1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Paris

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by cidered abroad, Nov 14, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RedorDead

RedorDead Well-Known Member

When people do it per mile are they counting farming lands as well? And parklands etc? Feel free if you want to go and tell farmers in clusters that we want their livelihood and lands to build more houses (more cost) to allow more people into the country.

I'm waiting for this relief road round Newport to Cardiff, it's going to be completed in 15 years which is great but I'm 50. So in reality it will be completed just in time for my retirement, so I've another 15 years queuing from the Celtic Manor to junction 27. You ought to see the queues that was restricted to Friday's but is now moving more into all working days. They are queuing from the new Severn bridge ( which is 20 years old next year) and when Cardiff has events on the queues can cross and up to Almondsbury interchange.

The bit that's most gutting is I worked on the relief section 15 years ago that already could not take the extra influx of traffic.

And you want to add more people and cars onto the roads?

2. HANDY ANDY

HANDY ANDY Active Member

No what I am doing is asking you a question which you have not answered other than to say it has something to do with a Welsh traffic problem !! People are anti immigration many because of uniformed garbage put on social media and in the press. The facts are that we are a multi racial society and I suggest are the envy of much of the world.

Mind the gap! likes this.
  3. banksyisourhero

banksyisourhero Well-Known Member

And I would suggest that is bollox. the one on here who defends immigration the most has stated multiple times that young people can't get housing, well you go take a look in certain parts of Bristol and take a look around and try and figure out why there is a housing crisis. Being full is about infrastructure and hospital and housing and welfare available. (cos some of us dopey ****s are paying it!) and roads and schools, not how much room we get per square inch! (FFS)

Some of us don't need the 'media' to see what and where the problems are.

There is equally as much left wing bias (The BBC for starters) in the media as there is right wing and your arguments are as flawed as the points they contain. My opinion is there is far more left wing agenda than there is right wing because they always play the race card on the left and accuse you of being inhuman to think like that.

Well **** that, I've heard enough of that ****.

4. RedorDead

So basically because I'm stating a fact about the country being full I'm being a racist? I'm all for helping the refugees fleeing a war torn country, but unfortunately we became full of other nationals pretending to flee their countries for political reasons to obtain the benefits and health care we have in this country. I'm all for multi cultural Britain but not to the extreme where it's gone mad and we have shops saying happy holidays and not happy Christmas.
    It's a well known fact that the best trained doctors and nurses are trained in this country and other nationals flood to be trained. I don't care if they are being trained for free as long as they stay in this country and benefit the state.

But your question was people to square foot which I did answer, based on my local knowledge. And well done stating you don't care about Welsh traffic highlighted with the use of double apostrophe's.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2015
  5. johngalleyfan2

johngalleyfan2 Well-Known Member

H A you never think to give much credence to your answers.
    we are full ... yes we are, why, take a town the size of Bath, a town the size of Bath what does it need just to survive

Water .. but that equals waste ok pee in the river. 350 000 litres or about 15000 litres a hour
    food... oh that equals waste so about 700000 kgs or about 30 tonnes an hour
    before we move on we then have to think per day 700000 kgs of food is consumed and that is a mere 50 people adding just 50kgs of solid and likely 50 litres of water but still equates to 12tonne or 12500 litres liquid per annum
    water from the tap
    90000 houses
    so need roads to service them = 315 kilometres
    so need likely 1000kms of sewer pipe
    1000kms of water main
    and dredger to clean out river or a waste disposal plant or 2
    oh
    food from the supermarket so need a few
    oh
    places to work a few industrial estates
    oh a hospital or 2 and doctors surgery

and that's just for 1 years worth....

Have you been to the Benelux countries? ever wondered why we get so many Belgian or dutch number plates on our roads ...

6. HANDY ANDY

HANDY ANDY Active Member

Well I guess you have a different opinion to me. As regards housing I believe the problem is created by failing to build enough houses not because immigrants are pinching them. Incidentally, I believe in the UK the average building worker is aged over 45 so we need immigrants to build them. Asylum seekers only numbered under 30k last year. I don't believe immigrants get benefits that much better than Brits get in the EU. Similarly I don't believe our doctors or nurses are any better or any worse than many other countries. What I do see is that many other countries have worse immigrant problems than us. Immigration is always a contentious subject but I don't see that we are worse off than many other countries. As I said it is all about perception. I believe we live in a great and free country and that immigration has a overall positive effect. You may not agree.

