1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Post of the year award....

Discussion in 'Gillingham' started by brb, May 2, 2017.

1. brb

brb CR250

Please give your nominations below and an insight to what was said, actually if you want to give any awards just state what and who to, have fun, it's open season after all or should that be closed season 2016/17 <laugh>

2. brb

brb CR250

So I will start proceedings;

'The three minute award' to The Gills PegLeg, for arriving at the ticket office no more than said time after it's 1.30pm closure time against Millwall and being refused entry to the ground.

3. alwaysright

alwaysright @ Very Angry Camel

Gills_Steve------ for the following ( " Star Player v Northampton " ) - it sums up just how desperate Gills fans had become !
    1. Fleetwood goalkeeper
    2. Fleetwood centre back
    3. The other Fleetwood centre back

grumpygit and patchy70 like this.
  4. The Gills PegLeg

The Gills PegLeg Up yer Harris

<laugh> <laugh> <laugh>

brb likes this.
  5. The Gills PegLeg

Although not a poster, I would like to nominate the Gills Defence for the "Lord Lucan Award". I don't know about anybody else but I certainly haven't seen the defence this season.

6. grumpygit

grumpygit les misérable

I think I have to go for brb's post from the beginning of the season.

"Personally I don't think pre-season form is anything to go by, it's just constant tinkering between all those available. As for where we will finish I'm struggling to even have a guess."

patchy70, brb and The Gills PegLeg like this.
  7. The Gills PegLeg

I nominate @alwaysright for two awards. The first being the prestigious "Mystic Meg Award" for successfully predicting all four teams that will get relegated back on March 22nd.

The second award known as the "False Advertising Trophy" also relates to the same post in which Mr Always also predicted that Gills, Shrewsbury and Oldham would also finish on 53 points. Well that didn't happen so Mr Alwaysright perhaps isn't always right after all.

<cheers>

8. alwaysright

Using ' C ' words can bring you grief !

Well - if this thread is beginning to 'diversify' - then I'd like to nominate myself and Dack for at least one 'stupid' award; The C word Cup.
    1. Mentioning that it's only 236 days to Christmas !! -- but in my defence, I'm not the only one to be stupid enough to use a 'C' word this season.

The Club have definitely been more generous than Santa when they've given manager(s), several players, several injured players and several 'so-called' players a huge gift in their contracts.................................... we really need to get MANY aspects of our recruitment right in the summer.

....2 And while we're still talking about contracts - let's hope that Mr.Scally ( for once ), can win the Court case against Centreplate - you never know - we might even be left with some cash for new players.

...3 I wonder what ' C ' word Dack used towards the referee at MK Dons - to double his ban - Was it "cheat" or something more colourful ? What a Clot.

Last edited: May 3, 2017
  9. alwaysright

1. Thank you :emoticon-0139-bow:
    2. In my defence, I was predicting the situation after 90 minutes of each game ! Just how many points did we give way in 'added-on' time ? Other teams must have thought Christmas had come early.
    - I've just realised that my second award is the 'FAT' award- now I hate you <grr><laugh>

The Gills PegLeg likes this.
  10. JAMES THE GILLS MAN

JAMES THE GILLS MAN Active Member

statement of the year "ignore brb he is drunk"

The Gills PegLeg and brb like this.

11. brb

brb CR250

I have to agree I pmsl when I read that from pegleg <applause>

12. JAMES THE GILLS MAN

JAMES THE GILLS MAN Active Member

My input

Attached Files:

brb likes this.
  13. alwaysright

With what looks like a church-like building in the background - am I being morbid if I suggest that the replica kit and scarf appear to be on top / next to a cheap plywood coffin (end-on) !