1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Palace v Hull City

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by Chazz Rheinhold, May 13, 2017.

1. Chazz Rheinhold

Chazz Rheinhold Well-Known Member

No we didn't either if all the others chipped in.
    The fact we didn't attack enough, take a chance with a shot or keep turning back instead of having a go cost us.
    Playing against zonal marking may have give. Us a chance though...

2. Stevielidds1983

Stevielidds1983 Well-Known Member

No complaints there! Thing is a mixture between zonal marking and man to man works! You identify there danger players and you man mark them and then the rest zonal! That works but out and out zonal is suicide against a team with a decent aerial threat!

Howden Tigress likes this.
  3. Geo10

Geo10 Well-Known Member

Palace's big players turned up today, our big players froze last week and were in the same state today. No matter how you look at and how many times you watch it, no matter how you try to defend and find reason(s) if you don't have a shot at goal you don't win games. For that there is no excuse

4. Arnold_Lane_HCFC_

Arnold_Lane_HCFC_ Well-Known Member

Spot on.

5. Stevielidds1983

It doesn't really work like that as some strikers although they don't score loads of goals, are good enough to pull the defenders around which creates space for others to find the space which results in them chipping in with goals(think Emile Heskey). With us the reality is our strikers are a doddle to play against which in turn means our attacking midfielders and wingers have literally no space to exploit as our strikers haven't created any space! A strikers job isn't just to score goals! It's to create space to allow others to join the attack and unfortunately we did very little of that

petersaxton likes this.
  6. Brucebones

Brucebones Well-Known Member

We weren't relegated today, or even last week. It was the start with no players, sign Poor players, then stick with the poor players. Did Silva stick with poor players too? Yes! Did he have many options? No! Why? Because of how the season started!
    The nerves kicked in at the wrong time too.
    I'm relieved I won't have to watch every **** up by the referees highlighted every week as well. It's not just us that got robbed regularly.

7. Chazz Rheinhold

Wow didn't know that thanks.
    Soft twat"

8. Happy Tiger

Happy Tiger Well-Known Member

No need to be so narky Chazz, the lads trying to educate you.

I'm going to help too.

It's not the goalies job to stop the other team scoring. He's there to organise the defence so they stop the enemy scoring.

Think Marshall.

Marshall was badly let down by his defenders.

Stevielidds1983 likes this.
  9. Stevielidds1983

Bloody hell you twat! There was literally nothing malicious about my reply to you what so ever! I was just having a back and forth with you! Jesus anybody would think this was a forum where people offer there opinions! And people wonder why people don't bother when you get people like you who claim to know everything about football but are unable to take anyone else's thought onboard! What a tool you are showing yourself to be!!!

ImperialTiger likes this.
  10. Chazz Rheinhold

You said we needed a ten goal striker. I just showed you we didn't.
    Show me where I claimed to know every thing about football.
    We created nothing for a forward to score today or last week.
    Niasse didn't miss anything there was nothing to miss.

11. Stevielidds1983

I made the comment that west brom clearly didn't need a 10 goal striker as there strikers did what good strikers do and create space which allows midfielders to join in the attacking threat, I know I would take rondon over niasse any day as rondon gives defenders a head ache. Niasse and Hernandez give none at all and so many times today it looked like we literally had nothing to threaten palace with. Also west brom aren't a relegation threatened team and history suggests that teams who are need a 10 goal plus striker to avoid relegation, now that's not 100% fact but it bloody helps. Also west broms style of play is totally different to what MS tried to adopt. Pulis relies on a lot of set piece goals which naturally shares the goals around also. Also yes you never said you were a footballer expert but your snappy response to me suggested you know better then me and I'm afraid to say when it comes to a forum nobody knows better then anyone else as the point of a forum is you provide your view for a bit of a debate. I meant no offence!

12. Chazz Rheinhold

So we should have shared the goals around then. Duh

13. petersaxton

petersaxton Well-Known Member

we have to attack as a team and we don't do that often enough. In fact Bowen seemed to have more idea about what to do going forward. We had a left winger and a striker who had nobody to help them. Just giving them the ball and letting them get on with it isn't enough. When was there anybody near Niasse to help him?

14. Stevielidds1983

Oh bloody hell its like banging my head off a wall! When did I say that! I honestly can't be bothered with the petty back and forth!
    I often agree with what you say chazz and sometimes don't but that's my right and the point of the forum! Should of woulda coulda! It's all hindsight and nobody is right as nobody really knows! But I know enough about football to at least offer my opinion. Your replies which offer nothing are lazy!

DragonPhilljack likes this.
  15. Geo10

Geo10 Well-Known Member

If we were playing Madrid or barca id accept we probably won't have a period in the game when we are on the front foot and cause them a problem. However palace were in the relegation mix with us and not only didn't we have a period of dominance we didn't force their keeper into a save

Howden Tigress likes this.
  16. Chazz Rheinhold

Why like peters post when you disagree with it. Petes saying Niasse had no help, which he didn't.. You said he isn't good enough.

17. Stevielidds1983

I do agree with it! He didn't have any help, but he's also not good enough! Simple enough

18. Chazz Rheinhold

And yet when we played a more attacking style and pushed forward he scored five goals.
    Weird isn't it. Striker gets no support. ****tard thinks he's ****.
    Striker gets support and players running off himhe scores goals. Weird

19. trouserpress

trouserpress Active Member

Niasse had an absolutely thankless task today. Worked his nuts off all afternoon, was constantly being elbowed in the back by palace players, whenever he did get the ball it was with his back to goal, never got a sniff of a chance. But still he kept on giving his all so well done Omar.

petersaxton likes this.
  20. petersaxton

petersaxton Well-Known Member

he's certainly not good enough when he doesn't have any help. If he had somebody closer it may have been different - hernandez has been off form for a while now. he wasn't helped by having grosicki on the left having to cut in - if somebody like clucas had been playing on the left wing he could have got in early crosses which would have given him a chance. huddlestone, despite his passing, wasn't played because we needed more aggressive and mobile players in the centre. Silva's main mistake was sticking with zonal marking.
    I really hope that silva stays and he's given funds to retain and recruit a squads worth of players but I dont think it's going to happen