1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Pacquiao V Marquez IV

Discussion in 'Boxing' started by - jordan -, Dec 4, 2012.

1. - jordan -

- jordan - Active Member

Here we go again..

Two future hall of famers square off for a fourth time at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas Saturday night/Sunday morning.

For me, Marquez has been screwed over time and again in the previous fights.

I would probably just give the first one to Pacquiao, considering he did floor Marquez 3 times in the first round. The fact that it was a draw reflects just how well Marquez came back into the fight. The judge however who scored it even later admitted to making a mistake and scoring the first round 10-7, rather than the correct 10-6, which would have given Pacquiao a split decision.

I'd give Marquez the last 2 fights. Although surprisingly, according to compubox stats, which sometimes don't tell the whole stole, Pacquiao landed both more "strikes" and "power punches" in III. Marquez had the upper-hand in these stats in II, which shows it's be no means a fool-proof way of deciding who won.

As for Saturday, my heart says Marquez, my head says Pacquiao. Short of stopping Pacquiao, I don't think Marquez could perform any better than he did in the last fight, he seemed to execute the game plan to a T, yet it still wasn't enough. Can't see Pacquiao stopping Marquez, he's the heart of a lion, has never been stopped and can't see it happening here.

Pacquiao on points seems the most likely outcome.

COME ON JUAN!

please log in to view this image

please log in to view this image

2. QPR New York

QPR New York Active Member

Usually by the fourth fight, the boxing public is sick of the match up.
    NOT THIS ONE. Everybody wants to see it again.

Unless somebody comes out flat and gets clearly out-boxed, this duel will go down in boxing history as one of the most entertaining.

3. Rubadub

Rubadub Well-Known Member

I think Marquez won all 3 and the last shameful decision was one of the worst I have ever seen. Marquez will win this one on points I think.

4. Hugh Briss

Hugh Briss Well-Known Member

When the hell will we get to see fresh fights?

It's all very well watching these guys go at it again and there's no doubt I will watch it, but does nobody else get just a little bit bored?

<cool>

5. - jordan -

- jordan - Active Member

Not with these two.

6. - jordan -

- jordan - Active Member

7. - jordan -

- jordan - Active Member

Pacquiao - 147 lbs

Marquez - 143 lbs

Pac's come in at his heaviest ever, sign he's going for the KO? Marquez looked cut as ****, more so than Pacuiao who looked a bit soft to me, compared to what he's usually like anyway.

Pacquiao looked a bit nervous and was the first to break the stare too. Come on Juan!

8. D5thincarnation

Think Pacquiao will get the KO this time round, Marquez to push him all the way till it happens though.

9. Hugh Briss

Hugh Briss Well-Known Member

The American commentators were suggesting that Marquez had been using performance enhancing substances in his training camp - had some infamous sports drug cheat 'assisting with his physique'.

I don't recall the name. Sorry.

10. - jordan -

- jordan - Active Member

Angel Hernandez? He supplied PED's to Marion Jones among others. Got off with it though because he turned witness and ratted on some higher figures.

I heard the HBO commentators, thought it was a bit harsh considering he was facing someone who's come through 8 divisions and seems to have improved on his power without losing speed in every single one.

I ordered and watched it on PrimeTime, ****ing TV pundits didn't shut the **** up all the way through the ring walk. Only time they shut up was when Buffer took over. ****ers didn't even show the build up or the athems. <grr> Was only when I downloaded and watched the HBO version I hear the Marquez accusations. They seemed very pro Pacquiao.

11. Rubadub

They have always been pro Pacquaio or anti Mayweather on HBO. I think they believed Bob Arums bullshit about Pacquaio being the guy who was going to knock Mayweather off his perch so they got behind Pacquaio.

The proof of this for me was when Larry Merchant attacked Floyd after the Victor Ortiz fight for what he did but never mentioned the dirty headbutt Ortiz hit Floyd with.

12. D5thincarnation

Mayweather did not beat Pacquiao, Marquez did.

Floyd get no credit here.

Marquez has made him look a fool with all the ducking he has done over the last four years.

13. Rubadub

Pacquaio is vastly over rated, we all know what would happen if he fought Floyd. Easy nights work for Floyd like it was when he fought Marquez.

14. steveharris

steveharris Member

ahahaha you are really funny Rubadub I bet you don't know that Mayweather is just one of MP's fan ahaha Dream on! :p

15. steveharris

steveharris Member

After the Marquez vs. Alvarado fight, I don't think I want to hear another Pacquiao-Marquez fight. Just saying.

16. Rubadub

I told you in Dec 2012 how the fight would turn out so you cant say I did not warn you. Funny the way you disappeared after the fight though, I cant blame you, I would also be mortified if I was suckered into believing the hype around Pacroid.