1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Premier League Thread

Discussion in 'Southampton' started by saintlyhero, Aug 10, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dark Lord SFC

Dark Lord SFC Well-Known Member

Agree SH and TSS however I would look to the expansion to grow our future fans.
    Looking around the ground the average age of fans is high (can't comment on the Family Enclosure) and anything that will bring in new families and children will be of long term benefit to the club.
    In "My Dream" the new dedicated new expanded stand could be dedicated to families/ children so that behind the stand we could have a reception area which is children friendly to give them an experience that isn't just about 90 minutes of football. A decent quality cafe facility aimed a children's menu, lots of TV screens showing previous games, maybe even XBox type booths etc, children's club store.
    Why not open the doors to this facility at noon and encourage the young fans in early to spend their parents money and boost commercial sales. It's like Corp Hospitality for kids

2. fran-MLs little camera

fran-MLs little camera Well-Known Member

They need something like the kids club we had at the Dell....used to drop my son off in a room with games and a shop and he would be walked into the ground to the kids section by stewards. Would also like a tea room with sofas and a similar service for us older people. :)

3. fatletiss

fatletiss Well-Known Member

The Saints Foundation part at St Mary's has a facility like this with Playstation/Xbox booths. I don't know how you qualify to use it but my son did when I went to apply for the Kenya trip.

4. saintlyhero

saintlyhero Well-Known Member

I used to do that (attend as a kid i mean)
    Remember occasionally going to the school across the road for a kick about if the weather was ok.

I guess Dark Lords vision(sounds gruesome) is somewhat similar to the facilities you see at the rose bowl.
    The club have tried the occasional family fun day. I don't how well those have been received, but if you don't have many kids in attendance in the first place then any efforts are a little futile

5. Dark Lord SFC

Dark Lord SFC Well-Known Member

Not been to the Rose Bowl but I think its the way forward as kids have changed, they need to be kept entertained (electronically) if they are going to enjoy coming to the football and staying long term as fans of the future.
    For the "less: clubs, we could offer schools, youth clubs, Scouts & Guides etc free or cheap tickets to given them a taster of what coming to a game is all about and feeling the atmosphere rather than watch the blandness of TV games.
    Its how I got into going to The Dell following a school trip to a Reserve Game back in 1968

6. It’s Only A Game

It’s Only A Game Well-Known Member

I think you're on to something there Fran. The "older people's room" with extra toilets, a tannoy that repeats everything, a store selling saints cardigans and possibly a garden centre.

7. fran-MLs little camera

fran-MLs little camera Well-Known Member

Exactly. :)

8. tiggermaster

tiggermaster Well-Known Member

Real Ale,(ability to use CAMRA VOUCHERS) , 1960s music on the sound system, Mini Bus Home and as rightly stated extra loos just might get me out the pub before 2.35pm (when I can remember what time KO time is each week)... Love is the Drug.

9. ----HistoryRepeating----

----HistoryRepeating---- Well-Known Member

ManUvBarca tonight.

Luke Shaw looking fit and sharp & Morgan Schneiderlin launches into a wild challenge and is lucky not to make any contact.
    Both yikes! <yikes>

10. TheSecondStain

TheSecondStain Needs an early night

I read that Mourinho says he requires a left-back. I'm a little thankful that Bertrand is injured. Sorry Ryan. Under any other circumstances...

11. tomw24

tomw24 Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I'm not sure why you're a little thankful TBH. There is absolutely no chance he will go back to Chelsea to become back up again.

12. TheSecondStain

TheSecondStain Needs an early night

Mourinho has no LB to count on. Btw, is it at possible I might be allowed to have an opinion and to express myself without having my motives questioned.? FFS.

13. Schad

Schad Well-Known Member

He has a LB to count on...Azpilicueta has developed into one of the best around. They're looking for a backup because Felipe Luis didn't want to spend the latter part of his prime as understudy.

14. ......loading......

......loading...... 25 undefeated

Anyone else getting fed up with the Man Utd love in going on at the Beeb? There seems to be a new article about them every few hours, dedicated BBC journos following them around and baffling decisions to make nothing stories headline news. For example, we sign Clasie and the headline football story was some comment LVG had made.

I am not expecting Saints to get much coverage (though mentioning Koeman's Feyenoord return might have been nice) but can't the BBC manage some kind of balanced coverage of all teams?

TheSecondStain likes this.
  15. fatletiss

fatletiss Well-Known Member

In answer to your last question: probably not.

16. saintlyhero

It's probably got worse now they're based in Salford.

"Fancy going down to Southampton and get an update on their Europa league preparations?"

"Actually boss I was hoping I could nip across the road as they're announcing the new pie line up for 2015/2016"

17. Che’s Godlike Thighs

Che’s Godlike Thighs Well-Known Member

Come on then, I can't wait much longer...

18. SaintsForTheWin

SaintsForTheWin Any holes a goal

I do fancy a good pie.

19. Osvaldorama

Osvaldorama Well-Known Member

Media outlets publish their stories based on which ones will be the most popular. The big clubs have millions of fans interested in what's going on, of course they get more coverage. An average United/Liverpool/arsenal story will clock up hundreds of thousands of reads, whereas saints stories maybe 10-20k on a good day!

20. saintlyhero

I'd agree with you if the BBC was a commercial enterprise and relied on clicks and circulation for income.

I appreciate your comment is on all media, but the original dig was at the beeb. They could do better at distributing their main stories and not get embroiled in tittle tattle

......loading...... likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.