other Stuff (anything you want to share)

Discussion in 'Plymouth' started by Plymborn, Jun 19, 2016.

1. hp_bedoboy

hp_bedoboy Active Member

New grandstand plans look ok but surprised it will cost about 5M just to refurbish....thought the horseshoe development cost about 12M to build new, I know a while ago but still. ..

2. Plymborn

Plymborn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Lyndy...1-0...Sensible.....:lipsrsealed:.

3. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Huddersfield win £170 million penalty shootout 4-3.....having been 3-1 down with a shot in hand.

4. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I listened to the death of this match on radio 5live. I'm not that bothered who went up but I guess if I had to choose one it would have been Huddersfield as they are the least fashionable of the two. The extra time was a complete waste of time and they should have just gone straight to the penalties. Have to say I thought Huddersfield had blown it at 3 - 1 down but hasn't football had a habit of throwing up surprises at the 11th hour this season. Well done Huddersfield and best of luck to them.

5. Greenarmyjoe

Greenarmyjoe Well-Known Member

yes watched the game in parts.. not much of a game.. the penalties were the only bit to watch.. Yes they have done well and will make a few pounds and be back down next season.. along with Brighton and Burnley..

6. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

It seems that Paul Cook will be leaving Portsmouth this week to become manager of relegated Wigan....with Portsmouth now having a sugar daddy it does seem strange.....but Cook has got a past record with Wigan so maybe that's the reason.

7. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Disappointed that.... Juventus v Real Madrid.... isn't on proper telly.

8. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

Watched an hour of it and to be honest it was ok if you want to see sad twats falling down clutching various parts of their body. It's bleddy boring despite the final score line. It's about time supporters throughout stood up and told these players and managers they do not want to see it anymore.

9. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Argyle official website has had a makeover....probably means all the football league clubs have had it done.

The old site was not too good....this one leaves me just as unimpressed.

10. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

I've just been looking at the beeb sport site and there is a bit on there about the top 10 highest paid sports people last year. It frankly makes me a bit sick to read it because it's totally obscene. Ronaldo apparently earned £72m...........yes that's £72 million. For playing football. The lowest on the list was Lewis Hamilton who came in 10th at I think £30 odd million. For driving a car.

I could not spend that sort of money in a lifetime let alone earn it in one year of my life. If you want to know what's wrong with this Planet then there is a good place to start.

11. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

You could give it to Argyle.....I'm sure that they wouldn't struggle as much as you to find what to do with it.....or you could buy Brent out for a start and bring in your favourite players.....you could play football manager....for real....:emoticon-0184-tmi:.

......or build a proper new GRANDSTAND......don't forget the dental school of course in the corner.

12. notDistantGreen

notDistantGreen Well-Known Member

Supply and demand... only one Ronaldo, only one Lewis Hamilton.

13. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

Bollox notdistant. There is only one of you and only one of me. Unless you are a twin of course.

14. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Scotland...2-2...England.....quiet boring match whimpering out 1-0 to England....then the Scots score two good free kicks right at the end.....then in injury time Harry scores an equalizer......the Scots went from jumping around as if they had won the World Cup to slight disappointment....:rolleyes:.....we had the best chances....other than two free kicks Scotland looked very ordinary

15. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

And in my opinion England looked very ordinary as well. I commented to the other half after about 15 minutes that it had all the makings of a nil nil draw. It was a crap game except for the last 10 minutes. Neither side deserved to win it so I think the 2 - 2 is fair enough. I did enjoy the silence of the last 2 minutes though. How a crowd cam be shut up in seconds.

16. notDistantGreen

notDistantGreen Well-Known Member

You can't score 285 goals in 265 La Liga games and I can't go around the Canadian GP circuit in under 1m 12 seconds Sensible.

Unique talents can earn unique salaries. The guys who I think are overpaid are investment fund managers and FTSE100 CEO's. They are very clever people but NOT uniquely talented.

Bit early for a competitive international game isn't it? Only 3 weeks after the last round of fixtures in the Premier League, which I guess the players have spent most of on the beach or the golf course.

17. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

Each to their own notdistant and they perhaps couldn't have done my job or your's. Kicking a football however well you do it or driving a car no matter how fast you do it does not make the person worth so much more than somebody else who might do an equally decent job. It's still obscene and a rediculous amount of pay.

18. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

Was a bit hacked off with TV today. Not one showing of the England U20 team who were competing for the World Cup in a final for the first time since 1966 at any level. They showed a couple of WC qualifying matches on ITV4 and a sky gash channel but not the youngsters from their own country. They showed a tennis final which didn't involve anyone remotely British also. Obviously not a big enough draw.

19. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Must admit I didn't notice it was on until the 3-1 Semi-Final win over Italy was mentioned.

Looking into it I found that the earlier matches in this tournament were covered by.....RTP1...FUBO TV...Fox Sports 1...Fox Soccer 2....whoever they are ?

Later matches including S-F & Final by Eurosport 2 UK.

There were lots of 2018 World Cup qualifiers happening over the weekend for UK TV to cover.....I assume no UK TV outlet considered that we would do so well.

Gareth Southgate said that it was a great result for English football.....and now these lads need to start getting first team football to secure their future development for our national team......bleddy hell Gareth stop day dreaming that'll never happen.....not many will mature into regular first team players in the Premiership you can guarantee that.

PS.....Germany were knock-out early on....but I bet their players will continue to develop and become international players.... rubbing our noses in it in the future.

20. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Further to the above story.....I notice on Sky Transfer News that England's U20 goalkeeping hero Freddie Woodman is saying that his future at Newcastle United is uncertain ?

Just been promoted back to the Premiership....have they got time to develop a young player.....why bother when Sky will shower them with £millions to buy an experienced player.