1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Trumpy pumpy.

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by LuisDiazgamechanger, Aug 4, 2016.

1. astro

astro Well-Known Member

Spicer admitted Trump conspired with Flynn to break the law

* Record Points Total likes this.
  2. DirtyFrank

DirtyFrank Well-Known Member

There may be a chink of light. Most are assuming that Ryan's comment "republicans can't investigate republicans" as a signal that they aren't going to bother at all..and listening to those chairing oversight etc this sounds true ....but Ryan is a sllithery snake of a career politician. Trump is not a real republican and if this continues to snowball (NYT/CNN reports indicate it will) he may use that idea to ask for an independent special prosecutor on the grounds that republicans shouldn't investigate republicans.

Don't think it's at the point where they think more damage to their reputations has been done vs what Trump can deliver them but it's a possibility down the line if this type of scandal keeps getting in the way of Trump actually formulating policy on tax reform obamacare etc etc.

3. Red Hadron Collider

Red Hadron Collider The Hammerhead

You calling me a ****ing dick? <grr>

4. moreinjuredthanowen

no :)

you've been too busy grieving. everyone else are dicks, however you knew this already.

Milk not bear jizz likes this.
  5. Prince Knut

Prince Knut GC Thread Terminator

Ironic that Flynn was the main cheerleader on the campaign trail of 'Lock her up!'. Sweet. :emoticon-0125-mmm:

6. Red Hadron Collider

I'm still grieving and am extremely touchy. I think you should all know this <grr>

7. moreinjuredthanowen

of course i do. have i slagged you on it.. why even tobes hasn't according to my reading.

8. Red Hadron Collider

Not quite

9. DirtyFrank

He's losing it...gone into twitter meltdown .. Screenshot_20170215-140335.png Screenshot_20170215-140343.png

10. Milk not bear jizz

Milk not bear jizz Grasser-In-Chief

A very serious crime took place and Trump's concerns are not that it happened but that the public found out it happened.

11. Milk not bear jizz

Milk not bear jizz Grasser-In-Chief

It's a shame Sisu isn't here. I'd love to hear how he would go about defending the Trump regime.

... Nah... On second thoughts it would probably get old really quickly.

DirtyFrank likes this.
  12. astro

astro Well-Known Member

Lizards putting chemicals in clouds.

13. Prince Knut

Hahahaha!!!!! The ****ing irony (again) after the way Comey DELIBERATELY stitched up Hilary a fortnight before the election (and was suitably rewarded by the incoming Trump -regime), and now his 'Fox and Friends' (i.e. Murdoch) are pointing their six-fingered, one-eyed accusations at the intelligence services. Alternative ****ing hypocrisies! <doh>

DirtyFrank likes this.
  14. moreinjuredthanowen

this is fun.

It's like watching a #melt on here but with a guy with atomic weapons.

15. moreinjuredthanowen

historic times.

16. astro

astro Well-Known Member

The biggest danger to the world is Trump has replaced "mutually assured destruction" with "#nailedon too incompetent to respond"

17. Prince Knut

I think Trump will get the first strike in. Unfortunately it will be on Canada or Australia (okay, the last one is not so unfortunate and may give us a chance at the Ashes).

18. moreinjuredthanowen

the ashes of Australia maybe... <laugh>

19. DirtyFrank

Yep. Look, there is validity in the accusation that classified material shouldn't be leaked and in doing so is a crime.

However...All of those officials took an oath to defend the Constitution against enemies foreign and domestic (NOT an oath to the President). They did their jobs and provided the administration in charge with deeply concerning intelligence which they then saw said administration actively lie to the american people, deny it had happened, attacked the very same agencies that did their jobs.

Those people also see a Congress controlled by the Presidents party, Have information that a foreign country may have gathered compromising information on both administration ( dossier)and RNC leaders (remember they surmised that both parties emails were hacked) and are seeing a possible effect of that info being a congress not interested in investigating the possible illegality of the administration in case they are punished by Russia.

In view of all that and the oath they took, maybe under whistle-blower protection or not..these people have decided to uphold the spirit of their oath in the face of all others breaking theirs.

As for Trump whinging about the leaks...everyone remembers him praising and egging on Wiki leaks and the Russians to do the exact same thing during the campaign. No moral ground to stand on.

Oh and it's (scary) but irresistible viewing..will bureaucrats and the 4th estate save the US political system?

20. moreinjuredthanowen

OR they are just playing the game same as the rest of them and getting trump back for mouthing off about them.

The yanks in the middle I would love to know what they think now about their swing to the reds and electing this guy. They didn't like clinton granted thats thier right but they knew what they were electing in her place.