1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Politics Thread

Discussion in 'Southampton' started by ChilcoSaint, Feb 23, 2016.

1. Le Saint

Le Saint Well-Known Member

Is there something I'm missing about why it's ok for you to be so outwardly rude to somebody? Imp Saint talks much sense and I always enjoy reading his views (and appear to agree with most). If you don't want to read them then just don't!

Whiteley Saint likes this.
  2. TheSecondStain

TheSecondStain Needs an early night

That's what I wanted to know. :) Anyway, I'll edit mine to be right again. Even weirder. I went to edit it and the full text popped up in the editor. So I didn't do anything and the full text was on the page, after cancelling.

3. Archers Road

Archers Road Urban Spaceman

A throwaway line from Momentum in Hackney's website? So not Labour strategy at all then?

You should work for the Daily Mail Imps. Or Breitbart (perhaps you already do).

4. swanseaandproud

swanseaandproud Well-Known Member

Corbyn and Labour will be the biggest surprise and the biggest threat to May and her lies....She will have less MP's than she has now and she is running scared....Just watch the idiot at PM's questions ...When asked a question by any Labour MP she never ever answers but gives a long speech discrediting Corbyn. She will do anything like planting Tories around her to give easy questions so she can continue her propaganda witch hunt against corbyn.....Mr corbyn has done nothing more than tell it as it is and with the Tory Media and Newspapers which are all owned and run by rich Tories except the Mirror will produce blatant lies continuing the slander of Corbyn....Lets get this straight The Tories under May Have made a right hash of leaving the EU which has cost you and me a lot of money ...and dont forget the rich millionaires only pay the same as you and me.....The country is in a mess with Schools,NHS,the railways just to mention a few.....They have made more cuts for the most vulnerable and the working classes and the only ones to have a massive pay rise are the MP's, Bankers and heads of business with the rest getting 1% if we are lucky after being frozen for years......The Tories want a hard Brexit which will effect everyone in the country except the Rich as they wont feel any change in living standards like the rest of us are feeling already......They are not called the Nasty party for nothing who will lie and cheat to remain in power......By the way i was a Tory voter once upon a time until Thatcher destroyed my country and i have never trusted them since and have voted Labour as the only party for decency and fairness ....

The Ides of March likes this.
  5. Onionman

Onionman Well-Known Member

Imps and I had a disagreement some time ago after he posted a typical lunatic anti-"main-stream-media" nonsense knee-jerk-dismissal reaction about something someone posted that Imp admitted he hadn't even bothered to read. As he'd done the same about something I'd posted on an earlier occasion, I took exception. So, yes, I'll call him what I like, if you don't mind. And, as it happens, he's the only person on my ignore list so I no longer have to read his paranoid ramblings. I only gathered he was back on because other people on here have seen through him and responded in such a way that it was clear he was on again.

Anyway, each to their own. I'm very sorry to hear that you agree with him given that he doesn't bother to read before responding. It suggests he just loves propaganda rather than debate, so I suggest you treat his posts with suspicion.

I also insulted him because someone did it once before and he changed his name to "finishedhere" and stopped posting. Unfortunately, that change was as reliable as everything else he posts. I was rather hoping that if I pointed out his prickishness again he might flounce off in a huff again. Unfortunately, the prospect of a general election and all the alt-right rants he can trump up will probably keep him hammering at his keyboard like a pneumatic drill on cocaine, so it's probably a forlorn hope.

Vin

The Ides of March and ImpSaint like this.
  6. Puck

Puck Well-Known Member

He didn't say Labour though. He said Momentum.

Still a bit of a stretch to quote a local area's website as national policy.

7. davecg69

davecg69 Well-Known Member

Why am I being told I must vote labour? No time for Corbyn, no time for May, unsure if I know the names of the other leaders (no doubt I'll find out in the next few weeks though). I'll do as I usually do and vote for the local candidate I feel will properly represent me and my views.
    I don't like being told to vote for any party - it's called Democracy

8. ImpSaint

ImpSaint Well-Known Member

I didn;t say it was Labour policy. I said momentum. Momentum are the group that run campaigns to boost Corbyn support. They are 10,000 or so members that then work all over social media and the streets encouraging other people to join Labour as members and support the almighty leader.

9. Whiteley Saint

Whiteley Saint Well-Known Member

I would suggest you put him on ignore if you are really that bothered by him.

Everyone should be able to post whatever drivel they want (and from what I've seen they do) without anyone trying to stop them posting just because they don't like what they are saying.

BobbyD and Velcro Roy like this.
  10. ImpSaint

Can someone tell Vin he might not have to wait long because my laptop battery holds no charge and the charger not to reliable since the greyhound chewed it in half. :)

Oh and that I don't write for Breitbart nor read it and I'm not alt-right although I do sympathise with what a lot of the fascist spencer rabag lot like to call alt-lite.

11. Whiteley Saint

I got a new one off of eBay. Charger not greyhound. :)

12. VocalMinority

VocalMinority Well-Known Member

Because we chose the 2 party first past the post system over AV that would let you do that without inadvertently helping elect somebody to represent you thats further away from your views.

13. thereisonlyoneno7

thereisonlyoneno7 Well-Known Member

Ah it's going to get tasty on this thread over the next few weeks :)

Archers Road likes this.
  14. Whiteley Saint

We'll find out who can count to 10 and who can't. :emoticon-0146-punch

ImpSaint and thereisonlyoneno7 like this.
  15. Number 1 Jasper

Number 1 Jasper Well-Known Member

I agree, but it won't happen in time sadly.

16. Archers Road

I'm planning to stay away.

But something keeps drawing me back.

thereisonlyoneno7 likes this.
  17. ImpSaint

Because it is good to share differing opinions and intriguing to see what the "other side" thinks.

18. Onionman

Onionman Well-Known Member

Erm, might just be worth actually reading the post you replied to, which contained the following words:

I'm NOT trying to stop him posting. How the hell could I do that? I'm just pointing out my opinion of him and wishing he'd bugger off of his own accord and stop posting his inane alt-right breitbartesque made up paranoic nonsense ramblings on here.

Vin

ImpSaint likes this.
  19. thereisonlyoneno7

thereisonlyoneno7 Well-Known Member

Ah, as I said. It is going to get tasty on here over the next few weeks. I wish you all well. I hope we all survive :)

#fire #stoked #byNo7

20. Archers Road

Yeah, that'll be it mate :emoticon-0125-mmm:

ImpSaint likes this.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)

1. Gregm1988