1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Phil Green

Discussion in 'Everton' started by Tobes, Oct 18, 2016.

1. Tobes

Tobes Warden
    Forum Moderator

i see that the MP for Chester and season ticket holding Blue - Chris Matheson, told a Commons select committee yesterday that old Phil was a shadow director of EFC during the Kenwright era.

An issue much discussed in years gone by and argued for and against on the old 606 and then JA.

It'll be interesting if he repeats the claims outside of the commons, as inside he's covered by Parliamentary privilege - let's see if the phrase "come out here and say that" is used by old Phil (which is where it originates from btw) or whether he keeps silent and thus proves the old sceptics right.

2. Peej

Peej Fabio Borini Lover

Should be a cash trail if he is involved. It's all guess work and hearsay

3. Tobes

Tobes Warden
    Forum Moderator

Have you read the transcript of what Matheson said?

The Echo ran with it, and as yet, there's been no denial

Big Phil coming under scrutiny himself over BHS and his tidying up his affairs....appears to have spookily co-incided with us finding a new owner, purely coincidental I'm sure.

4. Peej

Peej Fabio Borini Lover

I'm away in Paris at the moment 'grafting' so have only browsed via mobile. The guys at BU would love this news, it changes nothing but would allow them to moan. He is no longer involved, if he was involved at all?

5. Tobes

Tobes Warden
    Forum Moderator

I don't read their stuff, but I'd imagine they're gloating and you're right it alters nothing now, but certainly might explain a few things from our recent past in fairness

6. Peej

Peej Fabio Borini Lover

F
    It goes either one of two ways, he helped suck cash out of the club and all including Woods and BK and Grantchaster should be ashamed. Or he helped stop the club going belly up?

I would say it is possibly a mix of both.