1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Phelan Out

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by Chazz Rheinhold, Aug 27, 2016.

1. merchantman5

merchantman5 Well-Known Member

Are you deaf dumb and blind or just dumb. He intimated as much in his press conference before the Liverpool game<doh><nahnah>

2. balkan tiger

balkan tiger Well-Known Member

I didn't see or hear which of the three prospective owners he said he would work for or not. It all a load of bollocks, the take over talks have been going on for two years so far and it's not going to be sorted any time soon. The Allams are in charge, if they don't sign him up soon he'll walk out the door then we're in the ****. I think i have posted something like this before.

3. Chazz Rheinhold

Chazz Rheinhold Well-Known Member

Couldnt agree more Tom.
    Its good to read CI actually as there are quite a few on there saying the same as me.
    Strangely enough Olm isnt trying to belittle them and close down the debate.

4. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

I'm not closing anything down, everyone is entitled to their opinion. As for CI, nobody's used language like '****, bald, Lancastrian ****' on there and I'll debate sensibly with anyone who does likewise.

5. DMD

DMD Eh?
    Forum Moderator

It happens on too many discussions on here. All it does is cause people with alternative views to go elsewhere, and leave people with a false impression of fans feelings, and often pushing an inaccurate/incomplete version of events.

6. GEvans76

GEvans76 Well-Known Member

Tactical changes need to be made this week or it will be another hammering.

Real ale tiger likes this.
  7. Fez

Fez Well-Known Member

He's made quite an effort, to be fair.

8. Fez

Fez Well-Known Member

I caught a bit of Sunday Politics earlier and John Prescott was talking about the Labour in-fighting when he said some were mistaking abusing for arguing; I think that's been a problem on here for a very long time and I don't see it changing anytime soon when posters don't read the posts of others properly or deny that matters beyond their own narrow experience is possible.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2016
    Newland Tiger, spesupersydera and DMD like this.
  9. John Ex Aberdeen now E.R.

John Ex Aberdeen now E.R. Well-Known Member

I don't think under SB we went down to 10 men in the first half in consecutive games.

PLT likes this.
  10. tigercity

tigercity Well-Known Member

1. Liverpool were fantastic
    2. City were below par
    3. We were down to 10 men after 1-0
    4. Phelan possibly made 3 selection errors
    5. We've lost at Anfield before by 5-1, a young Liam Cooper was at CB, this time a young 'arry Maguire was at CB

result = heavy defeat

in the words of the famous philosopher Stevie G, "We move on"

Real ale tiger likes this.

11. Ullofaman

Ullofaman Well-Known Member

If PB, NP, or SB had been in charge where we shipped 9 goals in two games & looked like we were on the back foot from the get go, would we be calling for their heads? Yes, is probably the answer. We also had to defend for 90 minutes against ManU & we had a very lucky smash & grab against bottom of the league Stoke early in the week. All is not well.

12. tigercity

tigercity Well-Known Member

You have to ask, whose stupid idea was it to get promoted to the PL? It's no fun

13. City Man

City Man Well-Known Member

Too many posters can't hold a discussion so resort to swearing or personal abuse.

****s.

renegadetiger and DMD like this.
  14. King Curtis

King Curtis Well-Known Member

We'd be calling for their heads if it had happened against Sunderland and Burnley. As it was against Liverpool and Arsenal, who look like they could tear anyone apart at the moment, most of us would be willing to reserve judgement on any manager. As for Stoke, beggars can't be choosers in our position and a win is a win, plus making largely wholesale changes will have disrupted team fluency. All hasn't been well since the summer and people will do well to remember that when it comes to the manager, there isn't much choice anyway due to muppet boy likely putting off potential candidates. If we're having the same discussion regarding Phelan by mid-November, I could fully understand people's grievances with him. As it is, we've picked up more points so far than we thought possible at the end of July and it's frustrating to see despondency grow so quickly after 2 heavy defeats against 2 of the best sides in the league. I'm not calling out Phelan as someone to rival Pep, but do think given our circumstances he deserves us to stand by him at the moment.

15. Kempton

Kempton Well-Known Member

You've never been guilty of the same? You're amazing <applause>

16. charon-the-ferryman

charon-the-ferryman Well-Known Member

So Liverpool score 4 against the present Premier League Champions, 4 against the present Premier League Runners Up and 5 against newly promoted Hull City who finished well in 4th position in the Championship who failed to invest in the team until the last few hours of the transfer window, have two long term injuries to two key members of the defence and the poodles want Mike Phelan sacked because he isn't good enough - pathetic!

17. Amin Yapusi

Amin Yapusi Well-Known Member

I think people are generally just unhappy that we've side stepped from Stevebruce to Stevebruce the second.

18. PLT

PLT Well-Known Member

Yes, it is.

We've been beaten by Man U (just), Liverpool and Arsenal and you're going on about us sitting back. Give your head a shake.

Shal we talk about Burnley away and that kind of game? Under Bruce that'd be a 1-0 defeat every time. Once they score that's it. 0 shots on target against a **** side and 1 error costs us the game, and of course it's all Davies' fault or whoever for only being 99% perfect. Phelan has the worst prepared side in the league, in fact one of the worst prepared PL sides ever, yet we still go away to teams like Burnley, outplay them and even score after going a goal down; unheard of under Bruce.

19. PLT

PLT Well-Known Member

When was this?

20. Newland Tiger

Newland Tiger Well-Known Member

Most people don't have a problem with different opinions , it depends how you express them though

King Curtis likes this.