1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Play-off Dates Div 2.

Discussion in 'Plymouth' started by Plymborn, May 3, 2016.

1. Greenarmyjoe

Greenarmyjoe Well-Known Member

My son lives in Tottenham and that is a **** hole.. they are making major improvements, But that is the premier league.. We have no one who wants to take it on so we have to be thankful for what we have at the moment. I am not sticking up for Mr brent, but i agree with both sides of the argument..

We must leave this sunday league and hope fully we will do at the ned of this month.. We dont have to try and get back to the champion ship immediately, but it would be nice. One step at a time..

2. Greenarmyjoe

A sunday evening game.. Bad time to try and get to pompey and back or them coming here.. will have to go for the weekend..

3. Plymborn

Plymborn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Why on earth a 6pm kick-off on the Sunday...makes no sense.

TV I expect ruling the roost as usual.

4. lyndhurstgreen

lyndhurstgreen Active Member

I agree entirely Plym, BUT only if we can find a buyer who can finance your glorious plan. What we can't /shouldn't/mustn't do is try and finance the grand plan using the existing assets -been there before remember?. -it will definitely end in tears.
    If we cant find someone who wants to throw a large wad of cash at the club for no return, then I would rather stick with JB's self sustainability plan.

Last edited: May 4, 2016
  5. Greenarmyjoe

That means we will miss songs of praise?

6. lyndhurstgreen

yes but I might just get back for antiques roadshow if I run through the park!

7. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Why did you agree with me and then paste plym's post lyndhurst?

8. notDistantGreen

notDistantGreen Well-Known Member

Arsenal is far from a ****hole when it comes to property deals is it? Poor old West Ham have had to pull off the deal of the century to get themselves into the Olympic Stadium for a fiver and a box of Roses and even Man City needed assistance from the Commonwealth Games!

It's just a shame we couldn't have got involved in World Cup bidding isn't it? Much more honest and straightforward than those shabby property developments.

9. Greenarmyjoe

It is a **** hole to me when your family come from Tottenham.. :emoticon-0102-bigsm:eek::eek::eek: That is the only reason Arsen Whinger stayed was because of the deal with the bank i believe .. He has said so himself? But they have a good ground i admit .. nice luxury seats..

Our time may come for a new ground one day in the future,. we need to get promoted first

10. lyndhurstgreen

now corrected

11. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

I thought agreeing with me was a bit optimistic.........<cheers>

12. lyndhurstgreen

Never! <cheers>

13. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

Went and got my tickets today for whichever playoff date we eventually get. Time of purchase around 1 15pm. There were 5 people in a queue with one security guard to keep the peace. By the time I'd got them and was leaving there were 3 people and a security guard. I was expecting to have to wait a while in a bit of a bigger queue that that. Sell out??????? Hmmmmm!!!

14. lyndhurstgreen

Yes ticketing hasn't been good. Booked mine online yesterday but wasn't given an option to have them posted or to collect, so wandered up to the club just after 9 this morning and waited in a queue for about and hour to collect-at least I got them. No idea what the security was about though.

15. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

I was tempted to push in and see if he was bothered and just to let him earn his few quid he was being paid for nothing much at all. When I got to the front and it was my turn he said "Window 3" and pointed. Glad I didn't apply for the job it being that technical.

16. Plymborn

Plymborn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Just to put the mockers on Argyle getting to the final.....it will be played on Monday 30th May at 3pm.

17. notDistantGreen

4 customers (including my better half) and 1 security guard enforcing the one way system when we picked our Portsmouth tickets up today. One customer was armed with a small brown dog on a lead so it was very lucky that extra deterrence to going the wrong way round was provided by a second hi-viz security jacket hanging on a post, suggesting reinforcements were close by.

18. Greenarmyjoe

those security men earn that twenty pound a day , they keep it all in check and I doubt they get any trouble there as they are right on it,

19. notDistantGreen

Not knocking the man in person Joe, he gave every impression of doing the job he'd been told to do to the letter. Can't ask for more. Chatted away nicely to Her Indoors while she was waiting but then, she likes a good chat especially to a man in uniform. Once spent 40 minutes chatting to the window cleaner, Best of friends thereafter. She knows his kids names and their kids names... Women eh?

Why the club thought it it necessary is a different thing... the dog didn't look violent except to tennis balls.

20. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

I was led to believe it was for crowd control notdistant. I think they were expecting hordes. Last year I was at the back on a queue that stretched to the perimeter fence and beyond. Not that they needed controlling either. But you know how thick janners are. They aren't capable of finding their way 10 yards to a vacant kiosk window without causing a riot.