1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Phelan Out

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by Chazz Rheinhold, Aug 27, 2016.

1. The Omega Man

The Omega Man Well-Known Member

The situation is that we cannot get past go with what we have, so we are unlikely to even be looking elsewhere.

I thought that MP was the right solution, but I have my reservations and one of them is that I do not think we had the right starting eleven yesterday.

The vitriol that posters get for daring to post outside of the consensus does not inspire debate.

Although I would like to see Mike stay and become the Head Coach, I would not mind if a dynamic figurehead came in. We need to get rid of the siege mentality and start attacking teams. What have we got to lose against clubs like Chelsea. GO for them and spread the play throughout the park.

Right that's my arm chair bit done.

2. ZenArcade

ZenArcade Active Member

We need to keep Phelan at the club. A positive influence from where I'm standing. However, the OP raises some(not all) points that have an element of truth in them. It's just the Trump like delivery that detracts

zobbit likes this.
  3. tigers 2008

tigers 2008 Well-Known Member

Yes, much better never manage to concede nine goals in two consecutive games under Steve Bruce.

4. Fez

Fez Well-Known Member

****ing hell, Chazz!!! What a two-faced **** you've turned out to be. <laugh>

5. charon-the-ferryman

charon-the-ferryman Well-Known Member

Steve Bruce had Rosenior, Figeroa, Brady, Robertson, Chester, Dawson, Davies, Maguire, Macca, Elmo and even Junior to pick from at the back - all Phelan has is Elmo, Davies, Maguire and Robertson with Jake being shoehorned in - what do you expect with the injuries and the total lack of investment - I'd rather have Phelan over Bruce any day of the week - we've just lost to two of the best teams in Europe ffs - too many poodles on here

PLT likes this.
  6. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

I'd rather be humiliated by Arsenal and Liverpool, than Rotherham and Preston.

7. Fez

Fez Well-Known Member

I'm not over the moon he is our manager and said so; I wasn't over impressed with him and Bruce as a partnership. Let's not lose sight of the real problem - the owners, who Chazz has defended for years.

Phelan is doing a difficult job in a difficult league and the dogs abuse he is getting from Chazz is stupid. But, then again, the dogs abuse Chazz gives anyone who disagrees with him is just a token of his internet pomp.

Chazz isn't angry, he's just being the **** he has always been, it just that some are only now realusing it. <doh>

Newland Tiger, PLT and Bengals Tiger like this.
  8. Fez

Fez Well-Known Member

I agree with everything you say, TOM, but despite being mocked for saying it elsewhere, we are not strong in depth and I believe Phelan wants the new guys to be fully fit and ready to unleash them on more winnable games.

I think you know I fully advocate an attacking mindset, but sometimes you need to really test your defence and playing this run of games offered a very early opportunity to do that. Going down to ten men stifled anything else.

9. tigers 2008

As much as I like Livermore I am not sure he should be 'shoehorned' in once a designated CB is available. If people are happy to concede so many goals to the better teams, fair enough.

10. Kempton

Kempton Well-Known Member

Why would people be happy to concede so many goals against to the better teams?

Is there one single poster on here who'd be happy with that?

What a stupid thing to say.

PLT likes this.

11. originallambrettaman

Staff Member

Obviously nobody is happy conceding a lot of goals and Livermore isn't being shoehorned, he's been excellent at centre back.

PLT and ZenArcade like this.
  12. ZenArcade

ZenArcade Active Member

That's his best position right there imho and he has been excellent. Our midfield does not have enough flare and pace with him there imho

13. Quill

Quill Bastard

Amazing how quickly Chazz has gone from one of the more likable users on here to one of biggest bellends.

14. tigers 2008

'Shoehorned was not my choice of word, it was merely a quote. I agree Livermore has filled in really well, but when we have a fit Maguire chafing at the bit perhaps he should start. I would like to add that I would like Phelan to be given a contract, perhaps initially to the end of the season thus easing the situation regarding potential owners and their possible preferences.

15. merchantman5

merchantman5 Well-Known Member

We have just played two team that are valued at upwards of 10 times the cost of our lot. We where seriously unlucky against Man U. Are you for real.<doh>

PLT likes this.
  16. originallambrettaman

Staff Member

Thanks to Elmo's stupidity, Livermore may be shoehorned in at right back against Chelsea.

17. merchantman5

merchantman5 Well-Known Member

Plus the guy wants to know who is employer is. What would be the point of signing a contract only for it to be revoked by a new owner. If the takeover had been completed he would of signed now. I don't think money is the obstacle.

18. Ernie Shackleton

Ernie Shackleton Well-Known Member

Barely a full team, never mind a full squad and we show a team spirit which has everyone raving; he wins Manager of The Month; our players get into teams of the week all over Europe and we beat the Premier League champions.

Phelen in.

We've looked clueless in the last two games, (Clucus excepted, obvs), not picking up the opposition's runs, panicking in defence, unable to work the ball into the other team's final third, creating very little and relying on good goalkeeper performances to keep the scores just this side of humiliating.

Phelen Out.

It's now time to try a new approach. Be more ambitious. Integrate some of the new players more effectively. Find a way of linking up the midfield to an attacking force which works together with moves that complement each other, rather than playing into the hands of our opponent's back five.

Phelan shake it all about.

19. The B&S Fanclub

The B&S Fanclub Well-Known Member

I'm not even going to attempt to read five pages..But this has to be a piss-take...Get a grip FFS

Last edited: Sep 25, 2016
    Diego and Kempton like this.
  20. balkan tiger

balkan tiger Well-Known Member

If he is waiting to see who the new owners are he is in for a long wait. If he has a deal with the Allams that he is happy with he may as well sign it, IF a new owner was to revoke it then he will get due compensation. Why do you think that if the takeover had been done he would of signed by now? maybe the new owners don't want him or vice versa, unless you are in the know.