1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Pat Roberts

Discussion in 'Celtic' started by Bhoy From Brum, May 1, 2017.

1. Bhoy From Brum

Bhoy From Brum Well-Known Member

Personally think he's suffered a bit second half of season because he isn't our player, was tremendous first half of season but apart from last couple of games Forrest has been given the nod....plus he never completes whole game which is probably Man City not wanting him risked etc.

But would you take him permanently if we could? If it literally meant spending whole summer budget on him?

I would I think, I can only see him getting better and he has that extra quality we've missed in Europe last few years to unlock defences. His value will only increase if he stays with us and plays regular football so not much of a gamble in that sense but obviously we need to look at improving other parts of the squad.

Our scouting is good and the Brendan factor will entice others like Dembele to move and we have plenty of deadwood we can and must move on which will free up funds for others.

2. The Cunnilungus Connoisseur

The Cunnilungus Connoisseur Official POTY 2011, 2014, 2015, 2018 & 2023

Diving bastard - get him to ****.

We don't need these players at our club ftq

3. EspaniaCelt

EspaniaCelt Well-Known Member

I'd be absolutely delighted if Roberts stayed with us - has made such a difference when brought on and has improved so much over the season. I love the way he never gives up, is a lot stronger and more determined than ever - but can't see any way he'll be with us after this season. By all accounts he seems determined to try to make the Man City first team and I think will certainly make it in the EPL though whether that will be with his current parent club is another matter entirely - and of course, he'll make bigger money there as well, no matter which EPL club he ends up at. I wish him well and hope that we get, at very least, an adequate replacement for him as, if not, he is going to be badly missed.

Last edited: May 2, 2017
  4. Null

Null Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Id have him either on loan or in a permanent deal ...he is a quality player.

Doubt we can afford him as in suspect city could recoup the fee the paid for him in England if the decided to sell ...

Another 18 month deal?

5. RebelBhoy

RebelBhoy Moderator
    Staff Member

I feel sorry for the wee man. He'll issue a "come get me" plea before August.

He'll miss the cup final now.

6. Mind The Duck

Mind The Duck Well-Known Member

Just say goodbye and be happy it happened

Null and EspaniaCelt like this.
  7. Hoopster67

Hoopster67 Well-Known Member