1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Our World Today

Discussion in 'Plymouth' started by Plymborn, Jun 25, 2017.

1. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Save the planet and feed the hamster to the cat then....

2. Plymborn

Plymborn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Tiggles the cat is to lazy to show any interest in Cookie the hamster....both females of course....:emoticon-0136-giggl.

3. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

Tiggles and Cookie?????????????? Strewth!!!

4. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

I'm just the grandad....don't blame me....:redface:.

5. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

Don't tell me you have to stand outside in the garden and call "Tiggles" at the top of your voice. Memo to plym. Let the bleddy cat starve.

My neighbour is often heard around 9pm outside calling for "Lucky". I have to have a little chuckle to myself as I know he isn't that lucky at all. I've hit him at least twice lately with a clump of earth and a quantity of water.

6. lyndhurstgreen

lyndhurstgreen Active Member

My cat is 'Maisy' acquired 17 years ago when No 2 was 3-from a 'broken home' where it had been fed take away left overs. Without being harsh, it is a vile thing that only comes anywhere near us when it wants food, but refuses to die!

7. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

Now that's a description of a bleddy cat I can live with. I have never met a cat yet that is owned by anyone. It's more a case of those that feed get pestered. You may guess I'm not a fan.

8. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Tiggles certainly doesn't get called......when I go to feed her she is generally sitting in the conservatory looking through the kitchen door as I open the front door and walk towards the kitchen......if she ain't there tough luck.....I'll fill her bowl (pellets only) and refill her water bowl and that's it.
    She used to be the younger of two cats......wait for it.....Mumbles.... the older cat moved next door after a year or so of having Tiggles around (they just didn't get on).....to the delight of the old lady who lived there.....only came in through the cat flap to the conservatory to raid the food bowl....which really upset Tiggles......but Mumbles past on to the cattery in the sky a couple of years back....(followed soon after by the old lady....no not to the cattery in the sky).
    The problem now for Tiggles is the two Siamese the other side....who are younger and quite bolshie and sit on the conservatory roof looking down at Tiggles....quite scarey actually......when the cat flap breaks....they can then come in and raid Tiggles food as well.
    Good grief have I just written all this....I don't care too much personally about cats.....just what you have to do when your offspring goes away with the grandchildren....generally get a reward of fudge etc when they come home.

9. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

1.....The body of a man who was reported missing a month ago has been found at his home, police said yesterday.
    Police Scotland confirmed the body of Arnold Mouat, 64, was discovered in his family home in Bo'ness on Saturday. He was reported missing on July 7th having been last seen by his family the previous day in his house.
    A large scale search was held in an attempt to find him, involving divers, mountain rescue and police dogs.
    Mr Mouat's death is being treated as unexplained, however the circumstances are not thought to be suspicious and a report will be sent to the procurator fiscal.

My thoughts.....very strange.....did he slip down the back of the settee and no one had noticed.

2.....The number of police stations open to the public has almost halved in seven years, according to new figures.
    Nearly 400 front counters have been shut across England and Wales, a Freedom of Information request by the Mail on Sunday found.
    Figures from 31 out of 43 forces showed a fall from 901 open counters in 2010 to 510 as of March this year... an overall decrease of around 43%.
    The Met said the number of London police stations, which it defines as operational buildings that have a front counter, had halved from 148 in 2010 to just 73 in 2017.

My thoughts....This I find totally unacceptable....BUT IT IS WORSE THAN THAT.....TRUE STORY...... My 14 yr old grandson was in a local park with one of his mates about 5pm one day recently.....nice pleasant park, mums walking their toddlers and prams....young children in the playground....swings, roundabouts etc....other grown ups sitting in the sun, walking etc......My grandson sitting on the grass with his mate relaxing after school exams etc.....when suddenly three 19/20ish lads, two black, one white come racing into the park...ALL riding on a motor bike (probably stolen)...careering all over the grass causing a bit of panic with the young mums etc......they came over to where my grandson and his mate were.....and demanded their mobiles and bags....they said no....and they were then asked if they wanted to be cut.....they got up and ran in different directions.....and as luck had it they chased my grandson on the motor bike and cornered him....so being sensible he handed over his mobile and bag....and they drove off.
    The other lad dialled 999....and after what seemed an eternity got through to the police, telling them the full story.....they were told that they had NO ONE at the moment who could come along....BUT IF THEY WANTED TO, THEY COULD POP ALONG TO THE NEAREST POLICE STATION WHICH WAS MILES AWAY IN BROMLEY AND REPORT IT.......later that evening my son-in-law took them both into Bromley Police Station and reported the incident.....the CIVILIAN behind what seemed bullet proof glass, said they were so sorry that this had happened.....AND THAT WAS THE END OF IT.

