1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Prediction League PLAY OFFS AGAIN ?

Discussion in 'Plymouth' started by Plymborn, Mar 13, 2016.

1. Plymborn

Plymborn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

With most top teams having ten games left, I cannot see Argyle doing better than the play-offs......on our form at the moment we should just be happy that that is possible still.

How do you see it with these games to play.

Northampton.

Stevenage (A)...Newport (H)...Mansfield (A)...Notts C (H)...Bristol R (H)...Exeter (A)...Crawley (H)...Yeovil (A)...Luton (H)...Portsmouth (A).

Oxford.

Dag & Red (H)...Barnet (A)...Stevenage (H)...Cambridge (A)...Crawley (A)...Luton (H)...Newport (A)...Hartlepool (H)...Carlisle (A)...Wycombe (H).

Plymouth A.

Luton (H)...Morecambe (A)...York (H)...Exeter (A)...Wimbledon (H)...Portsmouth (A)...Leyton O (A)...Dag & Red (H)...Cambridge (A)...Hartlepool (H).

Bristol R.

Newport (A)...Cambridge (H)...Carlisle (A)...Crawley (H)...Northampton (A)...Yeovil (H)...Stevenage (A)...Exeter (H)...York (A)...Dag & Red (H).

Accrington S.

Wycombe (H)...Dag & Red (A)...Leyton O (H)...Newport (A)...Cambridge (H)...Luton (A)...Morecambe (H)...Hartlepool (A)...York (H)...Wycombe (A)...Stevenage (H).

Portsmouth.

Mansfield (A)...Notts C (H)...Wimbledon (A)...Carlisle (H)...Dag & Red (A)...Plymouth A (H)...York (A)...Wycombe (H)...Hartlepool (A)...Northampton (H).

With my diabolical predictions of late....I see it followiing this course.

Northampton.....101 pts.
    Accrington............85 pts.
    Oxford..................82 pts...........(better goal difference)
    Bristol R...............82 pts
    Plymouth A..........81 pts.
    Portsmouth.........80 pts.

Hopefully I'm wide of the mark......but unfortunately I cannot see Argyle getting automatic promotion.....and I don't fancy them in the play-offs........we need to pray that they start scoring goals to help their under pressure defence.....it's about time they stood up to the plate......especially Reid.

I know, don't say it......I haven't anything better to do .....such a sad life I lead.

How do you see it?.

2. Greenarmyjoe

Greenarmyjoe Well-Known Member

Who is the 7th team Plym? Think pompey have the hardest run in and then us :embarrassed: i think we will go up automatically... we have to..

3. AWAY IN BC

AWAY IN BC Well-Known Member

I think with the new signings Houghton and Matt and dropping Reid will help them.
    With Mellor out who will play at right back...

4. Greenarmyjoe

Greenarmyjoe Well-Known Member

Lets hope so BC.. what has happened to Reid, it is now time for him re discover the goal scoring form we know he is capable of??

5. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I've read this kind of thread on almost every site recently. It's no better than our prediction league in that we guess most of the time and that is exactly what everyone is doing. There is no way you can say we will score this amount of points or won't score that amount. Just look at Portsmouth yesterday. Absolute nailed on 3 points for Pompey yet somehow Newport from the bottom of the league area managed to thrash them 3 - 0. Who would have given Watford to beat Arsenal today in the cup? There are loads and loads of these sort of results out there every week. I'm not going to write off our auto promotion chances just yet.

6. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Not to bothered Joe who comes seventh....these are the main opposition.

7. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

We might not even make the play-offs now......goaless again .......one of the worst attacks in the top half of the league.....you cannot blame the defence.....but you can blame our mid-field for being so hopelessly inept.

8. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I'm still not writing off our automatic chances yet. I think though to say we might not make even the play offs is a tad over the top at this stage. And yes I know we aren't scoring.