1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Pitch Invasion

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by wizered, Apr 22, 2015.

1. LARED

LARED Member

Never ever been to the \Mem except when Goochie did a raffle draw for me

2. gdknac

gdknac Well-Known Member

went to watch the egg chasers a couple of times years ago, and once to a retirement bash in their bar- Never to football

3. Cliftonville

Cliftonville Well-Known Member

And the CPS would look at context, and intent of the legislation which is why 1000 fans are not in court after the Coventry game.

4. LARED

LARED Member

I agree. But when undertaking any action there must be reason behind that action. So I pose the question why would anyone want to invade the pitch? The facts are that the club has certain legal obligations and have asked in the interests of that legislation and H and S that people obey the law. It seems to me that it is inbred in the whole psyche of football supporters to do whatever they want. In rugby for instance there is never the level of extremism and hence you are allowed to drink in ground where supporters genuinely seem to get along with one another in the mutual appreciation of the game. I think in the olden days there was often the need for a pitched battle with the opposition. Now I suspect it is more of an expression of joy but that of course does not make it right. Still each to his own

5. banksyisourhero

banksyisourhero Well-Known Member

The reasons behind that action have been carefully explained in the numerous other posts!

Erica Roe once invaded the pitch at a Rugby match, it brought joy (to most.)

I don't know why you bother with football, it seems to make you very unhappy.

6. LARED

LARED Member

Regrettably Banksy you cannot resist having a pop can you? Unfortunately it makes absolutely no difference to me. I was merely commenting on the reasons why our club has made the request not to invade the pitch. If Hillsborough taught us nothing it did serve to demonstrate what can go wrong if things are not planned or administered properly. I have a lot of sympathy with stewards stepping to one side with 50 people coming straight at them but many an inquiry has blamed poor stewarding for pitch invasions. But imagine some poor sod getting injured on the pitch who is he going to sue because he will as we live in a blame culture.. Is it the club's fault, the stewards or tough titty? You will do whatever you want all I am doing is trying to put forward the "voice of reason". Incidentally I am extremely happy having made £20k last month on the stock exchange tip I posted on another thread. I trust you bought some.

7. LARED

LARED Member

8. banksyisourhero

Now theres an ironic statement if ever I read one...

Everything you stated was previously stated by other posters, you have added nothing but to inform us that you are the 'voice of reason' <laugh>

Thanks for that.

9. LARED

LARED Member

Aaagh gratitude at last. How refreshing. I notice from a previous thread about the Rovers fans invading our pitch that you recognised on the Rovers fans the police were after. Tell me did you ever "grass him up". Now that must have been a dilemma i.e. a Rovers fan carrying out a "traditional act" until it went wrong. Still I digress I have made my point re the invasion of pitches so we move on. Happy days

10. banksyisourhero

You are definitely Redeye aren't you? (tell the truth now, it will make you feel better!)

'Grassing up' is not my style Lared (with certain exceptions ) I leave the police to do there own work!

You must have gone a long way back in my posts to find that, have you become a little obsessed with me?

Did you recognise any of your fellow supporters from that photo and 'grass them up' I can see it being more your style?

11. LARED

LARED Member

12. banksyisourhero

In your frustration you've copied your own post in to the quote.

Shame it was hilariously funny <laugh><laugh><laugh>

13. BCFCDOTCOMDUDE

FA need to get a grip, too much time on ones hands comes to mind....
    Excellent under foot playing surface I must say.........
    #werebristolcitywejustwontheleague

14. LARED

LARED Member

To err is human, by the way the possessive is THEIR

15. banksyisourhero

Good one..<laugh> there, there. (or is it their their?) who cares..

Cant stop now, going out for 7.5 pints of Thatchers, maybe a curry and find a few Sags for a punch up..

Thats how I roll...

Just can't get that full gallon down anymore! if you were wondering..

16. LARED

LARED Member

Cant down 8 pints . Your turning into a boring old fart. Still they do say that cider addles the brain. Newcastle Brown man myself .

17. Cliftonville

Cliftonville Well-Known Member

You answered your own question.

The mens rea needed to establish guilt would not apply.

18. banksyisourhero

Really? had you down as a a babycham type of guy.

19. LARED

LARED Member

But aren't there three levels which cover intention, recklessness and negligence ?

20. LARED

LARED Member

Just goes to prove how off the mark you are. Although the "genuine champagne perry" has a certain ring. I did go out with a girl once who wanted a brandy and Babycham. It came to 10bob so it didn't last long