1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Paul Dummet's Tardis Pockets

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by Albert's Chip Shop, Feb 12, 2017.

1. ilovetheno45

ilovetheno45 Member

Rafa is just using whatever tools he has until next season. Dummy defends well imho he does what's asked of him and he gives his all every game. If a better all round lb was available and we signed him.I'd be happy. But i will not slate our own players when they try their best. I personally think dummy doesn't get as much praise as he deserves. A world class player he ain't, but always puts in a shift . Plus he has also had many wingers in his pocket. Sterling to name one

2. JakartaToon

JakartaToon Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Agree that a full back should be able to defend but they need to be so much more than that. Think its one of the most important positions in the team as they are an outlet for goalkeeper, central midfielders and wide midfielders. Along with central midfielder its one of the most creative positions. They need to be able to pick a pass as well as get down the line and cross. Dummett just doesn't have this. Players who were/are best at it - Ashley Cole, Leighton Baines, Daley Blind, Seamus Coleman. Dummett is clearly a centre half. If you want to use him at full back stick to away games. The number of comments on here about our build up play being too slow at home - thats what happens when you have opposition that sits back and you play natural centre backs out wide.

Captainchaos. likes this.
  3. Warmir Pouchov

Warmir Pouchov Better than JPF

I think he tried his best. That is good enough at this level. The problem will come when you step and you need more in terms of forward play and his poor distribution kills you by surrendering possession. For now he is fine but I think we all have known for a few seasons we have no quality left back at the club. I don't know about Lazaar of course as we haven't seen him.

4. Delusional Full Stop

Delusional Full Stop Here to serve all your counselling needs.
    Forum Moderator

Less waffle!

<doh>

JakartaToon likes this.
  5. Blacker-than-Knight

Funny isn't it how so many think Mitro is great and Dummy crap, Rafa can't think Dummy is that crap cause he plays him more than he does Mitro.

6. JakartaToon

Forum Moderator

Maybe its Rafa that is crap then.

Warmir Pouchov likes this.
  7. Warmir Pouchov

<laugh>

8. Freddd

Freddd Well-Known Member

Have to agree with this. It's not a player's choice how much talent god decided to give him. All he can do is make the most of what he has.

You can say that Dummet isn't good enough in the same way you could have said the same about Iron Mike. Giving them grief though is just stupid. Blame god for being stingy with talent. Blame the manager for playing him. Blame the club for signing him. Never, ever blame a player for being inherently ****e provided he puts in a shift.

9. G4rdToonArmy

G4rdToonArmy Well-Known Member

Think both Dummy and Mitro are given a raw deal, is it coincidence that they are either local or support the club?

Think some fans still expect every local lad to be of Shearers quality which is ridiculous when you consider he was probably the best English striker a generation will see. There will be times when they don't play to their potential, slip up or have an off game but they still deserve the support of the fans.

What type of play would you prefer Tiote, Cabaye, Sissoko demanding moves or Mitro or Dummett who give 100% every game regardless of the situation?

Edit* Jack Colback doesn't count as he played for the scum... :emoticon-0140-rofl:

10. Warmir Pouchov

Don't lump Dummett in with Mitro ability wise, that is grossly unfair on Mitro you heathen. Dummett tries and I respect that. However if we want to get better (which I assume we do) then we need better. There is a big difference between saying someone is not good enough and going to the ground to barrack him. Personally I always support when I'm there. As for what would I want? Give me Cabaye for a short period over someone of Dummetts ability every time. Provided the money you get from that move of the better player is re-invested. Again to improve.

I think the issue some are having is they think ability and commitment are exclusive of each other. You should look to get both.

G4rdToonArmy likes this.

11. G4rdToonArmy

Haha I was grouping them in terms of work ethic and application, last season you could see Sissoko giving up game by game until the last few where it was desperate times and lets face it he was playing for a move e.g. TV games and against the big clubs. Mitro and Dummy give you 100% vs Chelsea or Chesterfield. Personally for me I'd pick either of them over mercenaries like Sissoko, Remy, anyone in China etc but that's just me (probably JUST me).

Leicester have shown what you can do with a team of average players who give it their all, know their limitations, a good manager/system that suits their players and have a bit of luck along the way. For all City and Chelsea's millions they will never have a fairy tale like that. Think all Newcastle fans (and many others) would take a one off league win like that now-a-days with players who have some passion for the club and not just there to pick up a pay cheque.

12. Albert's Chip Shop

Albert's Chip Shop Top Grafter
    Forum Moderator

13. G4rdToonArmy

14. Sheikh_of_Araby

Sheikh_of_Araby Well-Known Member

I have been impressed with him of late. Usually a critic of his but can't fault his performances or commitment. Gonna show my pro Mitro bias again. A guy I work with reckons Mitro is dogshit because he hasn't scored as many goals as Harry Kane, Michael Owen or Romalu Lukaku to name a few. Also thinks that anyone who rates Mitro knows nothing about football.

15. Somebodys pinched my sombrero

Somebodys pinched my sombrero Well-Known Member

Tbh I thought the game changed when Murphy came on on Tuesday. I think he deserves a chance on Saturday.

I'm still buzzing off the Brighton game. Never say die.

Our bus goes at 10.00 for the half five kick off. Pushing it a bit. Hope we don't get caught in traffic.

JakartaToon and Sheikh_of_Araby like this.
  16. Sheikh_of_Araby

You'll get there for 2.30pm tops. Sarcastic I know.

17. JakartaToon

Forum Moderator

What are you doing? Stopping at every pub on the way? Its only 118miles.

18. Sheikh_of_Araby

Every 15 miles

JakartaToon likes this.
  19. JakartaToon

Forum Moderator

Somb - have checked out the cultural delights of Huddersfield.
    https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Attra...ties-Huddersfield_West_Yorkshire_England.html
    You should be able to tick off many of these. Dont forget you have an extra 15mins cf the Match Day Thread. Reckon you could probably fit #12 in then.

20. Somebodys pinched my sombrero

Somebodys pinched my sombrero Well-Known Member

Cheers. Yeah, we're planning on visiting the farm shop, a museum, and maybe one of the parks.

I hope it's not raining, we might have to stay in the pub.

JakartaToon likes this.