1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Play Off Final Thread And Poll- The Gas Vs The Mariners

Discussion in 'Bristol Rovers' started by Gasheadseamge79, May 10, 2015.

?

Who Will Win?

Poll closed May 16, 2015.
  1. Gas Win

10 vote(s)
    83.3%
  2. Mariners Win

2 vote(s)
    16.7%
  3. Rather Not Say/Not sure

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

Watching the replay of the game yesterday, I dont think Grimsby were the better team. Yes they were the better side for the 1st 20/25 minutes but then when we scored we were the better side up until half time. So the 1st half to me was even. 2nd half was even too. extra time we looked more likely to score and if it wasnt for the poor offside decision then we could have scored and Mansell shot right at the end too. I think it was a very even match and if I had to pick who deserved it the most on the day I would say Rovers. They had the better opening and we had the stronger finish of the 1st half and was even throughout the game but extra time we were slightly better.

People just see the 1st 20 minutes and see Grimsby dominate and could have won it in that period, and think just because of that they deserved it. Nope.

2. Chris-Gashead

Chris-Gashead Well-Known Member

I know that it was one of the poorer performances I have seen from Rovers this season

3. old timer

old timer Well-Known Member

Chris-Gashead I believe that it was Bill Shankly who once said that successful teams are teams who can play badly and still win

Chris-Gashead likes this.
  4. Chris-Gashead

Chris-Gashead Well-Known Member

Yes, not complaining, as it was one of the better moments this season, and of course it is a sign of a great team if you win whilst playing poorly. We have done it a couple of times this season :)

5. old timer

Pity they didn't at home to Eastleigh, I could have kept coming then

6. old timer

Just had a look at Fishy Forum, they are somewhat upset by the decision not to send of Puddy and our striker diving trying to get a penalty presumably they thought if he hadn't dive he would have missed the open goal after rounding their keeper

7. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

They must have forgotten that they should have had a man sent off too in the 1st half. Not long before half time, a player already booked for Grimsby made a bad tackle which was worse than what the 1st yellow was for but ref gave a final warning instead. At the time I didnt know the player had already been booked but when I watch the game again on replay on BT sports, the commentator said he was very lucky as should have been 2 yellows. Puddy was a yellow. McChrystal would have got back to clear the ball. Right decision made. Also Taylor did dive but their keeper did make contact with Taylor. Taylor felt it and made the wrong decision to go down. But a lot of refs would have gave a pen. Because Taylor made a meal of it, he got nothing. Just sour grapes to me from them.