1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

CHAMPIONSHIP REBUILD THREAD

Discussion in 'Swansea City' started by DragonPhilljack, Apr 8, 2017.

1. trundles left foot

trundles left foot Well-Known Member

Stumpy and ValleyGraduate12 like this.
  2. LIBERTARIAN

LIBERTARIAN Well-Known Member

Going back in time, Trevor Ford; Cliff Jones; Terry Medwin; Roy Paul ,
    all had successful careers after leaving Swansea Town.
    Sinclair has eventually found his comfort zone and is doing very nicely in Scotland.

swanseaandproud and Stumpy like this.
  3. ValleyGraduate12

ValleyGraduate12 Aberdude's Puppet
    Forum Moderator

4. ValleyGraduate12

Forum Moderator

5. trundles left foot

If Siggy goes, 100% viera, but, we will go for the cheap and much worse option in Chadli. I don't mind him, but he just looks cumbersome and slow and is no way anywhere near a good enough replacement for Siggy, didn't want him when we were linked with him last year and don't want him now. If we replace Siggy with him another nail in our PL coffin.

6. ValleyGraduate12

Forum Moderator

7. NorfolkSwan

NorfolkSwan Well-Known Member

PGFWhite likes this.
  8. BobbyD

BobbyD President

I wouldn't say he's slow. He's actually pretty quick (chadli). The thing with him though, is that he's pretty tricky, hes got a hell of a shot and he's quite big and physical.

His problem is he suffers from ozil-itis in that he looks super casual and doesn't look to be looking to putting the effort in and has that cba swagger. So he doesn't look to be that hard working and isn't renowned for being a hard worker as well. Also he seems to miss a few sitters now and again and when he's bang on it, looks brilliant but when he's not just is a total passenger.

Stumpy likes this.
  9. trundles left foot

Ha ha, I am sure he has moved on from there, whilst at Barnsley. but yes, not the brightest, but how many footballers are.

10. trundles left foot

I just don't rate him, for me he still looks slow, maybe deceiving, I don't like anything I have seen of him, although most of that was on TV and the odd game against us. Don't rate him, don't want him and no way a replacement for Siggy, just my view, as I believe there are some on here who do think he is a good player. I detest lazy players, even if you are not playing well then put a shift in and most fans can accept that it is not your day. If we sign can see he is going to be my new pet hate as a player. I just hope we don't get taken in and sign him.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2017
    ValleyGraduate12 and BobbyD like this.

11. BobbyD

BobbyD President

Yeah i'm not his biggest fan. I think he can do a good job for a solid premiership side. I'm not sure i would have him in a relegation fight though.

He's certainly a player that needs runners built around him and i'm not sure you want to put your eggs in that basket

ValleyGraduate12 likes this.
  12. trundles left foot

I think we all ready have one like that in our side in Fer, he doesn't like to run, but he will put a tackle in. I just believe we can do much better than this.

13. seabreeze

seabreeze Well-Known Member

We had them all last season and almost got relegated . 80% of our income we spend on wages , I'm sure the other 20% are spent on other bills . We need more money to function and it's how we got it all the time up to this point , selling players for crazy money ... if it ain't broke , keep selling

Stumpy likes this.
  14. trundles left foot

Roof times change man we cant dwell in the past, which is what you are suggesting, if we do then we may as well go back to L2 and just enjoy trying to stay there for god sake. If we want to stay in the league you have to year on year, improve your playing staff not sell the best and hope the cheap option will work, as VDH has proved (only joking on that). Yes we did have the all and almost got relegated, but what we are going to do is sell the best players who kept us in the league and keep the ones who weren't good enough, that is a recipe for disaster. So we keep the best and sell the **** replacing them with better players. That is the only way to survive, other wise we take the money and accept relegation and the yanks can pocket as much as they can as we slide down the league. Stereo is spot on.

15. Stumpy

Stumpy Well-Known Member

Both gone from superb to, you said it Bob, "when he's in the team" and just "doing alright". I rest my case <ok>
    The curse is out there Bob, its real, be afraid, be very afraid <monster>

16. trundles left foot

SSN reporting Everton have made a second bid of 45m for Siggy, I just hope we get every penny we can out of them. Hold out for the 50 which I am sure they will pay.

Taffvalerowdy likes this.
  17. Stumpy

Stumpy Well-Known Member

There's always one <doh>

trundles left foot and BobbyD like this.
  18. BobbyD

BobbyD President

davies i give you.

Williams is doing just as well imo. still first team player still same old williams. at a team with more prospects and more money. the team is winning more games.

Stumpy likes this.
  19. trundles left foot

I think Williams is doing ok, but having watched him he isn't quite as good, I just think age is catching up with him. He looks heavier and a yard slower.

Stumpy likes this.
  20. Stumpy

Stumpy Well-Known Member

Its got some legs then if ssn reporting it Lefty.

http://www.skysports.com/football/n...-for-swansea-city-midfielder-gylfi-sigurdsson
    and
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...erton-make-45m-bid-sign-Gylfi-Sigurdsson.html
    and
    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...be-subject-of-45-million-everton-transfer-bid

I'm happy with a ludicrous £45m for Siggy, see how this develops. We cant turn it down, Shirley <diva>