1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Play-Off Chat.

Discussion in 'Plymouth' started by Plymborn, May 4, 2015.

1. Plymborn

Plymborn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Been confirmed today that Gethin Jones will be available for the play-off games.

He will join our other loanees.....Bobby Reid,Zak Ansah and Tareiq Holmes-Dennis in our squad.

Olly Lee has returned to his parent club.

2. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Hope Mellor plays and Jones doesn't. No contest for me.

3. notDistantGreen

notDistantGreen Well-Known Member

No contest for me either. Stick with what works (sometimes)

Super Luke

Nelson
    McHugh
    Hartley

O'Connor
    Norburn or Cox (for me ahead of Blizzard)
    Mellor
    AHD (biggest worry in my book)

Reid B

Reid R
    Alessandra

I have my tickets....

Interesting question: we'd have settled for the play-offs back in August 2014 I suspect but not on Christmas Eve when we were going great guns. Thoughts?

4. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

The play offs were a minimum so that's why I think people were mentioning it most. However, once the kick off takes place and the prospects look a bit more than that then opinion soon changes and expectation soon rises. Whether it's a realistic expectation is another matter. The fact that we were beginning to buzz and the team were playing as they were then I don't think automatic promotion was out of the question. Actually it seemed most likely out of the choices. To have dropped away as badly as we did was very very disappointing and now I feel this squad have underperformed even though they have reached the place in the league we might have accepted as a job done at the start. There are other clubs who have underperformed far worse than us of course but I'm not bothered about them. The bottom line to this is whether we get to Wembley first and foremost and then if we do to come away as a winner once again. If that did happen then all of the rest of the disappointment will disappear and the "we won at Wembley" euphoria will overtake it. If we fail to get to Wembley then stand by for the moans and groans in buckets. The same might be the case if we failed at Wembley but on a slightly greater scale due to the bigger disappointment. Due to the fact we looked like automatic contenders I will be more than disappointed myself if we don't do the business and would find it unacceptable.

5. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Didn't help when needing to renew the loanees contracts....that certainly caused concern, looked a bit amateur to be honest.

The loss of Drew Talbot was a significant disappointment.

Plus the Andy Kellett saga....how could he choose Man U over us....no taste at all.

We could have got automatic promotion.

Last edited: May 5, 2015
  6. Greenarmyjoe

Greenarmyjoe Well-Known Member

Well we need to be confident, i think the team are up for it now after Saturday's result it has to be do able.. Do we start with the same team that went to Shrewsbury or change it ... i have had an offer of a place to go from one of our supplier's but feel circumstances at home may not allow that to happen.. just may be able to tho...

7. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Go for it Joe.....it's only a few hours......we might even win.....<yikes>.....:rolleyes:.

8. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Jamie Richards has returned from a three month loan spell at Dartford....so is available........unfortunately Dartford were relgated from the Conference.

9. Greenarmyjoe

I may will do Plym

10. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

I know what takes priority Joe but if you can go then do it.

I don't think the loanee thing looked that bad plym. Recall is always a danger and pretty much goes with the teritory when you have to get the begging bowl out. In some ways you could argue it was due to the class of the loanees that the parent clubs took them back when a vacancy occurred for them. A lot of loanees would not get near the pitch at parent clubs and they are only too glad to offload some wages as well as get their people some experience.

My missus told me I got on tele standing in the queue for my tickets yesterday. I bleddy missed my one moment of fame. Typical.

11. Greenarmyjoe

Watch it on Catch up or the player Sensible.. you may be able to see your self on TV..

I will see how things are and then make a decision.. My mates have booked the Travel lodge at Wembley for the Friday night in advance.. i will be in London that weekend so hope fully it should be worth while..

12. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

Blimey they're kean Joe. The final isn't until the Sunday so they must be making a weekend of it as well.

13. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

I've been reading on the PAFC site that good ole James and his kin have bought 12 tickets for the home and away legs to give away to deserving persons. Basically he took £240 quid out of his back pocket and transferred it to his side pocket. Think he's got a cheek really, I've been around a lot longer than he has and I could only buy 2 for the home and one for the away. What makes him so special?

14. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

It was the site of your wallet that got the cameras rolling sensible.....tracking down where all those moths came from......:rolleyes:.....:eek:.

15. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

I think they were doing an article on people who have to use food banks and I looked far too slight my age. Probably thought I was hiding a 6 pack under my coat. It was actually a party 7.

16. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

All life passes before you in a football queue.....:eek:.

17. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Birmingham have released Argyle loanee Olly Lee......Lee missed Argyles last two matches because of injury...... possibly not a target for Argyle....especially if we get promoted.

18. Greenarmyjoe

The final is the 23 may a Saturday at 5.30 kick off i believe.. Yes he is flying home from Mexico on the Thursday as he has gone today for holiday and a wedding!! so staying over night and will take in the final if we get there on the Saturday.. There were a lot of moths about Plym..

19. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

For some reason I had it in my head that the final was on the Sunday.........doh!!!! God job I wasn't doing the travel plans.

20. Greenarmyjoe

You would have missed it.. League one is Sunday. that is next season :emoticon-0102-bigsm