1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

PDC World Championship 2015. Who will win?

Discussion in 'Darts' started by [email protected], Dec 17, 2014.

1. robertmorrell74@hotmail.com

So the PDC World Championship starts tomorrow night, so who do you think will prevail on New Years Day? I have a gut feeling that the Power isn't finished yet and will win it again. Thoughts?

2. Rubber Johnny

Rubber Johnny Well-Known Member

James Wade.

3. Heed

Heed well known cheat

Van Gerwen to retain the title...

4. Heed

Heed well known cheat

Chizzy blown out the water by van de Pas

5. Hash.

Hash. pure daycent

some games today ...

Anderson 104 avg
    Barney with the comeback and Lewis' 9 darter
    Taylor coming through against Huybrechts
    Bunting ending Smiths comeback antics.

Head says MVG vs Taylor final

Heart wants Bunting to win it and become the only player to be BDO and PDC World Champion at the same time.

<ok>

6. AndyI

AndyI Well-Known Member

You should off had a wee bet on that!

Taylor's not had a ton+ finish all tourny but RVB always crumbles against him lately.
    Ando's playing well but I reckon MVG will have too much for him tonight.

7. Hash.

Hash. pure daycent

I was tempted but got 5/1 on a 170 finish in MvG vs Thornton game. The sweat was on but Mighty Mike made me a few bob with his last 3 darts <cheers>

I cant see Barney beating Taylor but he seems to have a belief this year and Taylor is a tad ropey. Should be a good night of tungsten arrows tonight <ok>

8. SaveTheHumans

SaveTheHumans Well-Known Member

Bookies could pay out on MVG already lads, Anderson will crumble and start smiling to himself and shaking his head as will Barney vs Taylor, Taylor will be blown away by MVG in the final 7-6!

9. Fabulous Fabio

Fabulous Fabio Well-Known Member

Had money on Taylor, Lewis and Wade from the start. The Lewis and Wade money was lost pretty quickly and can't say I'm very confident of collecting on Taylor.

For me obviously MVG is the one to fear but he's shown he can go to sleep in games, 3-0 up against Thornton and playing brilliant but slacks off and allows Thornton back in the game. He went on to win but if he allows Anderson or Taylor this sort of chance they could punish him.

predictions for tonight - MVG 6-4 Anderson and Taylor 6-2 Barney. Would like to see Anderson beat MVG but I think he'd need a fair bit of luck and to make sure he hits those doubles!

10. SaveTheHumans

I've had a tenner on two 6-3 win's for MVG and Taylor. Roughly 30/1, all I need to do now is pray.

11. Fabulous Fabio

This is brilliant from Anderson so far, he's loving that D20 tonight, don't think he's missed it yet? 2-1 and all sets have went against throw so far.

Come on Anderson!!

12. Fabulous Fabio

Anderson wins quite easily in the end, played brilliant. He always scores but that's probably the best I've seen him finish, hitting doubles is a weakness of his but he was lethal on tops tonight.

If Taylor wins tonight then I hope Anderson doesn't play that well in the final!!

13. robertmorrell74@hotmail.com

Anderson was fab last night and punished MVG when he made mistakes. Taylor was off in patches but Barney faltered after hauling himself back into the game. Of course Phil Taylor then ruthlessly punished Barney when he hit a poor score. For the final, if Gary Anderson plays like he did last night he has a chance but he has to cash in when Taylor has a poor spell. Also he has to hit his doubles. If both play well then it will be a competitive final - I would say the score would be in the range 7-4 to 7-6. However if Phil Taylor hits his very best but Gary Anderson has an average below 100 it will be another thrashing ie 7-0 to 7-3. Thoughts?

14. Fabulous Fabio

I can't see Anderson being as good as he was last night, especially on his doubles. He may have peaked too soon. Taylor doesn't do anything too flashy anymore but one thing he is is consistent. Guaranteed that Taylor's average will be around 100-102, he may have some off sets and that's when Anderson has to punish him. Anderson beat Taylor a few times already last year but the World Championship final is something totally different, best of 13 is a very long game and Taylor knows how to last the distance better than anyone. Just fancy Taylor here, think his consistency could see off Anderson, who will get nervous and start missing doubles again.

7-3 Taylor.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2015
  15. SaveTheHumans

Yeah pretty spot on assessment FF, Anderson will throw the towel in once Taylor breaks him or when he misses 2 at a double and Taylor takes out 97 or something, I hope he doesn't as I'd like to see a good close game with Anderson winning.

16. King Shergar

King Shergar Well-Known Member

Even as an Englishman I was routing for Anderson tonight, as he deserves to win a world title. He's a great player to watch, with his fast pace , and lots of 180s.

I did think his temperament was going to go towards the end, and it did look that way with a few counting mistakes creeping in. However he pulled off some great shots in the final set and beat a few demons.

Anderson has always had the scoring power to live with anyone, but his doubling and ability to finish games off have always been brought into question, but he seems to have overcome that problem now.

This world title should install great confidence into Gary Anderson's game, as he now knows he can finish games off under pressure. It's a frightening thought for all of his rivals, as everyone has always known his scoring power is as good as anyone.

Will be interesting to see how he goes this year as a world champion :biggrin:

17. moreinjuredthanowen

he was trhowing double and triple doubles..... i think honestly the level of doubling he did won't be sustained. amazing final.

great winner, really nice to see but i don't think he's going to dominate... another lewis imo