1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Polter Official

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by BushBaby, Jun 29, 2015.

1. sb_73

sb_73 Well-Known Member

I prefer the phrase 'functioning alcoholic'. Not really, I have a mutually respectful relationship with booze. On that occassion I was with a couple of mates on the s-bahn, one who had been before was wearing a Hertha scarf and a couple of the locals got talking, insisted we got off a couple of stops early and walk to the stadium with them, drinking on the way. Good experience.

It's a great stadium,but you are right, not for watching football in. When I went there were about 37,000 in there. The Ost Kurve is great fun though (I don't believe any one really watches the game anyway). You know what it's like, a decent first experience, like you with the Ruperts. Couple of day's later we went to Wolfsburg - great stadium, good fans, truly horrible town, but I was already a Hertha fan by then.....Standing does make a huge difference. To be honest that long weekend restored my faith in football, sorely tested by QPR, great fun and great value, the way it used to be for us. German football is something to be proud of. Except Bayern.

Have only heard good things about Union and their fans. There is a QPR fan called Mel Huckridge who travels to watch football constantly, and is a huge Union fan. He's written a book 'Grounds for Divorce'. Haven't read it but have chatted to him in the pub.

Here's another view of the Olympiastadion

image.jpg

and enjoy the lower leagues my friend.....

Last edited: Jun 29, 2015
    UTRs likes this.
  2. roboto

roboto New Member

Yeah. All this Bayern, Chelsea, ManU fans dont know what they r missing!
    They will probably never have the experience of getting relegated or the fun of promoting to the first division.

Nice talking to u guys here!

Cheers from Berlin.

3. QPR999

QPR999 Well-Known Member
    Staff Member

Hi Roboto, I've been working today so not been able to get on here much. Thanks for your decent posts and come and visit us when the Fulham board goes a bit quiet. :emoticon-0148-yes:

4. BushBaby

BushBaby Active Member

01/07/2015
    By David McIntyre

QPR expect to complete the signing of Sebastian Polter from Mainz by the end of the week after agreeing a fee with the German club.

Striker Polter, 24, is finalising personal terms and is due to undergo a medical in the next 48 hours.

A former Germany Under-21 international, he was loaned to second-tier outfit Union Berlin last season after falling out of favour at Mainz. He was on Werder Bremen’s books as a youngster and has played for Wolfsburg.

Mainz coach Christian Heidel revealed to the German press this week that Polter was “very likely” to move to west London.

5. Totallyqpr

Totallyqpr Well-Known Member

I think (if all the paperwork goes through) he will be an asset for us. Charlie who?

6. Rangers Til I Die

Rangers Til I Die Well-Known Member

Good news. Proper business. Young and hungry. Not over-priced. Relatively under the radar.

7. Ranger74

Ranger74 Well-Known Member

8. Geneva Rs

Geneva Rs Active Member

Official

9. Ranger74

Ranger74 Well-Known Member

@IJTaylor81: CONFIRMED: Welcome to @QPRFC, Sebastian Polter. The German striker has signed a three year deal #SebSigns ⚽️⚽️⚽️ http://t.co/5AxXFlnCuZ

10. Geneva Rs

Geneva Rs Active Member

Beat me to it ;) Please merge.

11. QPR Oslo

QPR Oslo Well-Known Member

Good news! Another player we have been linked with becomes a reality. Sounds like he could be a good player for Austin to feed off, if, against all the odds, he stays with us.

12. BushBaby

BushBaby Active Member

Good stuff! sounds like a replacement for Zamora

13. aqualung

aqualung Well-Known Member

Great news! Sounds a great addition. The "right sort".

14. ELLERS

ELLERS Well-Known Member

i had a few negative vibes regarding players of late but after reading what Sir Les and CR have had to say i have got my positive vibes back again.
    We have spent so much money on old wasters that never wanted to try. Now we have a younger team that can pass and last 90mins, a team that has/will be assembled that will compete in this division.
    i expect 3-4 more quality players to add to the team and will look forward to the season ahead.
    Even with a non hooped top

QPR Oslo, NorwayRanger and BushBaby like this.
  15. GoldhawkRoad

GoldhawkRoad Well-Known Member

This sounds like a good signing. Things are looking up...

16. qprbeth

qprbeth Wicked Witch of West12
    Forum Moderator

Sounds good, young and hungry.....good signing I hope
    Checked on wikipedia says he is a striker...not a CD....have I mentioned we need defenders?

17. Eamon Holmes

Eamon Holmes Well-Known Member

I've heard that we are in for a 65 stone goalkeeper, so defenders won't be necessary.

18. Geneva Rs

Geneva Rs Active Member

He started as a goalkeeper so don't worry Beth we have every position in between CF and GK covered with this guy ;)

19. NorwayRanger

NorwayRanger Well-Known Member

please log in to view this image

QPR999, KentGaz and Geneva Rs like this.
  20. Peter Damage

Peter Damage Well-Known Member

Wait and see if he’s any good and he settles but the clubs are definitely doing the right thing getting 5 players in already.

Gives them time to bed in and Ramsey to begin getting his ideas across. On paper looks a good signing and a player with 18 goals in 29 games in championship would cost a lot more than a million.

Plus the strengthening pound means there are bargains to be hand on the continent.

Also think Steve Gallen’s promotion is a big step in the right direction this week.

Biggest hole that needs filling to balance the team now is a left winger. Honestly don’t think we’ve had one since Lee Cook!!