7. banksyisourhero

Its pretty simple if Immigrants take available housing stock there are less available for others.. no immigrants, more houses?

"Incidentally, I believe in the UK the average building worker is aged over 45 so we need immigrants to build them"

You 'believe' this or its a fact? back your "I believe" up with some facts and figures. besides what difference does it make that the average age is 45 that doesn't mean we need Immigrants to build houses,(you did say 45 not 65?) where do you get this **** from??? How about some of our recently redundant steel workers are retrained that would help some of our own!

"I don't believe immigrants get benefits that much better than Brits get in the EU"

Wrong, its common knowledge that our benefits are the most generous in Europe and we have been criticised by other EU countries for just that. and you say the media is full of ****! .. check your facts.

It certainly does have some positive aspects but when the balance goes too far the other way it becomes dangerous, you like to talk about 'society' but its the bottom end of society that always suffers for all the apologists who don't have the balls to say what real people are experiencing. People would tolerate it more were it cultures who are looking to integrate, we both know thats not the case, People like Corbyn are putting my generations childrens future at stake and people are getting fed up with it.

8. RedorDead

Just out of interest, where is it that these houses are going to be built?

9. Mind the gap!

Mind the gap! Well-Known Member

Its alright I'm doing civil engineering next year so I'll sort us out with infrastructure ;)

If there wasnt so many ****ing NIMBYS then we'd have the right infrastructure.

As for media the majority of papers are right wing. And online everything is pretty much right wing part from satire pages taking the piss out of the right wing.

The racist card is perfectly acceptable to use when someone has been/ is being racist.

10. johngalleyfan2

johngalleyfan2 Well-Known Member

They are earmarking a small site from Chippenham to Swindon and down to Devizes calling the new town CHIPSWIDEV

11. HANDY ANDY

HANDY ANDY Active Member

Well gentlemen we all believe what we want to believe. My final contribution are some bullet points from the office for budget responsibility when responding to the question “Is Britain full” at a recent select committee

· Only 10% of land is urbanised

· Surrey has more land devoted to Golf Course than housing

· Migrants do hold back the pay of the unskilled but overall immigration was not economically very important to the UK

· 35% of health professionals are migrants

· People think about these things on the basis of their experience and what they read in the newspapers. Most of the things that people object to arise because there are just more people

· Bristol City will avoid relegation

That’s it .Right now I am more interested in finding a pub in BS3 which is showing the Fury fight does anybody know one?

12. banksyisourhero

And we still couldn't feed ourselves independently if we were required to do so! lets build over all our countryside eh, this green and pleasant land should have more houses and cities so we can accommodate more immigrants who won't even make any effort to integrate or even bother to learn the native language.

The Lions has the boxing on.

13. Mind the gap!

Is it them not trying to integrate or the British excluding them from society?

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

14. banksyisourhero

You figure it out..

15. banksyisourhero

Are you suggesting I am being racist?

Thats the thing about having no life experience, you can only see what you want to see.. brainwashed and clueless.

16. RedorDead

**** me has the penny finally dropped?

17. Redprintt

Redprintt Well-Known Member

'immigration has a overall positive effect. You may not agree'

Correct.
    I thank F**k I'll be kicking up daisies when you and MTG get to my age.
    As for Surrey having more Golf Courses try driving through Surrey between 7 and 10am any day.
    Or go by train, standing room only - and that's if you're lucky.
    You're in bl**dy cuckoo land.
    I apologise if you're still at school.

'Most of the things that people object to arise because there are just more people' and we can't cope.
    You've nailed it.

18. Mind the gap!

No I have never called anyone racist

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

19. banksyisourhero

Well you've just played it. bringing it in to the argument means you try to take higher moral ground.. and that has nothing to do with me wanting to protect my childrens future.

Your lot will just sit and watch it all pissed away and justify it with 'colonialism' and 'society'.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2015
  20. invermeremike

invermeremike Well-Known Member

Isn't it all about common sense and falling back on the old racism trick doesn't fool me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.