1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Pompey v Argyle

Discussion in 'Plymouth' started by Plymborn, May 10, 2016.

1. Wooperts_duck

Wooperts_duck Well-Known Member
    Staff Member

Well done Plymouth. Close game, but not quite as freeflowing as the first match.

Atmosphere sounded good on Sky. Good luck against either Accies or the Wombles at Wembley <ok>

2. Plymborn

Plymborn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Cheers ....hoping not to have to play in this league next year.....but still some hard work to be done before that happens.

Last edited: May 15, 2016
  3. brb

brb CR250

I was looking through the Wimbledon side yesterday, quite a few ex Gills players in their team Barry Fuller, Andy Barcham, Bayo

4. lyndhurstgreen

lyndhurstgreen Active Member

Cracking afternoon , and the best side won....Wem-ber-ley Wem-ber-ley etc

5. Greenarmyjoe

Greenarmyjoe Well-Known Member

Cheers Duck, :emoticon-0167-beer: the best side won in the end.. now we have to get out of this league.. we have a second chance :emoticon-0140-rofl:

6. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Not going to say anything about the game except I think we derserve the result in this leg. I'm exhausted. I had a chat with a couple of Pompey lads after the game when they were let out and I was waiting for my crowd to come out of the stadium Very pleasant couple of lads who had no problem with the reult on the day. We discussed the fact that Pompey should have buried this league but didn't due to draws at home. I wished them a safe journey home and we parted with a hand shake. That's what football should be and they are a credit to the club. At least a dozen others said well done and wished Argyle well in the final as they passed. Good supporters in my book. Not that I can say the same for a bunch of supposed Argyle fans who were complete tossers. Still we all have them don't we.

Not a game for the faint hearted tonight but on balance I think we did deserve it.

Wooperts_duck likes this.
  7. AWAY IN BC

AWAY IN BC Well-Known Member

I have Wifi at the cabin so could listen to the game here 10am our time..i did a morning fish with 3 in the boat so things were good.
    Wow so many missed chances in the game.
    So glad when they scored i think i scared away all the Bears for miles.
    Really glad for you Guys that having been going to the games all season you now deserve a Wembley trip.

8. notDistantGreen

notDistantGreen Well-Known Member

Wooperts - watched the recording after getting home from a tense and frenetic match. The Sky soundtrack delivered not more than 10% of the actual atmosphere due obviously to a full house of PAFC fans but also in good measure from the Pompey lot who sang their hearts out.

We didn't give away an early goal this time and so the tactics played out as intended and I suspect as they should have done at Fratton Park. Let Pompey have the ball where it did no harm and then hit them hard on the break. It worked perfectly yesterday and in the last half hour, Adams seemed to pull the switch and PAFC pushed up and penned Pompey into their own half.

I think we deserved it although after Matt put a what looked like an easy header wide with 25 minutes or so to go and Jervis hit the post, I was convinced the Argyle Curse would strike and Pompey would steal it.

After all the controversy, good luck next season (unless we're still in there with you). We've learned the hard way not to say it about our own club but I can say it about Pompey - too big and too special for football, never mind yourselves, to be down in that league. Your presence is required upstairs.

Wooperts_duck likes this.