1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

POLL........How will we finish the upcoming season

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by kiwiqpr, Jul 31, 2015.

?

WHERE WILL WE FINISH THE UPCOMING SEASON

Poll closed May 31, 2016.
  1. CHAMPIONS

6.9%
  2. AUTOMATIC PROMOTION

8.3%
  3. PLAY OFFS

27.8%
  4. UNLUCKY NOT TO MAKE THE PLAY OFFS

21.5%
  5. MID TABLE

28.5%
  6. LUCKY NOT TO BE RELEGATED

6.3%
  7. RELEGATED

0.7%
  1. kiwiqpr

kiwiqpr Barnsie Mod

SO HOW DO YOU THINK WE WILL DO THIS SEASON
    I did not have much optimism for the upcoming season at the end of the last one
    but for some reason as soon as the first signing was made my mood changed
    gonna be another rollercoaster

COME ON YOU RS

2. BlindFaith

BlindFaith Well-Known Member

Need to sort the defence otherwise could be a struggle.

I've gone for mid-table as don't see a balanced squad (yet) & with so many new players could be a while before CR works out the best team/formation.

kiwiqpr and UTRs like this.
  3. Peter Damage

Peter Damage Well-Known Member

Depending on how the next month goes it could literally be any of them. So ask this 1st September and could get completely different answer

But as things stand I’d say mid-table. Which I’d say is a terrible thing for the future prospects of this club if we don’t capitalise on the players staying who are better than this league like Onouha, Green and Phillips alongside the amount of cash floating around because of short-term parachute payments and one off windfall’s in Prem player sales.

People seem to think there is this magic word, consolidation. Where you simply stay in this division for a few years then automatically get really good and get promoted. A couple of years of ‘consolidation’ and it is just a likely the club head in the other direction and into league one for more ‘consolidation’.

daverangers, kiwiqpr and QPR Oslo like this.
  4. EscapeGoat

EscapeGoat Well-Known Member

We'll make the play offs

Our owners have deep pockets, signing's will be made to replace further expected departures.

Tjaronn Chery could potentially wreak havoc once he's firing, and we've got a fantastic prospect in Massiamo Luongo who'll be heading to the Prem with or without us.

kiwiqpr likes this.
  5. Rangers Til I Die

Rangers Til I Die Well-Known Member

Glass half empty this morning so 'unlucky not to make playoffs for me'. There are too many other well oiled teams for us to do anything too spectacular. Hope I'm wrong, yes I am a real fan, ST holder etc etc!

kiwiqpr likes this.
  6. Bwood_Ranger

Bwood_Ranger 2023 Funniest Poster

I think we'll finish about 14th and people will react as if the world has ended.

kiwiqpr, aqualung and sb_73 like this.
  7. tom0601

tom0601 New Member

I think mid table not enough defenders and our strike force is definitely not strong enough JET was playing a league below Polter was playing second league in Germany and as good as mackie is he won't do it alone.
    Yes we have Austin right now but is he actually going to be here on dead line day when someone in the premier league is injured?

kiwiqpr likes this.
  8. elnino37

elnino37 Active Member

I think we'll finish 2nd to Derby. Can't see Derby losing many with a midfield 5 of Weimann, Thorne, Hughes, Hendrick and Ince. We just need 1 player to make our team near complete (with the current squad). I think we'll be fine.

kiwiqpr likes this.
  9. tom0601

tom0601 New Member

I Still think even if we get one defender we're going to need too yes perch is versatile and can really do a job but I think we need a really quality centre back too

kiwiqpr likes this.
  10. Bwood_Ranger

As a starting two I don't think many teams will have a better pair than Onuoha and Perch. Definitely need a back-up which makes it all the more bewildering Ehmer was released but who knows? Still time.

kiwiqpr likes this.

11. tom0601

tom0601 New Member

I personally really thought Donaldson was going to be a great player this season, also released wasn't he? I think we need s centre back that's someone like smith from Ipswich or keogh after he got the assist for Zamora

kiwiqpr likes this.
  12. sb_73

sb_73 Well-Known Member

It's not about how many of our 'good' players stay, they have already shown they are not good enough for the prem. We stank the place out. It's about how good the new players and the kids are.

kiwiqpr likes this.
  13. Bwood_Ranger

It's fair to say if Austin, Phillips and Fer stay we'll win more games than if they go.

kiwiqpr likes this.
  14. stanleyparkerbowles

stanleyparkerbowles Well-Known Member

13th at Christmas finishing 7th or 8th with Gerry Francis as caretaker manager

kiwiqpr likes this.
  15. Peter Damage

Peter Damage Well-Known Member

Caulker was by a million miles our best aerially and that needs replacing. Onouha always struggles with taller strikers and Perch is a right back so will also struggle against a tall centre forward.

Need to get in a real strong centre back and for the Caulker deal to make sense that needs to be done on a very small budget

kiwiqpr likes this.
  16. awjm

awjm Well-Known Member

I made my vote feeling quite confident we'll get the defenders in.

kiwiqpr likes this.
  17. devonqprboy

devonqprboy Well-Known Member

I've gone for the playoffs but it is the time of year that every football fan is optimistic.

Having said that, given the new signings I am far more optimistic than I was at the end of last season.

My only worry is that if Austin and Philips go, they do so sooner than later so we have a chance of getting replacements. Losing Remy at the end of the transfer window last season really did us in.

kiwiqpr and EscapeGoat like this.
  18. QPRski

QPRski Well-Known Member

I would like to see us play fast and ATTRACTIVE FOOTBALL and to make CONTINUAL PROGRESS.

I would not be too unhappy if we have initial mixed results and are mid or below mid-table. But I would like the team to make continous improvements throughout the season with both results and postion. With a bit of luck and a run of good form towards the end of the season, we may even make a play of spot. Then, who knows?

kiwiqpr likes this.
  19. East Herts Rangers

East Herts Rangers Active Member

No confidence in the coach & or DoF, a load of league 1 signings most of whom are midfielders, no decent defenders or forwards, Austin, Phillips & Fer will all go. As it stands today with one week until the season starts I think we will be lucky not to go down.
    Just an opinion, hope I am wrong.

kiwiqpr likes this.
  20. aqualung

aqualung Well-Known Member

should reach the playoffs with squad as it is today.

Who the hell voted lucky not to be relegated?<yikes>
    oh right just noticed it was above!

kiwiqpr likes this.