If this is down to austerity cuts...who would have apologized to my grandson if he had been cut or stabbed....maybe an hollow sorry from this Tory government....no, no too much to expect.....police hardly exist on the streets anymore and these community police warden people have all but disappeared as well....austerity cuts I assume......coppers walking the beat no longer happens...although they had their ears to the ground and new what was going on in their patch....maybe we needed (God forbid) a mother and her toddler to have been mowed down and killed in that park before action would have been taken.

PS......My grandson is fine....but a mobile, house keys etc... and of course a designer bag have had to be replaced....plus a new lock fitted to their house just in case.

3.....More than a 100 new rental obikes have been confiscated after a local authority received a "flood of complaints" about them cluttering pavements and causing obstructions.
    Wandsworth council announced that it had taken 130 obikes off the streets of south-west London and described their introduction to the capital last month as a "yellow bike plague".
    Users can pick up and leave obikes anywhere, without needing to find a docking station, leading to bikes being abandoned in busy areas.

My thoughts.....If they extended that to say Porche cars or other flashy cars....I wouldn't mind confiscating one or two just to help clean up the roads.....just want to help.

10. Greenarmyjoe

Greenarmyjoe Well-Known Member

Plym, the porsche and flashy cars are not dumped in the streets surely. If so let me know as im looking :eek:for a Porsche Boxster spyder? new of course. :oops:

11. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Pimlico Plumbers (who are big up here) probably use them instead of white vans....your all raking it in......find your own...:1980_boogie_down:

12. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

1.....A thief caught stealing from a leading lawyer's suitcase after sneaking into the Old Baily has been spared jail.
    Suraj Gandi, 25, claimed he was a barrister's pupil to trick his way into Britains highest criminal court.
    Gandi sneaked into the robing rooms on June 27th, City of London Magistrates' Court heard. He stole £20 from a suit jacket belonging to barrister Stephen Spence and then made his way to the female locker room. but the former student, who read criminology at the University of Kent. was disturbed when Di Middleton QC caught him rifling through her red suitcase.
    He was given a 12 week suspended sentence for two counts of burglary and a community order was revised.

My thoughts.....Only a slight tap across the knuckles will not change this mans thieving life style....5years inside personally....and if he isn't a UK citizen deport him for ever.
    I once was on jury service at the Old Baily....how the hell did he get in so easily.....I felt I was cross examined under burning security lights and had the dirt under my nails examined by a forensic scientist....every item in my pockets was scrutinized and went through the security screen, and I had legitimate paperwork.

2.....Councils should stop introducing pay-by-phone parking because motorists are "too busy" to speak to robots, the AA has said.
    Research by the motoring group found that cashless parking machines, which accept payment by calling or texting an automatic service, are deeply unpopular.
    Some 70% of motorists said they were more likely to keep searching for a space, rather than parking in one where using their mobile to pay was mandatory.
    Paying by phone or texting can take several minutes as drivers must call a number, select options, enter payment details, and wait for confirmation.

My thoughts.....Never use such unfriendly devices.

13. bcfcredandwhite

bcfcredandwhite Well-Known Member

Visiting from the Bristol City board after commenting on last nights game.

I hope nuclear war doesn't break out soon because I am off to China Friday and could end up in a POW camp - or worse.

14. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

They might shackle to a stake and give you a whole paddy field to plant.....foot rot would be the least of your problems.

