1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Paying Homage To Sir Bobby

Discussion in 'Ipswich Town' started by johnnywarksmoustache, Apr 12, 2017.

1. San Diego

San Diego Sir Mediator
    Forum Moderator

Where the **** did 5 minutes come from?

2. Castro Sito

Castro Sito Well-Known Member

Wow! 3-1! Amazing stuff

3. Southcoastoldgaffer

Southcoastoldgaffer Well-Known Member

Sir Bobby, that was a cracker for you! We still love you!

San Diego and Castro Sito like this.
  4. San Diego

San Diego Sir Mediator
    Forum Moderator

YYYYEEEEESSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. Castro Sito

Sir Bobby smiling down on us

6. Castro Sito

What an atmosphere, sounds more like St James' Park

7. San Diego

San Diego Sir Mediator
    Forum Moderator

I am ****in' ecstatic with that result.

See what can happen when we're not worrying about relegation, that's how we play when we are higher in the table and not looking over our shoulder.

Great game of football today, we made Newcastle look very ordinary.

whitestallionblue73 likes this.
  8. canary-dave

canary-dave Well-Known Member

Well done lads, good to see a decent result for the SBR Memorial match! <ok>

9. Spanish

Spanish Well-Known Member

Much better but boy were they ****! Saying that, we were much better snd csused them probs

San Diego likes this.
  10. Southcoastoldgaffer

Well, well, the pundits will all be asking where the fcuk did that come from? 40 plus games before a stunning performance and back to back wins! Everyman a winner.

Essentially, it comes down to 1. Right team selection 2. Playing on front foot, not going all defensive. 3. Wondrrful crowd in full voice 4.....oh and goals!! 4. Massive boost in confidence

Next Q. Will ME pull his cheque book out for at least one of our must-haves, like Lawrence?! Sure it will cost but we need a player of his calibre to go into next season.

Delighted and happy townies, bet the homeward fans are ecstatic. Hey, they got their money's worth on

SIR BOBBY's DAY. A day to remember and wish I was there........Warky, my son, give us both barrels on your return!

11. Roystonblue

Roystonblue Well-Known Member

Great result. Just waiting for the smug sh** to come out and say how wonderful he is and we should stick with him

12. Southcoastoldgaffer

I never know how they work it out. Should be more full proof. 5 mins of genuine stoppages, injuries etc? No way.

13. San Diego

San Diego Sir Mediator
    Forum Moderator

30 seconds per substitution is the normal allocation, that's why players walk slowly sometimes.

Southcoastoldgaffer likes this.
  14. fieldmarshall

fieldmarshall Well-Known Member

Great result, great performance, great attitude from the fans, almost like the old days with a sore throat to go with it. We've waited a bloody long time for this but I'm still delighted.

15. itfcptc

itfcptc Well-Known Member

First game I've watched us for a while and for what it's worth here are my thoughts:

We were pretty good at both ends today but midfield for me was pretty non-existent. We clearly have some quality but we don't have the right players (or maybe the right tactics) to keep hold of the ball, we seem to play 100 miles an hour and we were either breaking on Newcastle or trying to get the ball back, there's no in between, some of our players especially our CMs need to step up to the plate and try to dominate the game and dictate play. Some of our more skillful players also seem to be burdened by the responsibility of attacking and try too much. We need more up tempo passing and movement less running with the ball at 100 miles an hour and trying to thread the ball through the eye of a needle.

Bart - 6 - Didn't have a lot to do for a change. Liked seeing him throw the ball out to the defence

Spence - 6 - Pretty solid performance, got a bit caught out for the goal. But it's so much better having a proper RB, although I am a little disappointed this has come as the expense of Emmanuel

Chambers - 7 - So much better as a CB. I can't understand why the club hasn't sorted his contract out yet

Berra - 7 - Most solid performance i've seen from Berra in a while

Kenlock - 7 - I'm sure will be learning all the time, makes the odd mistake but has a lot of potential and is far better than Knudson

Ward - 7 - Busy all match, not sure we've seen the best of him. Mick seems to have him as a box to box player atm but I think his best postion would be as a tricky winger

Huws - 7 - When on the ball he was very good and showed his quality however needs to get on the ball a lot more and dictate play.

Skuse - 5 - He still really gets on my nerves, I can't help think our midfield would be far better on the ball without him in it. I saw a few of our players lose the ball today and I couldn't help think if Skuse actually did the job of a midfielder rather than a sweeper the player who lost the ball would've had someone to pass the ball too. The sooner Skuse is sold or coached by someone who values possession of the ball the better. I can't believe how he gets away with it week after week, when we're in possession he may as well stand off the pitch.

Lawrence - 7 - Good running and is definitely a danger

McGoldrick - 7 - Neat and tidy and clearly a very talented player getting back to his best. His movement was a lot better today and he seems to be linking up better with Sears. Still needs to be more of a team player and take up more danger positions in the box though

Sears - 9 - MOM - Top performance today, we're starting to see the Sears of 18 months ago now. His movement is brilliant, it opens up spaces for others and offers more options for players on the ball. Keep him playing up top please with a target man next season!!

Last edited: Apr 17, 2017
  16. Bigalreigned

Bigalreigned Well-Known Member

Great performance ,best for over a year, and shows the potential with this group of players (without one or two of Mick's favourites).I'd even grudgingly admit Skuse put in a good shift,but it doesn't make up for the dross we've had to suffer for most of the Season.

PS Just seen your post itfcptc,agree with you totally about Skuse' shortcomings but take it from me,that's about as good as he is capable of!

17. WEIGHTY CRIMSON PLUM

WEIGHTY CRIMSON PLUM Well-Known Member

Good result.....probably down to them feeling the pressure and bottling it a little and us having nothing to play for.

18. Bigalreigned

Bigalreigned Well-Known Member

I had to laugh Weighty,they had a real look of the Kevin Keegans about them!

WEIGHTY CRIMSON PLUM likes this.
  19. Spanish

Spanish Well-Known Member

Mick abused the fans again, when will this arrogant twat learn?

20. ilovedelia

ilovedelia Well-Known Member

Well done yesterday, you did Sir Bobby Robson proud. He was a truly great man and there hasn't been the like of him since and probably never will be!