1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Pikey's in Town

Discussion in 'Charlton' started by brb, Apr 16, 2017.

1. SuperChrissyisfantasticPardswasatrocious

Was talking to Waggott about your stadium before Christmas. The ambition is certainly there! Not sure why it's being met with so much opposition, you'd think the local businesses would love the idea of having a huge stadium and that (potential) level of foot fall.

I was going to attend today but have to much to do work wise for tomorrow. For the game I see a score draw - most likely 1-1. Sounds like it will be a good atmosphere, from the away end at least. Have a good one @brb

2. brb

brb CR250

I'm one of the supporters in opposition of a new stadium, I just feel Scally's dreams do not mirror my reality.

We are barely half full in our current ground, the decline in traditional passion in football and constant regulations have destroyed the days where I turned up for a visit by Everton and 17k were crammed in the place.

Now we barely half fill our place and even in the Championship only West Ham came any where near it.

I feel Scally who I don't dislike will saddle us with a big white elephant. I'm happy supporting a club that exists, even if it means future National League football, rather than one that will be destroyed by plastics and glory hunters.

If you would like to read more on my thoughts, see a thread currently on our board called Ebbsfleet.

3. SuperChrissyisfantasticPardswasatrocious

Personally think it's clever that they've looked at resurgence in these cinema/restaurant/shopping parks that are popping up everywhere and exploring that route as a means to attract new fans/gain more foot fall.

It's an unknown commodity as to whether a football stadium fits that kind of consumer profile, but clubs do need to find alternative ways to attract new fans. That said, I think going for anything over 25,000 isn't so much a risk than overestimating the dream.

4. brb

brb CR250

Slightly bigger story to it mate. Scally I believed, could be wrong, got scuppered by Medway Council, once they let Asda build on their current new site, none of this was in the dream. Scally I believe gave a five year timescale, that timing I again believe is up and has not been delivered on.

Yes, the land is earmarked and barring any planning hold ups is ready to go, but before he starts where has the 10 million debt disappeared to! Personal opinion and I state opinion not fact, the banks wrote it off in the last financial collapse, most Gills would disagree with my view.

But one thing more or less every Gills fan overlooks is a certain person was reported in the media around five or more years ago, as having no money, when faced in court by a certain Watford person.

So not only did someone personally have no money to finance something owed, but 10 mill mysteriously later disappears. I've seen the accounts and something does not add up bearing in mind football regulations about benefactors.

As I say none of the above is proven facts just genuine unanswered concerns in my brain.

Then compare that to the Ebbsfleet dream, I know which club I would trust financially.

5. SuperChrissyisfantasticPardswasatrocious

Can't say I know anything more than what Steve and Scally are proposing publicly, but surely there will be copious amounts of financial tests he will have to overcome before this project commences?

If he were to go in to bed with fellow corporations (food chains, supermarket etc) then I imagine they too would carry out some form of due diligence?

You'll know hell of a lot more than me about this, just trying to further understand <ok>

6. brb

brb CR250

Just to be clear I don't disbelieve Scally can and will do this. BUT are we selling our souls to do it, too many unknowns for me and past history of those unknowns and unexplained publicly financial situations make me reserved on what to trust and believe <ok>

Plus I was looking forward to National League football <laugh>

7. deleted.....

deleted..... Well-Known Member

It's quite a short thread is it? <whistle>

Ken Shabby likes this.
  8. brb

brb CR250

No <laugh> I'm really impressed with their season, and I've seen their new build, looks pretty decent for a National League South side, far better than some league grounds I've visited.

9. brb

brb CR250

10. brb

brb CR250

Right I'm out of here lads, got a train to catch to where I meeting a few friends for a piss up :)

11. User deleted as requested

User deleted as requested Well-Known Member

On a Bank Holiday Monday we should expect 15,000 for this fixture.

There won't be 10,000 there today.

12. User deleted as requested

Definitely a lot busier here today.

13. User deleted as requested

The Tinkerman strikes again.

4-3-3

Two wingers as full backs

Botaka, Magennis & Holmes up front

Solly not in the 18

Muldoon on the bench for Gills

14. SuperChrissyisfantasticPardswasatrocious

15. Ken Shabby

Ken Shabby Well-Known Member

Didn't we grab a fairly lucky point there?

16. SuperChrissyisfantasticPardswasatrocious

17. SuperChrissyisfantasticPardswasatrocious

18. User deleted as requested

H/T 2-0

Gills possibly the worst team in this league on that first half showing. They have resorted to naughties off the ball and diving. 3 yellows already and a red for them won't be a surprise. Well taken goals for us by Pearce and Holmes (identical free kick to Sheff Utd)

19. User deleted as requested

What a prize tit ....

IMG_1061.PNG

20. User deleted as requested

Just for the record, Gillingham were the worst team I have seen at the Valley this season. Powderpuff in attack and awful at the back. I can see them going down if Swindon manage to beat us.