1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Playing Up Pompey v Chairboys 10SEP16

Discussion in 'Wycombe' started by Guywanderer, Sep 9, 2016.

1. philhythe

philhythe Well-Known Member

Just got back from game when we equalised at 2-2 I thought we could win this played really well going forward at 1-0 we hit the bar. The problem was Jombati had a game to forget should have been pulled of at half time. 3 of the Pompey goals came from his mistakes the first a penalty when he handled, the second came down his side a header from the smallest player on the pitch & from a ridiculous angle (should be worth watching on 5) then the fourth goal came from his foul throw he had got away with one just before second time it cost us a goal. The defence needs sorting it goes to show the difference Mawson & McCarthy made over the last two seasons. First half was good against a side who had won 3 in a row & scored 3 last game. Looking at todays game we are better than our position suggests.

Ron likes this.
  2. Wooperts_duck

Wooperts_duck Well-Known Member
    Staff Member

Hi Guy, Torcross and Slapton Sands/Ley is a lovely area. If you want a nice cooked breakfast, try Seabreeze on the seafront. I will look out for your motorhome, as we always stop off at Torcross on our way from Dartmouth to Kingsbridge ! Have a good holiday <ok>

Guywanderer likes this.
  3. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Ok I take it back Wycombe are Fecked................

If you need any tips about Dartmouth and surrounding area then I'm your man Wooperts. My Missus is a local born and bred there and most of her family still live there. Dartmouth, or Deliverance as I call it, is a lovely place and I spent about 5 years serving in that big building on the hill known as BRNC. Mind you you know how to live with visits to Kingsbridge.........how do you cope with the excitement?

4. Wooperts_duck

Staff Member

My missus likes going there - you do what you have to do in life to survive !!

Love Dartmouth & Dittisham, infact most of the South Hams.

By the way, PFC are coming for PAFC, greeny, keep looking over your shoulder :emoticon-0103-cool:

5. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I was always looking over my shoulder for Pompey ratings when in the Andrew Wooperts so am used to it. You can't trust the buggers if they are behind you...........

By the way it's pronounced Ditsum which might help you out when there.

6. philhythe

philhythe Well-Known Member

Hey Wooperts how come Connor Chaplin only ever comes on as a sub surely he is better than that

7. Wooperts_duck

Staff Member

Most Pompey fans ask the same question Phil. He is a precocious talent, whom Paul Cook is nurturing, and he normally only gets around 10 to 15 minutes on the field as a substitute towards the end of a game.

Yesterday proved that with 65 minutes on the pitch, after Curtis Main went off injured, he turned in an excellent performance, topped with a cracking goal.

He will most probably start on the bench again for our next match.......