1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Plymouth Play Off

Discussion in 'Wycombe' started by philhythe, May 4, 2015.

1. philhythe

philhythe Well-Known Member

Looks like the M4 is closed all weekend at Junction 13 next weekend worth checking out for anybody traveling from Wycombe

2. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I stood in a queue for 2 and half hours today to get my home leg ticket for Saturday. When I left the ground there was a queue as long as the one I'd joined previously so I think we must have done a fair old trade today. Quite a buzz about the place as well which I hope carries forward to the match.

I hear you might be short of your first choice keeper for Saturday and there is word on you looking for an emergency loan from somewhere. Is that right? If so will you be allowed one by the good old F of A?

3. ChairboyTom

ChairboyTom Member

The whole situation is incredibly complex greeny. First of all, we have absolutely no idea how fit Ingram will be by the weekend, Ainsworth has been pretty good at keeping things like this under wraps. Secondly, we do have three other goalkeepers, however one is the GK coach who has played two games since 2003, whilst the other two are youngsters who have only experienced non-league football at a level below the Conference North/South. Technically, I would imagine that they have professional contracts (not so sure about Richardson the GK coach), so theoretically we wouldn't be able to sign anyone as we've got 2 fit professional keepers who could play. However, Horlock hasn't played a league game and Lynch has only played the last 14 minutes of the Northampton game, and really isn't up to football league standard yet, so is he classified as a pro or not?

Rumours flying round that we will get permission from the FA to sign a keeper of similar quality & experience to Ingram on emergency loan tomorrow, once the FA get the paperwork; Charlton keeper Nick Pope who was on loan at Bury has been mentioned as the man who would most likely come on an emergency loan in such case, but it really is all up in the air at the moment. Guess we'll have to wait and see.

4. Blue_Slasher

Blue_Slasher Active Member

Apart from the Ingram doubts, I am quite hopeful about the play offs.
    Seems like we are getting most of players back from injury (perhaps a couple of weeks too late). JJ was obviously close this weekend, being on the bench. Sounds like Sam Saunders will be fit and raring to go. Alfe and Pierre together at the back. We could at least be in a position to give ourselves the best shot we can, with a strong line up.
    As you say, Ainsworth never gives much away re injuries so we will probably only find out at some stage on Saturday. That is unless we bring in an emergency loanee, which would speak volumes.
    Only disappointing thing about the play offs is the bloody match times (even worse for Plymouth coming to us on a week night)
    COYB!

5. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

I won't be one of the travellers Slasher but I can assure you the away end will be full however dumb the TV schedules are. You have to remember this is the prostitute called "The FA" who have sold everything to the TV companies we are talking about. We the mere supporters are not in the mix when it comes to consideration. The further up the Midden you crawl the worse it gets.

6. josewwfc

josewwfc Well-Known Member

Confirmed today that the loanees Mawson, Saunders, Yannaris and Fred will all be available for the play-off game which is a massive boost. I suspect Jacobson will be fit to start again bringing wood into midfield, which again is like having a new player. My worry is Ingram - if he is only half fit then it could be problematic, and a new keeper, be it a loanee or one of the youngsters, will be lacking match experience/practice.

7. philhythe

philhythe Well-Known Member

No trouble queueing for my ticket went on line & got mine last night as I can not make the Wanderers box office it says I will be able to pick it up in Plymouth

8. Bicester Blue

Bicester Blue Member

And the trains aren't much use either!

THE following is a quote obtained from First Great Western regarding their train timetable on Saturday.
    "In light of Argyle's involvement on that day please be aware that due to the scheduled late kick off there are NO rail services departing Plymouth after the match. The timetable for that Saturday evening means that the last trains head towards Exeter at 21.15 and Penzance at 21.21, there are no services to any destinations after those two train have departed."

Read more at http://www.pafc.co.uk/news/article/fgw-statement-2443710.aspx#cHKbzkEXTH8dqgX7.99

9. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

There was a move from a number of our Cornish followers to try to get them to put a train on given we have quite a few who come up from there and the last train leaves at around 9 15pm on Saturday. Absolutely no joy from them whatsoever. It's no shock they don't give a stuff about their regular customers is it. Engineering works allegedly. Not that the club are much better.

Word seems to be that we have sold around 8000 tickets for the game so far and it's only been open to season ticket holders so far. Tomorrow they open it up to general sale so that should increase numbers greatly. Read somewhere you have sold about 1000 so far. Hope the lack of transport doesn't mean you won't be able to bring all that would like to be here.

10. mowgli1960

mowgli1960 Well-Known Member

I can't go because of the train times, i have to get back to Bristol but my last bus back to Wells is 10PM so it'll have to be the tv for me with a few beers. :steam:

11. ChairboyTom

ChairboyTom Member

I can't make it down from Leicester, very long way & even more difficult to get back to than Wycombe at that time!

Better news re. Ingram though, he's back in training and I am told should be ok to play on Saturday

12. josewwfc

josewwfc Well-Known Member

I cant make this one from stoke, im working first thing sunday morning too so I feasibly cant make it - having said that ill be back in Wycombe for the home leg

13. Guywanderer

Guywanderer Well-Known Member

Yes I was all set to go down to Plymouth until I discovered the kick off time and the local derby between Ipswich and Norwich is a midday kick off but I've got my ticket for the home leg

14. Cardiff-Wycombe

Cardiff-Wycombe Well-Known Member

No way, big blow