1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Paris

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by cidered abroad, Nov 14, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BCFCRob

BCFCRob Well-Known Member

• "Since 1997 three-quarters of employment created in the UK economy has been taken by immigrants"

Surely that can't be true?!

2. HANDY ANDY

HANDY ANDY Active Member

"Since 1997 three-quarters of employment created in the UK economy has been taken by immigrants (4.4)"
    The obvious question to that fact is why. I believe it is because they are largely lowered paid jobs which British workers wont do. If we as Brits don't like that I believe we should be saying to our own people "get off of your backsides" rather that criticise others who are prepared to take any job. So are we creating the problem ourselves?

3. HANDY ANDY

HANDY ANDY Active Member

Oh dear I did promise not to post any more (as it tends to get too emotive) but one of the earlier points I made was about the average age of construction workers. Here is some current informed opinion http://brickonomics.building.co.uk/2015/01/old-average-construction-worker/. I think you will find that many building sites are now staffed by Europeans.
    Are we as Brits too fussy about the jobs we are prepared to do ?

4. RedorDead

RedorDead Well-Known Member

Jeremy Corbyn

image.jpeg

Attached Files:

5. RedorDead

RedorDead Well-Known Member

Spot the difference image.jpeg

banksyisourhero likes this.
  6. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

7. johngalleyfan2

johngalleyfan2 Well-Known Member

WIZ you could have at least done a selfie with Jeremy ... .. <yikes>

8. Mind the gap!

Mind the gap! Well-Known Member

9. invermeremike

invermeremike Well-Known Member

They are still going to the wrong places for the wrong reasons and I don't think they booked it through Thomas Cook. No apologies from me for my thoughts and it's about time the government brought in the promised "law" that once you leave for troubled parts of the world you will never be allowed to return under any conditions. Until they decide to sort out their own country rather than destroy it, and any others that take their fancy or take them as refugees, they will not get any respect or sympathy from me.

How on earth can you use the premise of refugee status if you intend to hurt your port of refuge, whilst at the same time demanding that your new home bends to suit to your beliefs and culture with the chance of you actually giving something back, as a thank you, as non-existent. Perhaps the government needs to set up a new bus route that offers only one-way tickets.

10. invermeremike

invermeremike Well-Known Member

Since we're on the subject and it's time to vote for the sports personality of the year did anyone notice that at the Dubai Grand Prix (I think) there were lots of over exposed female body parts on display? Totally unacceptable particularly if you live in certain parts of the country where street patrols will chase and admonish (polite word for harass) you for that sort of thing. Up yours Louis Hamilton.

11. banksyisourhero

banksyisourhero Well-Known Member

Well done, not only did you completely miss the point you've backed it up with a picture!

12. HANDY ANDY

HANDY ANDY Active Member

Syria is no different from Iraq or the Balkans. It is full of different groups who simply cannot live with one another and wont be happy until the others are wiped out. Then along comes one group which is stronger than the rest and imposes military rule, Azad has killed more of his own people than Daesh has. Our role must be in preventing exportation of the mess to the homeland rather than sorting out what's left afterwards with the latter being a poison chalice.

banksyisourhero likes this.
  13. Mind the gap!

Mind the gap! Well-Known Member

So aid workers shouldn't be able to go to Syria and come back then?
    So everyone who has been to Turkey should stay there in case they went to Syria?

And I agree with your second paragraph. It would be wrong for someone to do all that as a refugee. Accept that refugees have lives worse than people on benefits. They are mistreated and all they want is somewhere to rebuild their lives.

Refugees aren't terroists <doh>

14. Angelicnumber16

Angelicnumber16 Well-Known Member

Refugees aren't terroists
    please log in to view this image

We'll remind you of that when there is an atrocity and we find that those responsible escaped from Syria or somewhere else under the disguise of pretending to be a refugee.

To save them walking, let them settle in Turkey.

The rest of the world can then raze Syria into dust and a lot of IS with it hopefully.

15. BCFCRob

BCFCRob Well-Known Member

Even if that does happen, does that mean refugees are terrorists? Standard stereotyping, and I dare say if you were in the situation of the refugees (trying to flee exactly the sort of **** in Paris but much more commonplace) you would be looking for the best way out too.

16. johngalleyfan2

johngalleyfan2 Well-Known Member

history IS FULL of circumstances with the same pattern it goes back to 1.000's of years in all guises.
    our islands is not exempt from this, half a millennium ago my "clan /family" ruled part of Scotland! It was an ever changing place as the Clan either went into partnership with others, or grew stronger then usurped the ones in power... ours is still called the kingdom of Fife ....
    list all those that invaded us or we have indeed invaded and what is the difference... then there were rules or sort of rules...now it is just cultish blood lust but its never the leaders who strap on the vest..bit like union reps ..go on strike and get no pay, we are OK we do...

17. HANDY ANDY

HANDY ANDY Active Member

That's true but we are now in a much smaller world and things can be on our own doorsteps in a flash. There has to be greater political dialogue to prevent disaster. And that is why I believe that a European and then a world government is the only answer. Being independent and living in isolation is not an option. We live in a world wide environment and economically cannot live without one another. This statement will I know attract an immediate reaction from some but to them I say what is your solution. Daesh is the current problem but you simply cannot eradicate an an ideology . We must simply learn somehow to live with one another

18. Angelicnumber16

Nope, but for our own national safety we should ensure they go anywhere but here. There are literally hundreds of peaceable nations where genuine refugees would be safe.

But as we know, they want to come to Western Europe for free hand outs, that you (if you work) and I pay for.

Mark my words, the Germans will live to regret allowing hundreds of thousands of these people into their country.

19. HANDY ANDY

HANDY ANDY Active Member

I always try and understand my opponents point of view. All I can say is if you had been living in the midst of a civil war for 5 years what would you?. There is a common misconception that immigrants/refugees just turn up get benefits jobs and handout. It simply isn't like that. As regards Germany they need workers simple as and that why they are taking so many
    Heaven knows what will happen when Climate Change starts putting a few countries under water

20. Angelicnumber16

Tolerance, stupid, head in the sand, liberal behaviour to a ridiculous degree and to the detriment of the vast majority of the UK public who weren't given the choice of saying no to mass and unchecked immigration has got us into this wholly avoidable cultural mess.

As for climate change, it's an easy answer. Those refugees can swim here....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.