15. Greenarmyjoe

Greenarmyjoe Well-Known Member

We dont use white van plym.. had blue but just re branding to dark grey with all new logo and signage.. I have found one.. Plym..

Hope they dont spoil there cars with signage and yes i know about that company, they are the biggest in the country .. well you have the horrible BG :emoticon-0102-bigsm

16. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

I hope nuclear war doesn't break out at all bcfcredandwhite whether you are in China or anywhere else. Lets face it though Don and Kim are only an M away from being a donki which seems quite apt with them two. Homer Simpson would make a better job of it. I just hope they keep Don away from that box with the red button in it is all. Hands up all those who thought this was a distinct possibility once the election result was in........<doh>

Last edited: Aug 9, 2017
  17. bcfcredandwhite

bcfcredandwhite Well-Known Member

What's with the bRfc ****?:embarrassed:

18. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

Whooooooooooops!!!!! You have my sincere appologies. I have slapped myself several times and washed my mouth more than once. I am in the process of sticking pins in my eyes. Any other punishment you might suggest I will attempt to oblige. Except anything that includes tongues of course................<yikes><sorry>.

I have amended the offending item.

19. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

1.....Courts should treat Asian Muslim grooming gangs behind the abuse of hundreds of white girls as racially aggravated criminals, MP's and campaigners demanded last night.
    Senior politicians and prosecutors admitted that political correctness may have stopped the gangs being properly pursued and punished after another ring of Asian, mainly Muslim, sex offenders was convicted in Newcastle upon Tyne.
    The Attorney General was facing calls to review the sentences of several members of the 18-strong Newcastle gang after it emerged the apparently racially aggravated nature of their crimes was not reflected in their punishment.
    The men mostly Pakistani and Bangladeshi origin, were convicted of plying vulnerable and underage white girls with drink and drugs before sexually abusing and raping them.
    During one of the trials the jury heard how one gang member referred to women as "white trash" who were "only good for one thing".
    Last night, Amber Rudd, the Home Secretary, said "political and cultural sensitivities" must not stand in the way of rooting out the "sickness" crime.
    She said: "Those responsible are not restricted to any single ethnic group, religion or community - it is an affront to everyone in our society and I want to be absolutely clear that political and sensitivities must never be allowed to get in the way of preventing and uncovering it." Under sentencing guidelines, crimes that include race or religion are considered more serious and the court has a duty to take it into account when sentencing.

Daily Telegraph headline on Friday 11th August 2017.....Asian sex gangs are 'racist criminals'.....article does continue.

My thoughts......if this is now seen as a racial crime....what about all the similar cases in the past being re-visited and sentencing increased.
    If those found guilty were not born in this country...can they not be banned from this country forever and those that were born in this country have their UK citizenship rescinded.

2.....Modern slavery is going on in "every large town and city" in the UK, the National Crime Agency has warned.
    It has called on the public to look for victims of trafficking and slavery by noticing visible injuries and signs that they are being controlled.
    Human trafficking is effecting tens of thousands of people, the agency said. The body is assisting on 300 live police operations, with alleged victims as young as 12 being sold to families in the UK from Europe.
    Will Kerr, NCA director of vulnerabilities, said: "The more that we look for modern slavery, the more we find evidence of the widespread abuse of the vulnerable.

My thoughts.....On this and the previous item...What has happened to this "green and pleasant land" that our fathers and grandfathers fought for not that long ago.

20. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

It wasn't "not that long ago" plym it was over 70. If you use that time scale as a guide line then you could also argue that not that long before they fought for this green and pleasant land the UK forces were out killing black people and foreigners in South Africa and there was a slave trade that this country grew rich on along with pillaging the Asian side of the planet as well. Children were abused often both sexually and with cruelty by forcing them to work. Yep the land was very green and pleasant wasn't it. It's quite amazing how tinted a view some people can have when they aren't really looking.

As for the current grooming crime well they have the opportunity to throw away the key and calling it racist doesn't make it any worse than it already is. If they can kick some or any of them out of the country after doing their time then go for it. Those born in this country have the same rights as the white ethnic abusers of which no doubt there are quite a few.