1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Pre-season schedule finalised

Discussion in 'Wycombe' started by Ron, Jun 26, 2015.

1. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Probably lucky he wasn't fit for Wembley. Otherwise we would more than likely be in L1 this year looking forward to relegation. From what I saw and what I've read, I think it's unlikely we will do as well this year. Although Gaz did say, in France, that he was looking to go straight up this time. Maybe he's keeping something up his sleeve for the games that matter.

2. Cardiff-Wycombe

Cardiff-Wycombe Well-Known Member

He has come out and said that 61 points is the target. I don't imagine we will be up there like last season but mid table would be fine with me. I still have mental scars of two seasons ago.

3. Blue_Slasher

Blue_Slasher Active Member

I'm still recovering from the Torquay celebratory hangover lol

4. Cardiff-Wycombe

Cardiff-Wycombe Well-Known Member

I know what you mean Slasher, that was a very heavy night.

What did you think of Banton? I know you you said hot and cold, but how hot was his hot? Another Cowen-Hall? I hear he has pace and some moves, maybe even a good cross and a free kick to rival JJ.

5. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Banton has quick feet and pace. He can leave a couple of defenders standing and that can be match winning stuff as long as the strikers are keeping up to tap it in.

6. Blue_Slasher

Yes, i though there were periods when he looked very good. His free kick against Aldershot tested the keeper. I tihnk the frustrating side of his game is that he does try and take players on, not always successfully. So you can imagine if we are under the cosh in games and the ball goes out to him and he loses it, the crowd may get on his back. Maybe a bit harsh, but perhaps more of a luxury player, or one for when we are dominating.

7. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I think he came on for Plymouth when they were losing against us and turned the game round. I agree about losing the ball. That's what we did about 30 secs from the end at Wembley. In situations like that we don't want players taking on the opposition and risk losing possession.

8. mowgli1960

mowgli1960 Well-Known Member

That's hgow PCH started after signing for us to be fair mate and look how he turned out! :grin:

9. Blue_Slasher

You are right about Cowan Hall and I certainly haven't made a judgement on Banton based on a friendly, just some early observations. I think there are going to be games when he is hero worshipped and others where we are grateful to see him subbed. It's up to GA and the rest of his team to turn him into a consistent performer so we can flog him on for plenty of dough next year!!!

10. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

He's only on a 1 year contract isn't he?

11. Blue_Slasher

Good point Ron!