1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Politics Thread

Discussion in 'Southampton' started by ChilcoSaint, Feb 23, 2016.

1. Archers Road

Archers Road Urban Spaceman

That's insane. One's a racist demagogue feeding on hate and lies, a man so stupid he went bankrupt playing the New York property market; the other's a career politician whose record, while not untainted (how could it be after decades in govt?) is there for all to see. Deapite decades of smeer from a rabid right wing media, they have been able to make nothing stick to the Clinton's, yet you still say she is nearly as bad as Trump. Why? Sounds like pretty lazy thinking to me.

2. Saint Sosa

Saint Sosa Well-Known Member

Read up on the Clinton Foundation. Lots of foreign donations and very questionable voting habits, not to mention a few very suspicious 'suicides' - I'm not going to write a long post about it as I don't have the time. If you think it's a media smear then you are very wrong, if anything Clinton has a ridiculous control over mainstream media in America.

She's as dirty as they come, Trump is feeding on the uneducated and peoples fears - Clinton will do anything to maintain her power. The choice is a **** one. Don't you dare try and tell me it's lazy thinking when you clearly have no clue what you're talking about.

I'll leave you with a quote, I'll let you guess who made it and then have a think about respective media coverage: "I voted numerous times when I was a senator to spend money to build a barrier to try to prevent illegal immigrants from coming in. And I do think you have to control your borders."

ImpSaint likes this.
  3. Archers Road

^^^okay, not lazy. Just a bit nuts.

ImpSaint likes this.
  4. ImpSaint

ImpSaint Well-Known Member

Trump makes his money and doesn't hide. The Clintons are minted yet were out of pocket when they left the white house despite numerous conflicts of interest from Arkansas to the current day. Land sales of uranium rich lands to russian businesses? Russian businesses whose rich men just happen to donate to the Clinton Foundation??? There is an absolute minefield of actual political collaterol to tar Hilary with. The latest deleted e-mails and using non state safeguarded machines to conduct state business on is just the one in focus.

Saint Sosa likes this.
  5. Saint Sosa

How is it nuts? Do you trust Hillary Clinton? I'm saying they are both awful candidates to run a country.

6. Saint Sosa

It's so shady, at least with Trump you know what you're getting to an extent. At least if he does win in November, he will have the power to go after the Clinton's and lock them both up. They're both utterly detestable, and there's really not a lot between the two in terms of morality.

7. ImpSaint

I think in reality Trump will be easier to control by the rest of the US system.

8. Saint Sosa

Yeah, he's spouted a lot of stupid **** throughout his campaign but he'll have a lot of resistance from within the Republican Party. A lot of his pledges are going to be blocked/heavily amended. The Clintons are such a well oiled political machine with very powerful connections, either way I'd hate to live in America right now.

ImpSaint likes this.
  9. Archers Road

And I'd hate to live in your head.

Do you really see equivalence between Trump and Clinton? That can only be because, like all conspiracy theorists, you believe nothing you read in the press and everything you read on the internet.

About the only thing the US right can make stick to Hillary is that she is too close to Wall Street, which appears a bit hypocritical for a left leaning politician. But this is America; Wall Street is the focus of US capitalism, to be anti Wall Street over there is tantamount to being anti American. And she is a New York senator - of course she's close to Wall Street. That doesn't play well with some of Bernie's hardcore support, but then some of them are as nuts as their fellow conspiracy theorists on the right.

davecg69 likes this.
  10. ImpSaint

Saint Sosa likes this.

11. Saint Sosa

Why are you still replying to me? I have no interest in discussing this with you as you've annoyed me by making huge assumptions about me, what I've said and what I believe. If you think her only fault is being "too close to wall street" then quite frankly you're a ****ing idiot. The email leaks should be enough proof for you to see what a crooked, power hungry hag she really is.

12. Archers Road

Man, you're weird. Seek help.

tiggermaster and ImpSaint like this.
  13. Schad

Schad Well-Known Member

Let's hear the list. There's Vince Foster, whose suicide isn't even remotely suspicious...he was suffering from depression and anxiety, on anti-depressants, and had told his sister that he was struggling and felt like a failure. And the partisan Starr report concluded that it was a suicide.

Presume the other 'suicides' feature evidence just as compelling? Man, Clinton is a monster if you invent horrible crimes of hers wholesale while ignoring all available evidence.

14. I Sorry I Ruined The Party

I Sorry I Ruined The Party Well-Known Member

H. Clinton is a career politician, really no better or worse than others.

Trump is on a completely different level.

15. Saint Sosa

Not saying I believe it, but here is a list: http://www.freewebs.com/jeffhead/liberty/liberty/bdycount.txt

16. Schad

Schad Well-Known Member

Not saying you believe it, but here are a bunch of random deaths, many of which have had details changed to fit the Clintons, and several of which have been ascribed to Obama, as well. It's facile nonsense; "but what if it was true!?" isn't exactly compelling evidence for something that is, on its face, completely absurd.

That list has been debunked so many times that it barely merits an eyeroll, but here:

http://www.snopes.com/politics/clintons/bodycount.asp

17. davecg69

davecg69 Well-Known Member

That's what they thought about Adolf Hitler. If you think you can control him, think again. I'm not keen on Hillary (I think the Democrats made a big mistake) but a vote for anyone else (or a non vote) will bring in the biggest disaster ever to hit the Western World.

18. Saint Sosa

I think I've probably just spent too much time reading crap on the internet today, being stuck in a stuffy office with all my work done for this month hasn't helped.

I wasn't aware it had been debunked, I'll have a look through that when I get on the train. cheers man. I still stand by what I said about Hillary being untrustworthy and having a very questionable voting/donation record.

Tomorrow I'll probably come back with a load of David Icke videos for everyone.

19. I Sorry I Ruined The Party

This is a good debunking of that:
    http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-m...-trump-inaccurately-suggests-clinton-got-pai/

As an ex-President, Bill Clinton gets a ton of money to make speeches from people who are interested in having friends in high places. Same with any other ex-President. They all go around making speeches for crazy amounts of money, though admittedly Clinton is a little more greedy than most.

The difference is, because H. Clinton is still in office, a conspiracy theorist or a right wing nut from Breitbart can always tie whatever fee is paid to B. Clinton to H. Clinton, and therefore portray it as a concealed bribe.

But in the end, it's really just standard old boy network, one-hand-washes-the-other type of stuff. It's not cool, but every single politician does it.

20. I Sorry I Ruined The Party